45 posts in this topic

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Timeline

God help me I swear when it rains it pours. One of the "good ole boys" just did a whole 2 or 3 day stint in Iraq and busy bragging to his buddies. He was going on about how "those people" stink because they don't bathe and one of the "girlies" from accounting swished by and announced "I know! They don't even use toilet paper!" Everyone chimes in "Ewwww gross!" I was so aghast I was speechless. Now this should come as no surprise to me. It's quite fashionable bigotry these days. But the level of stupidity of the human race sometimes just catches me off guard. My temper went so hot and so fast, even though I could have used the opportunity to educate them on the TRUTH, I had to move away quickly or I would most likely be without a job right now. Needless to say, I'm so angry I'm shaking and my view of some of the people I work with just fell through the floor. :angry:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
God help me I swear when it rains it pours. One of the "good ole boys" just did a whole 2 or 3 day stint in Iraq and busy bragging to his buddies. He was going on about how "those people" stink because they don't bathe and one of the "girlies" from accounting swished by and announced "I know! They don't even use toilet paper!" Everyone chimes in "Ewwww gross!" I was so aghast I was speechless. Now this should come as no surprise to me. It's quite fashionable bigotry these days. But the level of stupidity of the human race sometimes just catches me off guard. My temper went so hot and so fast, even though I could have used the opportunity to educate them on the TRUTH, I had to move away quickly or I would most likely be without a job right now. Needless to say, I'm so angry I'm shaking and my view of some of the people I work with just fell through the floor. :angry:

OMG. What type of place do you work at? And where are you from again?

I find that absolutely appalling, and I'm so glad no one I've personally been in contact with has ever expressed anything similar to that.

Did you say something? I would have reamed them ALL out.

:ranting:

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

some people are so ignorant.

Ok let me tell you a story a couple of nurses I work with told me. One of them had her husband go to iraq and another one was in the national guard. Ok they both told me that the army told them that guys from the middle east who are not married are free to engage in sex with other guys..hahaha. I was like what the hell who told you that?? The other thing was the use of the water hose to clean themselves..since I work with other nurses they all thought that was very sanitary and was it's like taking a little shower every time you use the bathroom only thing they laughed about is dripping dry.

You hear some weird sh*t about the middle east from people who never been there or who just hear things. sometimes you can sit them right about it and other times you just have to ignore them.

It's really eye-opening isn't it? This from a country that prides itself on being so "modern". I work for a construction company in Kentucky. I could say more but I just cannot lower myself to the same level.

I WANTED to say something, I am just choosing my moment very carefully. If I had responded in the heat of my anger, I would be unemployed. I want my husband here, so I can't risk my job. But I will do all I can to protect him from this kind of idiocy. I faced it in Egypt too. The things they about Americans and "westerners" can be likewise as idiotic.

Guys, I can't bear this kind of thing. It hurts me so deeply on some level, and I know I should take it personally... but the absolute sheer STUPIDITY makes me want to vomit!

Like I said, I am in too much pain and too physically tired today to handle my emotions, but I can say that I will hard pressed to converse with little miss swishy from accounting.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Girl, I dont blame you for being angry. Some people are so ignorant. They just dont get it, so dont even try to explain it to them. About his little stint in Iraq. He was probably around some really poor people that live in a really rural areas with no running water. If he lived that way in the USA, he might smell a little too. And I was a little worried about the no toilet paper thing. I actually asked hachemi to go buy some for me while I was there and he kept me in toilet paper the whole time. He explained to me about not using toilet paper, and actually you get cleaner by using the water. Sort of made sense after you think about it. But I wanted to be dry after so I dryed with a little TP :lol: Dont mind to those people. Just think about your loving fiance that you have in your life and how these people will see how wonderfully in love you are when he gets to the USA. That is how you will show them. :thumbs:

LB, time is getting near. Breath in, breath out. Close your eyes. Go to your "calming place". :lol:

Rahma, I do hope you get to feeling better. (F)

kml_36, Hope you get your call soon! :yes:

Jenn, I will start singing for you. :whistle: Rain, Rain go away!!!!!

