pkmk

N-400 JULY 2008 Filers

637 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Gabon
Timeline

Just FYI:

With an InfoPass today, I went to my District Office to find out about the status of my case. The officer, who assisted me, checked if any decision was entered into the system & astonishely asked me if I already had an interview. I said yes and provided him the interview results form. He took the sheet & said, "I'm going to find out the situation on the application". He left & showed up five minutes later & told me he could not see the officer because he was on the phase of an interview. He could not interrupt him. He made a copy of the result sheet & then told me he would leave a note for the interviewer officer to look into it. He suddenly prompted the vibe saying "you should not be making inquiring about this case until if you do not hear from us for over 120 days". I said "OK, sir! I just wondered since he had said that he would be making a decision on the case on the Friday of that week". Then he said, "You need to make an inquiry only after May 20". I said, "Copied, sir! Thank you". That was my horrible InfoPass matinee! If God could just make an end to this psychological torture...

KatLovM

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just FYI:

With an InfoPass today, I went to my District Office to find out about the status of my case. The officer, who assisted me, checked if any decision was entered into the system & astonishely asked me if I already had an interview. I said yes and provided him the interview results form. He took the sheet & said, "I'm going to find out the situation on the application". He left & showed up five minutes later & told me he could not see the officer because he was on the phase of an interview. He could not interrupt him. He made a copy of the result sheet & then told me he would leave a note for the interviewer officer to look into it. He suddenly prompted the vibe saying "you should not be making inquiring about this case until if you do not hear from us for over 120 days". I said "OK, sir! I just wondered since he had said that he would be making a decision on the case on the Friday of that week". Then he said, "You need to make an inquiry only after May 20". I said, "Copied, sir! Thank you". That was my horrible InfoPass matinee! If God could just make an end to this psychological torture...

KatLovM

Probably it's time to contact your congressman!

What a load of bull kaka!!! They play those mind games with people, I don't understand why it would be a problem to go inquire about your case. That totally upsets me, that they would say that to you. Kat you should have told them that they shouldn't be telling people they will hear back by next Friday. The gaul of him to say that ####### to you. I don't put up with ####### like that. They are not doing us any favors by giving us our citizenship, we earned it, we played by the rules, we paid for it. They need to treat us with a little respect and diginity. Like moon stated. Call your congressman and find out what the heck is going on with your file.

My Citizenship Timeline

Service Center : Nebraska

CIS Office : St Paul, MN

Date Filed : 2008-07-31

NOA Date : 2008-08-06

Bio.Rcvd Date : 2008-08-15

Bio. Appt. : 2008-08-28

Interview Date : 2008-12-08

Approved : YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Final Approval 2009-03-16!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!File is in line for Oath Schedule

Oath Letter Rcvd: 2009-04-03

Oath Ceremony : 2009-04-30

Total Time So Far: 9 months, 0 days ..WooHoo!!!!!!!! Can You Hear The Sarcasm =)

I AM NOW A US CITIZEN!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Singapore
Timeline
Interview was a success! The hub was scheduled for 9:30 but didn't end up getting in until around 10:15. The Fargo office is very small, and there was only one officer conducting interviews. And she kept being interupted by people walking in with one random question after another - even though it was clearly evident these people did not have appointments...it was rather shocking to see just how ill informed people are with the immigration process. We also had one minor glitch in that they made us go upstairs to the IRS and have them verify that we did not owe anything on our taxes. I assumed this was due to an error the IRS made a couple years back in which they took it upon themselves to credit the check sent with our taxes to the next years taxes. Gotta love it.

Now we are waiting on notification of the Oath ceremony, which we were advised might not be until February.

