GaryC

Lets collect some information about IMBRA effects

1,434 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Called USCIS again, and they still don't have my file back. I was told, however, that if thirty days goes by from the date it was sent back by the embassy and there's no sign of it, then they can take investigative action to see what has happened.

<sigh>

I think you should email NVC.

I think they will be able to check if your petition was sent from your Consulate and then fwd from them to VSC.

That´s how I got my answer.

I don´t know for sure, but maybe, the people in charge of answering emails are not the same ones who answer phone calls.

But I´d bet your case is back in Vermont.

I did that yesterday after you posted the address. I haven't heard back yet. I wish USCIS had email. I vastly prefer having things in writing; being able to quote those emails when on the phone seems to motivate people to do things at times.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
I called the number and followed the process this morning just to verify that I was contacting the Vermont Service Center --- When I got to the hold portion just after the full message of case status was given to me --- a recording stated these words --- "You have reached the Vermont Service Center" and then unlike the main 1-800 number on the USCIS website where they give you a waiting time --- I was almost immediately put through to a customer service center representative --- I told her my case number and that it was not outside of the 90 days that it states it should process but was wondering if she could tell me where it might be in the process --- She told me that it was in security checks right now and that if I did not hear anything within 7 to 14 days that I should call back --- now, call me optimistic, or gullible -- but I prefer to have some goodness settle in for the day instead of the comments of deflation that I so often here in response here --- in one of the previous responses, Aussie Wench added a link to a procedure that is from 2003 ... likely that has been altered a bit lately in light of all the immigration changes that occur daily and monthly --- I am holding onto some goodness since all I have had over the past several months is depressing, unencouraging news or lack there of...

So, Thanks again IGOR --- you made another day for me and my hubby!

Guys, is not that I don´t believe you. Not at all..

But I tried again and I can´t get through Vermont!!!!!

If anyone else get a hold on them, plz ask about the recalled petitions!

:)

Called USCIS again, and they still don't have my file back. I was told, however, that if thirty days goes by from the date it was sent back by the embassy and there's no sign of it, then they can take investigative action to see what has happened.

<sigh>

I think they will be able to check if your petition was sent from your Consulate and then fwd from them to VSC.

I don´t know for sure, but maybe, the people in charge of answering emails are not the same ones who answer phone calls.

I did that yesterday after you posted the address. I haven't heard back yet. I wish USCIS had email. I vastly prefer having things in writing; being able to quote those emails when on the phone seems to motivate people to do things at times.

I wish that too, but I think it´s clear why they don´t have it..

Let´s face it. They probably want to get rid of these petitions asap, but it´s a very comfortable situation they are in.

They made a mistake and they don´t tell us anything about it.

Not too bad, right?

It took NVC 5 days to answer my email. Don´t worry. You´ll get an answer soon.

Did you try contacting VSC by phone like Igor did? Maybe they will tell you what they are doing now.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I also used the instructions above, and spoke directly with Vermont. I believe that they are figuring out how they are going to procede with our petitions. Here are my thoughts, and this is only an opinion. I think they are running all of our petitions thru this security check. In the meantime they are developing the new I-129F and Pamphlets, and developing a system they will need to use for this emergency. Once the petitions clear the security checck, and they have the new I-129F and pamphlet developed, things will begin rolling again. The apporvals for these should go quite fast seeing they already approved our petitions once, and they are only approving the newly acquired info. So we just need to keep on them, and hope something happens soon.

I-129F Timeline:

03-10-06 - Sent I-129F to USCIS

03-15-06 - NOA1

03-25-06 - NOA2 Approval

08-28-06 - Interview!!!

11-22-06 - Got the Visa!!!