Everyone, have a great week!

I am waiting for my petition to be sent to Algiers from NVC. What really makes me angry is that I received a letter from NVC dated May 1st that within the week they are sending my petition to Algiers. Well, friday I called and they told me it has not been sent yet. I told them about the letter, they said, "Yes but we have not finished processing it." As soon as we are finished it will be sent. Well dang, dont send a letter saying within the week, and get my hopes up. Anyway, this weekend I cleaned out my dresser, and a big closet in the hallway, in anticipation for Hachemi needing a place to put his things. I am getting ready for him, helps me pass the time.

Meriem (F)

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
. He was going on about how "those people" stink because they don't bathe and one of the "girlies" from accounting swished by and announced "I know! They don't even use toilet paper!" Everyone chimes in "Ewwww gross!"

:ranting: Umm, yeah, people living in abject poverty in the heat of the middle east probably have lots of spare time and money to take showers 3 times a day to not sweat :wacko:

Plus, dude, most of the world doesn't use freakin toilet paper. Did they see a lot of trees there? Trees that could be used to make toilet paper? Besides, bidets are the way of the future. Now excuse me for gettin a little graphic here, but what's cleaner, washing with water or smearing stuff around with paper? I usually use toilet paper, because that's what's readily available here, but bidets are quite cleanly and leaves one feeling free and clean.

b@stards.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Jean... bless your heart!

wow!

Thankfully, I don't work with idiots like that...

But, if I were you... I would make up a sign to hang on my memo board... with a funny pic... and the caption... I WORK WITH IDIOTS!!!

that way... you can still rebel... without saying a word...

at least until the time is right...

Lynne

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
I just need to go home and have a good cry with my lunch. Maybe then I'll feel better. Everything is just going wrong today.

*hugs*

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline
Now excuse me for gettin a little graphic here, but what's cleaner, washing with water or smearing stuff around with paper? I usually use toilet paper, because that's what's readily available here, but bidets are quite cleanly and leaves one feeling free and clean.

4 real. :thumbs:

JW... you could innocently ask these people what they'd do if they somehow got sh!t on their hand (you know... changing diapers, changing the cat's litter pan, whatever) .... would they be content to just wipe it off with a piece of tissue, or would they insist on soap and water ??? Just smile sweetly as they think it over and slowly realize the ramifications.

Sure there are some ignorant people in the world, but we can always take the opportunity to spread a little knowledge.

"Each one teach one."

By the way I also require tissue paper in the bathroom, but (like most people) I use it for a lot more than its "intended" purpose.

Edited by wife_of_mahmoud

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Did I scare everyone off this thread? I didn't mean to! I cried all the way home at lunch and now I'm a good girl. I swear! *foams at the mouth and twitches*

Oh, when I got home I couldn't understand why my bunny hadn't finished his greens and his bit of banana (his favorite thing in the world). When I looked closer they were covered in ants. See? See how my day is going? I've lived there exactly 2 1/2 days now. Pfft. So I have to take my bunny to stay overnight elsewhere so that they can spray my brand new apartment tomorrow. And the air conditioner doesn't work. And the tub drain was clogged but I took care of that myself. I'M STILL SMILING... I SWEAR!

Other then that things are just peachy. *slaps at the invisible paper clip fairies stealing her supply*

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

They closed down our offices at 3 today due to the inclement weather. So I went grocery shopping and now am home. Feels weird to be home at 4:30, I usually don't get home till 6. Anyway, off to put groceries away and then do some studying.

Jean - I HATE ants, well really anything with 6 legs... That sucks big time.

Jenn, how are things there? I've had time to only catch a snippett of what's going on. Is everything ok there with you?

Ants... all I can say is :blink: You have no idea how ####### I am about keeping things clean. So something like this makes me CRAZY (ok crazIER).

Did I mention I miss Mohammed yet? BLAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Jordanian... are you still BLAHing too?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.