Name...........Sent.........NOA1......Biometrics...Interview..Oath....USCIS Office

royjmcclymont......06/12........06/16......07/10.......10/29......10/29...Atlanta, GA (TSC)

moonhunt...........06/19........07/05......07/24.......09/16......10/30...Milwaukee, WI (NSC)

asiz2002 ..........06/26........07/03......07/15.......10/21......10/21...Washington DC (VSC)

ILLEGAL_ALIENS.....06/27........07/10......07/25.......09/24......10/09...Chicago, IL (NSC)

jsassman...........07/02........07/03......07/31.......10/30......xx/xx...Omaha, NE (NSC)

pkmk...............07/05........07/15......07/29.......09/23......10/07...Chicago , IL (NSC)

Mr Zee.............07/05........07/15......07/29.......09/23......11/14...Chicago , IL (NSC)

nikola&kate .......07/05........07/18......08/02.......10/22......11/12...Boston, MA (VSC)

NYC_Prospect.......07/07........07/21......08/05.......11/25......xx/xx...NYC, NY (VSC)

yandresyuk.........07/09........07/19......07/26.......10/22......10/22...Washington, DC

atlanta123.........07/10........07/14......08/08.......11/25......xx/xx...Atlanta, GA (TSC)

2bornot2b..........07/10........07/15......08/09.......xx/xx......xx/xx...Hartford, CT (VSC)

sirch320...........07/10........07/16......08/01.......11/17......xx/xx...Los Angeles, CA (CSC)

rezrez.............07/14........07/24......08/12.......11/12......11/12...Baltimore, MD (VSC)

rclouse............07/14........07/15......08/19.......11/18......xx/xx...Santa Ana, CA (CSC)

FVA................07/17........07/21......08/14.......10/20......11/12...Denver, CO (NSC)

Lyuba..............07/17........07/24......08/14.......11/19......xx/xx...St. Louis (NSC)

griffin............07/19........07/21......08/14.......11/17......xx/xx...Detroit, MI (NSC)

KatlvoM............07/21........07/26......08/13.......xx/xx......xx/xx...Columbus SC (TSC)

SamFam.............07/22........07/31......08/18.......11/14......xx/xx...St. Paul, MN (NSC)

paulaclk...........07/23........08/04......08/22.......11/12......11/20...Raleigh/Durham, NC (TSC)

NYCGAL.............07/25........08/09......08/25.......12/11......xx/xx...NYC, NY (VSC)

Kyngsilva..........07/31........08/06......08/28.......12/08......xx/xx...St. Paul, MN (NSC)

You mean they have electronic access to your tax info??

Filed: Country: Gabon
Timeline
What a load of bull kaka!!! They play those mind games with people, I don't understand why it would be a problem to go inquire about your case. That totally upsets me, that they would say that to you. Kat you should have told them that they shouldn't be telling people they will hear back by next Friday. The gaul of him to say that ####### to you. I don't put up with ####### like that. They are not doing us any favors by giving us our citizenship, we earned it, we played by the rules, we paid for it. They need to treat us with a little respect and diginity. Like moon stated. Call your congressman and find out what the heck is going on with your file.

Guys,

I understand your reactions. I've already started making queries to find out what are my best options right now. I will keep you posted. Thanks so much for your support.

KatLovM

Good luck Kat.

My Citizenship Timeline

Approved : YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Final Approval 2009-03-16!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!File is in line for Oath Schedule

Total Time So Far: 9 months, 0 days ..WooHoo!!!!!!!! Can You Hear The Sarcasm =)

Tomorrow DutchinCT and 2bornot2b will have oath ceremony.

I hope best luck for them. :dance::dance::dance:

If there is no further update such as KatLovM/KyngSilva receiving Oath Letter,

it will be last event for 2009 Feb.

I wish we can start March with nice weather and good news from KatLovM and KyngSilva regarding Oath Letter. :whistle:

6 months and 19 days ......blah...

My Citizenship Timeline

6 months and 19 days ......blah...

KyngSilva, don't be upset!

Your good news may come to you with nice spring weather without you noticing.

When you don't need to worry about shoveling the snow, it may come with post-man ringing the bell twice. :whistle:

Did you watch "The Postman Always Rings Twice" movie ? :star:

So far, 25 people registered for 2008 July filers' list.

As of today, 23 people became US citizen.

It is 92% from all applicants registered. :whistle:

If we have KyngSilva and KatLovM done for oath, we can close this thread finally.