AOS Timeline:

02-08-07 - I-485 sent

02-14-07 - NOA1 (Sent to Missouri)

03-06-07 - Biometrics Appointment

03-07-07 - Transferred to CSC

05-03-07 - Card Production Ordered Email

05-10-07 - Green Card In Hand

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03-05-09 - I-751 sent

03-09-09 - NOA1 (1 yr Extension)

04-08-09 - Biometrics

07-09-09 - Card Production Ordered Email

07-17-09 - Green Card In Hand

I-130 Filing for Step-Son

11-30-09 - Received at USCIS

12-04-09 - NOA1

03-01-10 - NOA2

03-05-10 - NVC Case # Assigned

03-09-10 - NVC Mailed DS-3032 and AOS Bill

03-12-10 - Emailed DS-3032 to NVC

03-13-10 - Received Email from NVC stating they received DS-3032 (Also received AOS Fee Bill and DS-3032 in the mail)

03-14-10 - Paid Affidavit of Support Fee and IV Bill online

03-16-10 - NVC Website updated to PAID for both fee's

03-17-10 - Petitioner and Agent received emails to further proceed with case

08-05-10 - NVC Case Completed

10-27-10 - Interview PASSED

10-28-10 - Picked up Visa

Mike (United States) & Huong (Vietnam)

Timeline
I also used the instructions above, and spoke directly with Vermont. I believe that they are figuring out how they are going to procede with our petitions. Here are my thoughts, and this is only an opinion. I think they are running all of our petitions thru this security check. In the meantime they are developing the new I-129F and Pamphlets, and developing a system they will need to use for this emergency. Once the petitions clear the security checck, and they have the new I-129F and pamphlet developed, things will begin rolling again. The apporvals for these should go quite fast seeing they already approved our petitions once, and they are only approving the newly acquired info. So we just need to keep on them, and hope something happens soon.

It does make sense to me.

I just didn´t think they were actually gonna do any security check.

I thought all they need is a form that mention this IMBRA thing, signed by the applicant. And then, depending on their answer and records, they would keep checking on them.

Vut anyways, since the beggining of this whole story, what I heard was that my petition was sent back for security checks on the petitioner.

I think, and this is also only my opinion, they are only waiting for the form to be approved to send this damn thing and once they get it back, fwd to NVC and then to the Consulates again.

Did you ask them anything about what they are doing right now?

good luck to us!

Timeline
[sarcasm] Paging americanwoman to the IS YOUR WIFE THE SAME ONCE IN THE USA??? thread. I think you're the "INDEPENDENT FEMINIST" type the OP was refering to. Good luck with that attitude problem. [/sarcasm]

Can we please please please please please please please please save the critique of American womanhood and/or feminism for the Off Topic forum? I'm an American woman and a feminist and I'm going through the same bureaucratic nonsense as everyone else here. The topical immigration forums (fora?) need to remain supportive for everyone trying to bring a loved one to the U.S., and that kind of talk makes me feel extremely unwelcome, especially when it is said in an overtly hostile context. I realize that there are people here who have sought a partner overseas because of their views about American women as wives, but I am just coming to this thread to check and see what people heard about their petitions today, and really don't want to deal with that stuff right here.

People are tense right now, some might be a bit oversensitive, and some might mouth off a little--that will happen and I think it would be a bit weird if it didn't. But I really don't see why we can't at least cope without resorting to personal attacks based on nationality or gender.

As for my petition, no news, but I think that's to be expected...I'm way behind any of you in line. Will continue to sit tight and remain watchful for any sign of life from the Service Centers.

Tigre

I am not a practicing attorney. I have a law degree and I passed the bar exam, but am not admitted to practice because I got a job in legal publishing and haven't gotten around to applying for my license yet. Publishing is great, but it does not make you qualified to give legal advice. So I don't. I just want to get married to my fella, which is why I'm here! If you need legal help, seek the advice of a licensed attorney.

Timeline of the Tigre

September 2004 - Tigre meets Dan while prowling about aimlessly

December 2004 - Dan visits Tigreland, USA

May 2005 - Tigre goes to England, Dan pops the question!

December 2005 - Christmas in England with Tigre and Dan

May 19th 2006 - Dan and Tigre's K1 petition received by VSC

May 25th 2006 - NOA1 issued...we're on our way!

June 20 2006 - RFE sent by VSC

June 26 2006 - RFE returned Express to VSC

July 10 2006 - NOA2...let's go check out the NVC!

July 17 2006 - email from NVC--case was sent to London!

July 21 2006 - Dan, meet Packet 3!

August 4, 2006 - Packet 3 returned

August 16, 2006 - sassy Tigre emails the embassy "just making sure the packet got there"

August 17, 2006 - Embassy e-mails back: Packet 4 is on its way!

