doodlebugg

ramadan and hajj stuffs

147 posts in this topic

here's what I know. If you are unable to fast at all...then you can feed a needy family every day of Ramadan or pay to charity a certain amt (if someone could look the amount up it would help a lot) and you are clear. The same also goes for Pregnant women. Anybody can do the charity form and be "ok" but its better to fast if u are well enough to.

I hope that helps.

Also.. My husband said that its ok to touch as long as it is not touches that cause intimate feelings.

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
here's what I know. If you are unable to fast at all...then you can feed a needy family every day of Ramadan or pay to charity a certain amt (if someone could look the amount up it would help a lot) and you are clear. The same also goes for Pregnant women. Anybody can do the charity form and be "ok" but its better to fast if u are well enough to.

I hope that helps.

Also.. My husband said that its ok to touch as long as it is not touches that cause intimate feelings.

On the touching thing - so as long as it doesn't make you want to jump in the sack it would be okay? :lol:

Seriously though, I think it would be okay just make wudu like normal before prayer. I wouldn't worry about it cancelling out your fast since it doesn't if you have to shake hands for work or touch a friend (in a normal way people :bonk: )

يَايُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءامَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَوةِ اِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّبِرِينَ

“O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient. (Al-Baqarah 2:153 )”

I hope that helps.

On the touching thing - so as long as it doesn't make you want to jump in the sack it would be okay? :lol:

Seriously though, I think it would be okay just make wudu like normal before prayer. I wouldn't worry about it cancelling out your fast since it doesn't if you have to shake hands for work or touch a friend (in a normal way people :bonk: )

yup, that's exactly right. No long sentuous massages, no nothing like that. but a normal hug hello or handshake is permitted. We don't kiss coz it's too risky (for him). Regular wudu is just fine before prayer. :dance:

Interview-December 2005

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Timeline

I hope that helps.

yup, that's exactly right. No long sentuous massages, no nothing like that. but a normal hug hello or handshake is permitted. We don't kiss coz it's too risky (for him). Regular wudu is just fine before prayer. :dance:

well #######!!! We'll have to just stay in separate rooms during daylight 'cause most of the time it's just looking at each other that sets us off!! lol

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

I hope that helps.

well #######!!! We'll have to just stay in separate rooms during daylight 'cause most of the time it's just looking at each other that sets us off!! lol

:lol:

Interview-December 2005

Ramadan is approx 8 weeks away.

:o wow where did the time go?

Isn't there also a rule that if you have an Israeli stamp in your passport you can't go to hajj?

jJ

some Muslim countries do give you a hard time at the border with an Israeli visa, but to go to Hajj, you will need to obtain permission from SA and the SA visa for this purpose. Don;t forget there are Israeli Muslims who go to Hajj on their Israeli passports.

ok... ladies and gentleman.. question. This is my first Ramadan after my shahada.... I know there is no eating or drinking after sun rise and before sun set but I also just read that here is sexual abstinance.... did I read that right??? or is it only during sun rise and sun set?

Fasting is indeed more than just abstaining from food and drink- also includes sex, smoking, etc. but only durign the fasting hours. And a small correction- (not sure if you meant literally sunrise) -- fasting begins at dawn which means up to a half hour or more fasting time (depending on where you live) than if you begin at sunrise.

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline
Do we really need like some actual concrete evidence on this? I mean it just makes no sense to me. Alllah does not want to harm us, fasting is supposed to give you a closer connection to Allah but if you're suffering through it physically then what is the point? What does your doctor say polarbear? I would go with their advice.

ETA: Straight from the Qu'ran

[2:184] Specific days (are designated for fasting); if one is ill or traveling, an equal number of other days may be substituted. Those who can fast, but with great difficulty, may substitute feeding one poor person for each day of breaking the fast. If one volunteers (more righteous works), it is better. But fasting is the best for you, if you only knew.

[2:185] ..... Those who are ill or traveling may substitute the same number of other days. GOD wishes for you convenience, not hardship, that you may fulfill your obligations, and to glorify GOD for guiding you, and to express your appreciation.

It's newly diagnosed and with some complications. They're still working on a treatment plan and I have another apointment Friday and will have the results of some tests. I will ask then.

We'll see what the doctor says, but for now I'll just plan on fasting and stop for a few days if I am not feeling well. Normally during Ramadan I feed the homeless downtown with a group every Friday anyway, so maby that will count as feeding a poor person :star:

As I'm not a muslim, but a practicing Catholic, I don't know much on this subject...but we are famous for giving up meat on Fridays during Lent - and then giving up something that you love for the entire 40 days of Lent. With meat, you would actually be surprised how much this affects you when you can't eat it. Furthermore, seems like you never want meat as bad as you do on Friday when you know you can't have it. But, in our world, if you have a medical condition, which I do, you basically have a dispensation to not have to practice that ritual. I would suggest that you seek your Imam's advice, but also maybe come up with something...like if you love chocolate, or whatever guilty pleasure, give it up during Ramadan. You will find that doing something as small as that can be a genuine demonstration to Allah of your devotion to him.