So far, here are statistics for average.

Days from mailing date to NOA1 : 8 days

Days from NOA1 to biometric : 19 days

Days from Biometric to Initial Interview : 102 days

Days from initail interview to Oath Ceremony : 29 days

Days from mailing date to interview : 129 days

Days from mailing date to Oath Ceremony : 156 days

Days from NOA1 to initial interview : 121 days

Days from NOA1 to Oath Ceremony : 148 days

*note: Above dates are averages for 2008 July filers, who completes each phases. Days includes weekends and holidays.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Completed my Oath Ceremony on Friday. It was a pretty small group. Only 62 of us taking the Oath and coming from about 30 countries.

I do not know how DutchInCT looks like even though I know he or she would be in that same room.

Good luck to KyngSilva and KatLovM on getting their oath letters soon.

Thank you MoonHunt for keeping this little group of July Filers all updated and being our fearless leader.

Now on to the next step........................ getting my passport.

PS. Quick question for those who has the certificate. Did they make you sign the certificate during the Oath Ceremony? I have my certificate with me but it is not signed yet.

Says complete and full signature? I read somewhere that the signature has to be the same as the one on that picture (on the certificate) but the USCIS interviewer asked me to just sign my usual scribbly signature on the photo. So do I sign my full name on the certificate even though it will not look the same as the one on the photo.

Congratulations!

For Passport, in my case, it took only 6 days even if I use regular service.

For signature part, I got the certificate of naturalization without signature.

USCIS distributed another paper with instructions how to sign it.

Without signature, it is NOT valid.

I think according to instructions, you should sign fullname similar to one you did for photo.

For your reference, here is some info from the Internet.

http://www.newcitizen.us/after.html

Edited by moonhunt

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Congratulations!

For Passport, in my case, it took only 6 days even if I use regular service.

For signature part, I got the certificate of naturalization without signature.

USCIS distributed another paper with instructions how to sign it.

Without signature, it is NOT valid.

I think according to instructions, you should sign fullname similar to one you did for photo.

For your reference, here is some info from the Internet.

http://www.newcitizen.us/after.html

The signature on my photo is my regular signature, not full name!!! I asked the interviewer but he says to sign the normal signature not the full name. Sigh..... But when it comes to the part of the form he needs my FULL signature during the interview process he did say Full Name, Cursive or printed.

Now my full signature on the certificate will not be the same as on the photo. Hmmmm.

The signature on my photo is my regular signature, not full name!!! I asked the interviewer but he says to sign the normal signature not the full name. Sigh..... But when it comes to the part of the form he needs my FULL signature during the interview process he did say Full Name, Cursive or printed.

Now my full signature on the certificate will not be the same as on the photo. Hmmmm.

It may be issue, or may be not.

Since the certificate of naturalization will be used very rare, it shouldn't be a problem except post office and Dept. of State Passport application center.

If the US post office and Dept. of State Passport Application Center has no problem, then chances are very slim for occasion you have to use your the certificate of naturalization.

You can use your US Passport book for DMV, SSA, and other purpose.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

And now we are just waiting for 2 more oath letters. Spring is almost here! :star:

Drew (St. Louis, MO) + Lyuba (Moscow, Russia)

December 1, 2003 - met and fell in love in Moscow, Russia

K-1

June 24, 2004 - NOA1

September 14, 2004 - NOA2

December 2, 2004 - Interview

December 24, 2004 - Arrival to the USA

January 14, 2005 - Wedding

AOS

January 25, 2005 - applied for AOS, EAD and AP in person

June 29, 2005 - AOS interview

August 8, 2005 - Green card arrived

Lifting of conditions

April 17, 2007 - NOA1 (extension letter)

April 2, 2008 - case transferred to CSC

May 8, 2008 - 10 year Green card arrived

Naturalization

July 24, 2008 - NOA1

November 19, 2008 - Interview

January 9, 2009 - Oath

January 17, 2009 - applied for US passport

January 26, 2009 - US passport arrived

DONE WITH IMMIGRATION

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.