Medical: August 24

Interview: September 15

Timeline
[sarcasm] Paging americanwoman to the IS YOUR WIFE THE SAME ONCE IN THE USA??? thread. I think you're the "INDEPENDENT FEMINIST" type the OP was refering to. Good luck with that attitude problem. [/sarcasm]

Can we please please please please please please please please save the critique of American womanhood and/or feminism for the Off Topic forum? I'm an American woman and a feminist and I'm going through the same bureaucratic nonsense as everyone else here. The topical immigration forums (fora?) need to remain supportive for everyone trying to bring a loved one to the U.S., and that kind of talk makes me feel extremely unwelcome, especially when it is said in an overtly hostile context. I realize that there are people here who have sought a partner overseas because of their views about American women as wives, but I am just coming to this thread to check and see what people heard about their petitions today, and really don't want to deal with that stuff right here.

People are tense right now, some might be a bit oversensitive, and some might mouth off a little--that will happen and I think it would be a bit weird if it didn't. But I really don't see why we can't at least cope without resorting to personal attacks based on nationality or gender.

As for my petition, no news, but I think that's to be expected...I'm way behind any of you in line. Will continue to sit tight and remain watchful for any sign of life from the Service Centers.

Tigre

I agree with you.

Her comment was in response of my post, when I said I felt like being tortured since this is really devastating me.

Just for the record, I´m the benneficiary and I´m the guy.

In my case, the american citizen, my fiancée is the woman.

I would never assume that her comment was typical or anything like that.

That issue for me is over.

Let´s keep collecting information regarding IMBRA. That´s what this topic is about.

Tigre, any news?

Timeline

:angry: No news. *sulks*

:P

I am not a practicing attorney. I have a law degree and I passed the bar exam, but am not admitted to practice because I got a job in legal publishing and haven't gotten around to applying for my license yet. Publishing is great, but it does not make you qualified to give legal advice. So I don't. I just want to get married to my fella, which is why I'm here! If you need legal help, seek the advice of a licensed attorney.

Timeline of the Tigre

September 2004 - Tigre meets Dan while prowling about aimlessly

December 2004 - Dan visits Tigreland, USA

May 2005 - Tigre goes to England, Dan pops the question!

December 2005 - Christmas in England with Tigre and Dan

May 19th 2006 - Dan and Tigre's K1 petition received by VSC

May 25th 2006 - NOA1 issued...we're on our way!

June 20 2006 - RFE sent by VSC

June 26 2006 - RFE returned Express to VSC

July 10 2006 - NOA2...let's go check out the NVC!

July 17 2006 - email from NVC--case was sent to London!

July 21 2006 - Dan, meet Packet 3!

August 4, 2006 - Packet 3 returned

August 16, 2006 - sassy Tigre emails the embassy "just making sure the packet got there"

August 17, 2006 - Embassy e-mails back: Packet 4 is on its way!

Medical: August 24

Interview: September 15

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Maybe its been posted here in this goliath thread, if it has ok, million pardons....

Have you noticed the expiration date on the DRAFT of the new I-129F, it is 6/30/06

When I saw this i had a good feeling because it makes me think that maybe that is the deadline for them to arrive at the final draftof the new form. But who knows how long before they actually release that final draft?

Well, I doubt they would have no draft hanging out there in the wind like dead air. Hopefully the final draft will be ready even before the deadline and that it will be released immediately..

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Buenos Aires, Argentina

I-129F Sent : 02-21-06

I-129F NOA1 : 03-14-06

I-129F NOA2 : 03-30-06

NVC Received : 04-06-06

Embassy to NVC: 05-31-06

Touched: 06-27-06

Case Re-opened: 06-27-06

Touched: 06-29-06

USCIS sent RFE: 06-29-06

Touched: 06-30-06

Touched: 07-03-06

IMBRA RFE recieved: 07-05-06

IMBRA RFE sent to USCIS: 08-10-06

USCIS recieved IMBRARFE 08-15-06

Touched: 08-16-06

Touched: 08-18-06

Touched: 08-23-06

Touched: 08-24-06

Touched: 08-29-06

USCIS RFE NOA in mail 09-01-06

Touched: 09-02-06

Timeline

Hopefully they will send it out ASAP. THis is the way I look at it. The longer they take with this, the backlog is just growing and growing. SO I am sure that they want to get this out ASAP so they can get back on track.

I-129F Timeline:

03-15-06 - NOA1

03-25-06 - NOA2 Approval

08-28-06 - Interview!!!

