Poker_Pro

If you would be kind enough

10 posts in this topic

Hello everyone - This site was actually recommended to me through Cherr11 from another site

. I guess we all have

an immigration story or two, so I am looking for feedback from people that went through a similar dilemma.

I can assure you that I spent sometime merely revising the FAQ sector so I dont repeat or waste anyone's time.

To make a long story short. I was born in Egypt, came to the US on an F-1 visa back in 94, finished a BS and a master's degree, married a US citizen whom I met in College.

Received my two conditional residence ( two months prior to the two year anniversary mind you).

Lost my job shortly after our INS interview, we ran into much trouble with creditors/and letters to show up to small claims court on a daily basis. Needless to say,, it was ugly we were fighting all the time, and she ended up moving out,

7 months later we ended up filing joint backruptcy, and after several more months of going back and forth in separation she ended up filing for divorce. Less than six months after divorced was finalized, the conditional residence was about to expire.

So I reviewed the I-751 requirements where i am required to prove that the marriage was entered in good faith, gathered three notarized letters of US citizens that knew us as a couple including my "Ex-wife herself" and submitted my application in september 13, 2006 ( three months before conditional residence was about to expire) I received my receipt that the residency will be extended for a year while being processeed and to conduct my finger prints. Then in august of 2007 I visited the immigration office for an interview. Then nothing, I kept visiting back to extend my card in order to work, and no feedback other than we are in the final stages. February of this year 2008, I moved to NY ( used to live in Indiana) and called the 1800 number to change address and state that my case is outside processing time. I received a note that my case has been transfered to the local office on federal plaza in New York city. I made an Info pass last week, only to find out while I am here that I have another Interview July 15th. so now i am freaking out, cause i had my interview, i have a letter for the ex-herself, i am not sure what other documents i can provide or prove at this point close to a year later.

Please advise, and I am sooo sorry for the long letter I tried to make it brief yet provide enough info for any constructive feedback

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Since a new office is involved and being requested to make a decision it may simply be a familiarization interview

YMMV

Since a new office is involved and being requested to make a decision it may simply be a familiarization interview

fwaguy, thank you for taking the time to read my words,

I did not think of that, but its very likely that whole familiarize concept, since i already been interviewed, instead of making a decision based on what someone else said from almost a year earlier....

Why would something be transferred to a local office just because you moved? Aren't these petitions supposed to be approved at one of the 4 service centers, not local centers? any body know about that?

perhaps you got picked randomly for an interview as they seem to do this and that is why they transferred your case to a local office...

fwaguy, thank you for taking the time to read my words,

I did not think of that, but its very likely that whole familiarize concept, since i already been interviewed, instead of making a decision based on what someone else said from almost a year earlier....

Well, My case used to be at Nebraska, but they told me over a year a go that they transfered it to the local office in my zip code, and that was the midwest.. now that i moved out to New York, I got a letter about two months ago saying that they case has been transfered to the new zip code...

i also did indicate that my case was outside processing time, maybe thats why

Edited by Poker_Pro

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Hello everyone - This site was actually recommended to me through Cherr11 from another site

. I guess we all have

an immigration story or two, so I am looking for feedback from people that went through a similar dilemma.

I can assure you that I spent sometime merely revising the FAQ sector so I dont repeat or waste anyone's time.

To make a long story short. I was born in Egypt, came to the US on an F-1 visa back in 94, finished a BS and a master's degree, married a US citizen whom I met in College.

Received my two conditional residence ( two months prior to the two year anniversary mind you).

Lost my job shortly after our INS interview, we ran into much trouble with creditors/and letters to show up to small claims court on a daily basis. Needless to say,, it was ugly we were fighting all the time, and she ended up moving out,

7 months later we ended up filing joint backruptcy, and after several more months of going back and forth in separation she ended up filing for divorce. Less than six months after divorced was finalized, the conditional residence was about to expire.

So I reviewed the I-751 requirements where i am required to prove that the marriage was entered in good faith, gathered three notarized letters of US citizens that knew us as a couple including my "Ex-wife herself" and submitted my application in september 13, 2006 ( three months before conditional residence was about to expire) I received my receipt that the residency will be extended for a year while being processeed and to conduct my finger prints. Then in august of 2007 I visited the immigration office for an interview. Then nothing, I kept visiting back to extend my card in order to work, and no feedback other than we are in the final stages. February of this year 2008, I moved to NY ( used to live in Indiana) and called the 1800 number to change address and state that my case is outside processing time. I received a note that my case has been transfered to the local office on federal plaza in New York city. I made an Info pass last week, only to find out while I am here that I have another Interview July 15th. so now i am freaking out, cause i had my interview, i have a letter for the ex-herself, i am not sure what other documents i can provide or prove at this point close to a year later.

Please advise, and I am sooo sorry for the long letter I tried to make it brief yet provide enough info for any constructive feedback

i agree with fwaguy.. maybe since you were in indiana and now in new york they need to know a little more about you there.. anyway i pray everything goes well for you.. sorry about your divorce

Passage Revelation 19:11:

11And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

"satan is real and he's playing for keeps
God is realer and we are His sheep
which side are you on, CHOOSE, start moving your feet
choose JESUS and have ETERNAL PEACE" by GOD to me on 9/26/10 about 2am
Thank you Jesus!!!!

Bebe and Cece Winans Heaven

Abdel Halim Hafez Qariat al Fingan

oneder.. thank you for posting :)

i wonder if the INS sends their letters generic, since mine came saying removal of conditions and that me and my spouse are scheduled for interview.. very odd, considering that I already interviewed and filed the waiver close to two years ago stating the divorce

i dont think they read #######, when i went to my i-751 interview back in august of 07 ( mind you) the interviewer said that she needs to spend time reading my case after i leave, ( after i leave for crying out loud..

oh well, enough venting

it is what it is

Filed: Timeline
Why would something be transferred to a local office just because you moved? Aren't these petitions supposed to be approved at one of the 4 service centers, not local centers? any body know about that?

perhaps you got picked randomly for an interview as they seem to do this and that is why they transferred your case to a local office...

The regulation states that the district office (which for most people is several states away) will adjudicate the removal of conditions but if the adjudicator selects the applicant for an interview, the case is usually transfered to a local office (which is usually closer).

I think regulation states that all I-751 must be interviewed at the local office. But the service center (now only VSC and CSC) has a right to waive interview and adjudicate. They have computer system which selects randomly files for interview. Next cervice senter officer has to check local office schedule and select interview date and send file to local office. If local office is booked up, service senter sends the file to local office. Then local office sits on this file till the interview date gets available. But this is for regular I-751 which otherwise would get approved without inteveiw. So called, random check for quality control purposes. Applications with waiver often require interview. My guess, NY local office would have to decide you case based on their interview (chances are the previous interviewer from Indiana have not documented interview questions/answers properly...). You have a thick file (with all that court docs..); they probably want to hear explanations instead of spending time reading all this. Plus, you are from Egypt. I have heard that CIS puts red flags on marriages if -mid east involves-one person is way older than other-if USC has already made somebody GCholder in the past-.... So, maybe you have accumulated more flags than others. But most probably, you will get approval at interveiw. Good luck.

The regulation states that the district office (which for most people is several states away) will adjudicate the removal of conditions but if the adjudicator selects the applicant for an interview, the case is usually transfered to a local office (which is usually closer).

Karina and Tomy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.