ak3

graduate degree

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My husband will be going back to his country to get his degree in business managment in a week or so. I was just wondering because I am not familiar with graduate degrees ....does that mean that when he has his egyptian degree that he could go to graduate school here without any more USA schooling? I guess what I mean is..his degree is adequate to be able to attend grad school here by just taking toefl and gre? If anyone has any experience or knowledge about this is would be awesome. Thanks for reading

Kristy

Sorry for asking alot about degrees but i thought you guys might have experience

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I see he has PR. So he will more than likely pay in state tuition (depends on schools residency requirements) That will be a great thing. He would need to contact the University he plans on applying to find out their specific requirements. They may waive some of the foundation course he wil have to take for his masters. Like if he was a business undergrad, he probably will not have to repeat the business foundation classes for his masters if he's chosen to pursue a MBA. I would contact the grad school and set up an appointment with a graduate advisor. You should provide official transcripts. The school will of course need to be recognized by the universities here and of course accredited.

"Haters are confused admirers, they can’t be or figure you out so negativity comes out [their] mouth.”

-Chad Ochocinco "85" - WR Cincinnati Bengals

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

You may also want to look into getting his degree evaluated. Wes (http://www.wes.org/) is the only one I know of.

Depending on what the equivalent is in the USA he may/may not have to take extra classes before graduate school.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Most Egyptian schools (if not all at this point) have no accredidation internationally, so he will likely have to make up courses. It's best to check. You may be able to check with your local state university to see if they will accept his course outlines.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Like LuLu said: your husband (or you) should contact the graduate adviser in his area of study. He/she will tell you which requirements the College/School/Faculty has for international credentials. Check the website of the university in question and type in "international students". I know your husband is NOT an international student, but his credentials are.The way we go about it on my campus is to request official transcripts from the home university translated into English when necessary; and it is usually the Graduate school and our faculty members in "X' area who conduct the assessment: I cannot recall one university that requires sending your documentation over to WES or other accrediting agencies.

In any case, your best bet is indeed the admissions or graduate adviser for the degree your loved on is interested to apply for admission.

Good luck, Mrs. Nerd.

What about this===

Isn't the american univ. in cairo accredited and accepted here? I found some courses from it transfer to my college. Can my husband transfer his hours from suez university to AUC and then graduate from there after he takes his last 2 classes? That way, when he comes here he would have that degree from there which seems better and more accepted??? He is thinknig about graduate school here so does anyone like mohamed know if that is possible? He is going to ask the college but what do u think?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
What about this===

Isn't the american univ. in cairo accredited and accepted here? I found some courses from it transfer to my college. Can my husband transfer his hours from suez university to AUC and then graduate from there after he takes his last 2 classes? That way, when he comes here he would have that degree from there which seems better and more accepted??? He is thinknig about graduate school here so does anyone like mohamed know if that is possible? He is going to ask the college but what do u think?

I know it's got the best chance out of all of them... I'd ask about it to be sure.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Thanks julianna-

I found this--Accreditation

AUC holds institutional accreditation from the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools in the United States (MSCHE /"Middle States").

Institutional accreditation status is granted by Middle States for a period of ten years, with a mid-way periodic review. AUC is now preparing for consideration of re-accreditation by Middle States. The adherent self-study process, which involves participants from all units of the institution and focuses on all areas of activities and services, is an opportunity to focus attention on where the university stands in terms of achieving its goals and standards, and focus efforts on areas that need enhancement and changes, as well as defining new challenges, in academic endeavors and in organizational matters

In Egypt, AUC operates within the framework of a 1975 protocol with the Egyptian government which in turn is based on a 1962 cultural relations agreement between the Egyptian and the U.S. governments.

In the United States of America, AUC is licensed to grant degrees and is incorporated by the State of Delaware.

Additional Accreditation

The computer science program is accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET, and the SSE construction engineering and mechanical engineering programs are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET (111 Market Place, Suite 1050, Baltimore, MD 21202-4012; Tel. (410) 347-7700; www.abet.org). ABET-accredited programs are recognized worldwide. Graduates of ABET-accredited engineering programs are eligible to register as professional engineers in many countries around the world, including the United States, Canada and Australia, after passing the required examinations.

AUC's School of Business, Economics and Communications is the first in Egypt and North Africa to be awarded accreditation of its business programs from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International). The AACSB accreditation is considered the highest standard of achievement for business schools. There are about 45,000 business schools worldwide, and only 540 schools outside of the United States are accredited by AACSB.

For more information about accreditation, visit IPART .

---from reading that ..it seems like it is accepted right??? Thanks so muchh

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.