Jacob616

G-325A Photo

27 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

So, I took my photo for G-325A at home with my ditigal camer, and I printed it out in CVS to be cut into 2x2 size.

One thing I didn't do it to print out the photo in Glossy. Does it matter? I was doing some random reading and saw from a site that the photo need to be printed in Glossy. Is this true? Will there be any problem is my 2x2 photo wasn't printed in Glossy?

Thanks

So, I took my photo for G-325A at home with my ditigal camer, and I printed it out in CVS to be cut into 2x2 size.

One thing I didn't do it to print out the photo in Glossy. Does it matter? I was doing some random reading and saw from a site that the photo need to be printed in Glossy. Is this true? Will there be any problem is my 2x2 photo wasn't printed in Glossy?

Thanks

I suggest you do as instructed. Some forms don't even allow digital pics!

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

Thanks

The immigration folks will not accept digital photos to begin with.

It just isnt worth taking the risk of a RFE, you just never know how pedantic someone may choose to be. I can see how convenient it would be... but personally I would get the proper passport pics for peace of mind.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Thanks

incorrect!

Guidelines for Producing High Quality Photographs for U.S. Travel Documents

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Thanks

incorrect!

Guidelines for Producing High Quality Photographs for U.S. Travel Documents

That's nice :thumbs: ...and news to me.

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Filed: Timeline

I just took the photo using my digital camera (5.1 Mega Pixels) with a white wall background. I printed the photo out in CVS so the photo quality is no problem. I will then cut the photo into 2 x 2.

The only thing is the print I got from CVS is not on a glossy paper, it was on luster paper. There is no mention of what type of paper to use in the photo spec from the website. So I guess luster paper is fine, as long as the photo quality is high, correct?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline
I just took the photo using my digital camera (5.1 Mega Pixels) with a white wall background. I printed the photo out in CVS so the photo quality is no problem. I will then cut the photo into 2 x 2.

The only thing is the print I got from CVS is not on a glossy paper, it was on luster paper. There is no mention of what type of paper to use in the photo spec from the website. So I guess luster paper is fine, as long as the photo quality is high, correct?

That is not the website of the USCIS -- refers only to visa and passport photos, not immigration documents. Better to be on the safe side...get them professionally made even at a CVS.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

Do you have AAA? They will do a picture pretty cheap. US Post Office will take them. The UPS store will take the pictures. Look in your yellow pages under photo developing... there are soooooooooooo many places that will do them for just a couple dollars.

Then you wont have to second guess yourself and you know it will be correct.

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

That is not the website of the USCIS -- refers only to visa and passport photos, not immigration documents. Better to be on the safe side...get them professionally made even at a CVS.

Go for it Jacob. :thumbs:

Those instructions in the link are the standard for the petition. That's why they say "passport style photos" and the State Department sets the standards for those.

My fiance took his own digital photo and printed copies at home following the guidelines in that link. They look better than my "real" passport photo. They have been used at USCIS, the medical in London and the Embassy with no problems. I'm sure you feel competent to do your own or you wouldn't have tried. Most passports photos are glossy, but it you read that whole link about standards and it didn't say glossy then I guess it doesn't matter.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Where can you get 2x2in photos done? I know my local photo booth won't do them.

In London near the Embassy in a pharmacy, some say inside the Embassy, a photo place on Oxford St.

London Packet 3 gives a list of about 12 places.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Where can you get 2x2in photos done? I know my local photo booth won't do them.

In London near the Embassy in a pharmacy, some say inside the Embassy, a photo place on Oxford St.

London Packet 3 gives a list of about 12 places.

Don't really fancy going all the way to London just for some photos. The list in Packet 3 won't help me as these photos are to be included with my I-129F.

Here's the list from UK packet 3. They're not all in London. Some in Scotland, Wales, Manchester. There's some websites that may show where they have other locations. Or take your own following the guidelines given in the link earlier.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.