Good luck - the Lord will help you figure out what is best for you. :thumbs:

Edited by Staashi

Do we really need like some actual concrete evidence on this? I mean it just makes no sense to me. Alllah does not want to harm us, fasting is supposed to give you a closer connection to Allah but if you're suffering through it physically then what is the point? What does your doctor say polarbear? I would go with their advice.

ETA: Straight from the Qu'ran

[2:184] Specific days (are designated for fasting); if one is ill or traveling, an equal number of other days may be substituted. Those who can fast, but with great difficulty, may substitute feeding one poor person for each day of breaking the fast. If one volunteers (more righteous works), it is better. But fasting is the best for you, if you only knew.

[2:185] ..... Those who are ill or traveling may substitute the same number of other days. GOD wishes for you convenience, not hardship, that you may fulfill your obligations, and to glorify GOD for guiding you, and to express your appreciation.

It's newly diagnosed and with some complications. They're still working on a treatment plan and I have another apointment Friday and will have the results of some tests. I will ask then.

We'll see what the doctor says, but for now I'll just plan on fasting and stop for a few days if I am not feeling well. Normally during Ramadan I feed the homeless downtown with a group every Friday anyway, so maby that will count as feeding a poor person :star:

As I'm not a muslim, but a practicing Catholic, I don't know much on this subject...but we are famous for giving up meat on Fridays during Lent - and then giving up something that you love for the entire 40 days of Lent. With meat, you would actually be surprised how much this affects you when you can't eat it. Furthermore, seems like you never want meat as bad as you do on Friday when you know you can't have it. But, in our world, if you have a medical condition, which I do, you basically have a dispensation to not have to practice that ritual. I would suggest that you seek your oman's advice, but also maybe come up with something...like if you love chocolate, or whatever guilty pleasure, give it up during Ramadan. You will find that doing something as small as that can be a genuine demonstration to Allah of your devotion to him.

Good luck - the Lord will help you figure out what is best for you. :thumbs:

I wish it were that easy. In Ramadan, if we break fast at all it discounts the fasting PERIOD. That is the bad thing about it. No water, no food, no intimacy. Total abstaining from EVERYTHING or don't fast at all. That is why some ppl opt to give to the poor rather than fast. I may do that this year coz I just can't last without water. Food isn't so bad but I have to deal with the public and can't do my job and have horse breath at the same time. :unsure:

Interview-December 2005

Bridget, when my husband told me Ramadan was so close I almost heard him with disbelief. Ya it is coming up and we have plans for going there. It is definately an experience anyone who wishes to fulfill the wishes of Allah should fulfill. We will start a savings too, exclusively for that. I know that if you have a goal, God will take you there so Insha-Allah within several years we will go to hajj.

AP: Over 1 year.

Visa: Nov 2

US Entry: Nov 13, Alhamdulillah.

BelieveButterflyfortile.jpgPrayerisPower_Cover.jpghello.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

About the intimacy, I came to see my husband three days before Ramadan was over last year. During the day we would hug, but we were careful. We also would hold hands when we went out in Damascus. No Haram police (not literally but figuratively) came and got onto us for it, so holding hands should be fine.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
a Hajj CD would really be clever, although considering muslims dont accept earning interest, i doubt that would ever work...

Sofyan went to saudia for Hajj when he was 14...back then he was very religious...i dont know what happened...I hope he is a good example this Ramadan and fasts, now that we have a son, there is others to think about...

8 weeks til Ramadan? that cant be right?? people will be fasting til 8pm...

Maybe in Chicago...Michigan might be closer to 9. Just wait until next year....it could be from 5 am to 930 pm. Glad I'm on the eastern part of the eastern time zone...but Sun comes up now before 5 I think (never up that early to find out LOL).

Isn't there also a rule that if you have an Israeli stamp in your passport you can't go to hajj?

jJ

I think you are right jJ. I think for Syria if you have an Israeli stamp in your passport they won't let you in period.

jJ

I think a lot of times when people go to Israel and they know they're going to a muslim country they will have the stamp put on a separate piece of paper right? I think I remember WOM saying something like that but I could be wrong.

I think you are correct...kinda like USC and Cuba if I am not mistaken.

"Haters are confused admirers, they can’t be or figure you out so negativity comes out [their] mouth.”

-Chad Ochocinco "85" - WR Cincinnati Bengals

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Here's some Fajr/Maghrib times for Ramadan, though of course the start date could change depending on moon sighting conditions I guess. I hope this is right 'cause it's kind of doable though I'm NOT looking forward to waking up before fajr. Looks like we start off fasting from 4:49am until 7:18pm and end with 5:24am to 6:27pm.

http://www.islamicfinder.org/prayerPrintab...ay=MA〈=

Day Ramadan Gregorian Fajr Maghrib

Mon 1 1/9 4:49 7:18

Tue 2 2/9 4:51 7:16

Fri 26 26/9 5:20 6:34

Sat 27 27/9 5:21 6:32

Sun 28 28/9 5:22 6:30

Mon 29 29/9 5:23 6:28

Tue 30 30/9 5:24 6:27

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

When I checked last I remember Maghreb was after 8. Going to look again...