AOS Timeline:

02-08-07 - I-485 sent

03-05-09 - I-751 sent

04-08-09 - Biometrics

12-04-09 - NOA1

03-01-10 - NOA2

03-13-10 - Received Email from NVC stating they received DS-3032 (Also received AOS Fee Bill and DS-3032 in the mail)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

<sigh>

I'm in the same boat, the embassy sent it back, they wrote to me that this diplomatic mail takes anywhere from 3-4 weeks :o But its going to be 4 weeks on Monday!!!!! And NVC still DOES NOT have it :crying:

The journey begins...got the package together sent FedEx OV 2/22/06

Packet received in VT Center 10:53 AM Signed by G.Merrihew 2/23/06

Packet returned, check made out for the wrong amount, I feel stupid :( 3/4/06

New check made out, given to Fedex today but will go out Monday morning 3/6/06

Packet received SECOND time signed by same person at 11:00 am, please God let this be it! 3/7/06

NOA 1-------------------------3/8/06

Check cashed----------------3/9/06

Touched----------------------3/21/06

NO2 approved electronically!!!!!!!!!------3/22/06

Touched, I guess they mailed the petition out today-------3/23/06

NVC sent out approved petition!!! YAYYYYYYYY-------------3/27/06

Packet 3 received by my fiance----------------------------4/9/06

Medical appnt.------------------------------------------4/10/06

Packet 3 sent back-----------4/14/06

Interview Date Given for MAY 15------------------4/24/06 Interview cancelled 5/11/06

Case reopened by VSC---7/13/06

Touched-------------------7/14/06

Touched------------------7/15/06

RFE Update!!!!----------7/17/06

RFE Sent back---------7/22/06

RFE Update Online----7/26/06

Touched---------------7/27/06

Touched--------------7/28/06

Touched-------------7/29/06

Touched------------8/09/06

Re-APPROVED-----8/09/06

NVC sent out to the embassy---8/14/06

Interview re-scheduled for----- 9/26/06!!!!!!!

APPROVED_RECEIVED VISA IN HAND 10/03/06!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Maybe its been posted here in this goliath thread, if it has ok, million pardons....

Have you noticed the expiration date on the DRAFT of the new I-129F, it is 6/30/06

When I saw this i had a good feeling because it makes me think that maybe that is the deadline for them to arrive at the final draftof the new form. But who knows how long before they actually release that final draft?

Well, I doubt they would have no draft hanging out there in the wind like dead air. Hopefully the final draft will be ready even before the deadline and that it will be released immediately..

Actually, if you think about it, for a lot of other forms we used expired and they say it's fine, so don't count on that as a deadline.

Those 3 people that reached Vermont throug the phone, what did you do exactly?

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I heard from my senator's office today. I had asked for 2 specific questions to be answered - 1) when will I receive a form/questionnaire to provide information on my "possible criminal background" and 2) how will the transfer to CA affect my timing.

The only thing she could tell me was CA said 30-60 more days for processing. When I asked if that included the time to send me the form, etc. she didn't know. They (CA) never mentioned the form and she (from the senator's office) didn't ask. When I explained that this was the most important detail that I wanted answered, she said that they would make another inquiry in 2 weeks.

She seemed to be saying that if they (USCIS/DHS whoever) had a clue, they would have told her. Since all they said is 30-60 more days, that's all she could offer. Not helpful and not encouraging. Hopefully I'll know something more in 2 weeks but I am not counting on it.

Timeline

She didn't really inquire, from what I gather.

11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics

*View Complete Timeline

Timeline

I am not sure if this was posted in this thread or not, and I am sorry if they already did, because I am not going to brows thru 60 pages. This actually gives me hope. It seems that they are requesting the approval of the new form by June 9, 2006. It also sounds like it might be done by e-file. Tell me what you think???

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/for...i-129f_83-i.pdf

I-129F Timeline:

03-15-06 - NOA1

03-25-06 - NOA2 Approval

08-28-06 - Interview!!!

AOS Timeline:

02-08-07 - I-485 sent

03-05-09 - I-751 sent

04-08-09 - Biometrics

12-04-09 - NOA1

03-01-10 - NOA2

Timeline

Trying to open the site but USCIS seems to be down. :huh:

11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics

*View Complete Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.