Nicola&Matthew

Getting a kitten today!!!

24 posts in this topic

We want pictures!!!!!!!!!! :D :D (L) I love kitties!!

#######, I totally forgot to take pictures of Peyton for you, Tracy! And I was at our friends' apartment two weekends ago !!!!!!! Urgh.

whip.gif

:lol:

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Other Timeline

Congratulations on your new baby!! :luv:

We're up to three pets now in a little 2-bedroom house. :blink: We've had major animal drama: our cat Jezebel hates our kitten George, but George loves our puppy Panda and so they run around like maniacs destroying our house! Ahhhhhh! But we love them all anyway. :)

George is now about 3 months old. It took him about a month to truly understand that the litterbox is his toilet. We were using Feline Pine, but he didn't seem to like it so we switched to Schweat Scoop. Both cats love it, and we love it because it's natural (much better for the environment and your kitty's overall health), low-dust, and flushable! We still sometimes catch him scratching around in our closet where he once pooped on my wedding dress. :crying:

Definitley give her some time alone to feel the place out. Let her adopt you guys, not the other way around. Kitty crack Catnip is your friend. I don't waste my time with expensive catnip toys though...I buy some dried catnip, put it in an old sock, and knot the top. My cats go absolutley insane for it, and it puts even mean ol' Jezebel in a good mood.

As for food? http://www.catnutrition.org/ I recommend all cat lovers check out that website. :yes:

Congrats again and good luck! :D

Edited by jelti

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We use "worlds best cat litter" natural and flushable!! Also fee a high quality feed--Fellidae. You wil find that the high quality feed is around the same price as the cheap unhealthy feed. Of course the better feed will be better for ur cat, which should result in less visits to the vet and less stinky stool. rarely smell Bella!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

he once pooped on my wedding dress.

Oh my god! I would have been crying and laughing so hard at the same time... :no:

Thanks once again to everyone for your tips and tricks! We have the same litter and food that the shelter uses so that shouldn't shock her too much! I've picked up my last minute stuff for kitty and am patiently waiting for hubby to get home from work to take us to the shelter!!! Only 45 mins to go!!! yay!!! :D

-10/02/06 The beginning of the rest of our lives together!!!

-11/03/06 Our wedding day!!!

AOS Timeline

-03/05/06 NOA 1 For AOS, EAD & AP

-13/05/06 All applications touched

-05/06/06 Letter recieved from USCIS Appointment date set for Biometrics

-21/06/06 Biometrics apptointment

-24/06/06 EAD and AOS Touched

-29/06/06 AP e-mail approval

-02/07/06 EAD Touched

-03/07/06 EAD e-mail approval (61 days)

-08/07/06 Recived AP doccuments

-10/07/06 EAD Arrives!!! Hooray

-15/07/06 USCIS letter recieved for AOS interview date

-22/08/06 AOS interview

-22/08/06 AOS Approved at interview (111 days)

-22/08/06 E-mails from USCIS Confirming AOS approval

-02/09/06 Condtional green card recieved in the mail!!!

-28/05/08 Mailed I-175 Petition to remove conditions

-02/06/08 Application recieved at CA!

-27/06/08 Biometrics

-15/08/08 Green Card recieved, good till 2018!!!

Note: Dates are in UK format because I'm (still) stubborn!!!

Pamper her rotten :P Congratulations :luv:

3dflags_fin0001-0001a.gifSanna and Daniel's journey3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

December 13, 2007 - I-751 submitted to NSC (removing of conditions fun begins...)

December 22 - Received a rejection notice because the form was not "properly signed". Package itself was not returned.

January 1, 2008 - Received packet back from CSC. They are requesting we resubmit the packet (which is already organized by CSC) with a properly signed form.

January 2 - Packet resubmitted to California.

January 12 - NOA1 received (dated 01/07/2008)

January 19 - Biometrics appointment notice received (dated 01/15/2008)

February 1 - Biometrics

March 11 - Approved! Card production ordered (notified via e-mail).

March 20, 2008 - New card arrived in the mail :)

Done until 2018 :)

For more details including K1 and AOS journies check out "Our story" in my profile =)

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Boy! Does anyone recall the time I discussed kittens on here and spent the rest of the discussion seeking my asbestos suit? :lol:

Congrats on the kitten. I can't really give much advice on integration since we are net producers of kittens. Just gave the last of four away to a new home today, in fact. Yes, we tried to get our "serial mom" cat fixed, but when we tried, well, she was pregnant again :wacko:

The initial mystery that attends any journey is: how did the traveller reach his starting point in the first place?

---Louise Bogan, Journey Around my Room

If you don't have other pets, my guess is that she'll figure out how to introduce herself to the house! The baby gate idea is a good idea for a bit.

Cats are easy if there're no existing pets, generally speaking I'd say stick her somewhere where she knows where the food, water and litter are, and hang out somewhere nearby-ish without paying her any attention, and she'll come out looking for you.

I totally, 100% recommend Blue Buffalo's pet food (http://www.bluebuff.com). They sell it at PetSmart. I scoffed at first, but we got a coupon for a free sample, and ... well, I have an 8-year-old cat who's as soft as a bunny and as active as a kitten, and it's all due to the food. Totally worth the money. (The idea is that all the ingredients are people-grade, instead of meat by-products they use FDA-approved-for-human-consumption chicken, etc.) Our cats are the happiest, healthiest, shiniest, softest-furrest, and most active I've ever owned, and I'll never switch their food back.

Bethany (NJ, USA) & Gareth (Scotland, UK)

-----------------------------------------------

01 Nov 2007: N-400 FedEx'd to TSC

05 Nov 2007: NOA-1 Date

28 Dec 2007: Check cashed

05 Jan 2008: NOA-1 Received

02 Feb 2008: Biometrics notice received

23 Feb 2008: Biometrics at Albuquerque ASC

12 Jun 2008: Interview letter received

12 Aug 2008: Interview at Albuquerque DO--PASSED!

15 Aug 2008: Oath Ceremony

-----------------------------------------------

Any information, opinions, etc., given by me are based entirely on personal experience, observations, research common sense, and an insanely accurate memory; and are not in any way meant to constitute (1) legal advice nor (2) the official policies/advice of my employer.

kittens are bring out the best in good people

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835