This site is not correct as far as I can tell: http://www.guidedways.com/prayertimes/pray...de--71.0605.htm

Ugh! Now I'm even more confused. I'm thinking the 7p.m. times don't reflect daylight savings. We don't change the clocks back until end of October, so I think the 8p.m. times are right?

Edited by Jenn!

Phew!

This site is not correct as far as I can tell: http://www.guidedways.com/prayertimes/pray...de--71.0605.htm

In Houston our first week fasting beigns about a quarter to 6am and we break fast about 7.40pm and the days getting a couple of minutes shorter each day as we go along! By the end of Ramadan we are fasting 6.10am to 7.10pm.

ETA: I can't believe there is that much difference in daylight between Houston and Boston!

Edited by mybackpages

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Timeline

Ugh! Now I'm even more confused. I'm thinking the 7p.m. times don't reflect daylight savings. We don't change the clocks back until end of October, so I think the 8p.m. times are right?

That is the July schedule. I believe Ramadan is scheduled to start maybe Sep 1. If you change the dates the times line up with what mine had I think.

Day Hijri Gregorian Fajr

(Suhoor Ends) Sunrise Dhuhr Asr Maghrib

(Iftaar) Isha

Mon 1/9 01 4:48 AM 6:09 AM 12:45 PM 5:25 PM 7:21 PM 8:43 PM

Tue 2/9 02 4:49 AM 6:10 AM 12:45 PM 5:24 PM 7:19 PM 8:41 PM

Wed 3/9 03 4:51 AM 6:11 AM 12:45 PM 5:22 PM 7:18 PM 8:39 PM

Thu 4/9 04 4:52 AM 6:12 AM 12:44 PM 5:21 PM 7:16 PM 8:37 PM

Fri 5/9 05 4:53 AM 6:13 AM 12:44 PM 5:20 PM 7:14 PM 8:35 PM

Sat 6/9 06 4:55 AM 6:14 AM 12:44 PM 5:18 PM 7:13 PM 8:33 PM

Sun 7/9 07 4:56 AM 6:15 AM 12:43 PM 5:17 PM 7:11 PM 8:31 PM

Mon 8/9 08 4:57 AM 6:16 AM 12:43 PM 5:16 PM 7:09 PM 8:29 PM

Tue 9/9 09 4:58 AM 6:17 AM 12:43 PM 5:14 PM 7:07 PM 8:27 PM

Wed 10/9 10 5:00 AM 6:18 AM 12:42 PM 5:13 PM 7:06 PM 8:25 PM

Thu 11/9 11 5:01 AM 6:19 AM 12:42 PM 5:11 PM 7:04 PM 8:23 PM

Fri 12/9 12 5:02 AM 6:20 AM 12:42 PM 5:10 PM 7:02 PM 8:21 PM

Sat 13/9 13 5:03 AM 6:21 AM 12:41 PM 5:08 PM 7:00 PM 8:19 PM

Sun 14/9 14 5:05 AM 6:22 AM 12:41 PM 5:07 PM 6:59 PM 8:17 PM

Mon 15/9 15 5:06 AM 6:23 AM 12:41 PM 5:06 PM 6:57 PM 8:15 PM

Tue 16/9 16 5:07 AM 6:24 AM 12:40 PM 5:04 PM 6:55 PM 8:13 PM

Wed 17/9 17 5:08 AM 6:25 AM 12:40 PM 5:03 PM 6:53 PM 8:12 PM

Thu 18/9 18 5:09 AM 6:27 AM 12:40 PM 5:01 PM 6:52 PM 8:10 PM

Fri 19/9 19 5:11 AM 6:28 AM 12:39 PM 5:00 PM 6:50 PM 8:08 PM

Sat 20/9 20 5:12 AM 6:29 AM 12:39 PM 4:58 PM 6:48 PM 8:06 PM

Sun 21/9 21 5:13 AM 6:30 AM 12:39 PM 4:57 PM 6:46 PM 8:04 PM

Mon 22/9 22 5:14 AM 6:31 AM 12:38 PM 4:55 PM 6:44 PM 8:02 PM

Tue 23/9 23 5:15 AM 6:32 AM 12:38 PM 4:54 PM 6:43 PM 8:00 PM

Wed 24/9 24 5:17 AM 6:33 AM 12:37 PM 4:52 PM 6:41 PM 7:58 PM

Thu 25/9 25 5:18 AM 6:34 AM 12:37 PM 4:51 PM 6:39 PM 7:57 PM

Fri 26/9 26 5:19 AM 6:35 AM 12:37 PM 4:49 PM 6:37 PM 7:55 PM

Sat 27/9 27 5:20 AM 6:36 AM 12:36 PM 4:48 PM 6:36 PM 7:53 PM

Sun 28/9 28 5:21 AM 6:37 AM 12:36 PM 4:46 PM 6:34 PM 7:51 PM

Mon 29/9 29 5:22 AM 6:38 AM 12:36 PM 4:45 PM 6:32 PM 7:49 PM

Tue 30/9 30 5:23 AM 6:39 AM 12:35 PM 4:43 PM 6:30 PM 7:47 PM

www.GuidedWays.com

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.