johnsmith

Questions about I-129F

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I am applying for K3 visa for my spouse .

1. Do I need to send copies of both our birth cirtificates ? In instructions, it says something about submitting documents in Q 3, 4, 5? DO I just send my birth certificate or I need to send hers also?

2. What to answer for B.17 and B.18? In instructions, it says N/A, but in sample form in website, B17 was answered

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

1. Do I need to send copies of both our birth cirtificates ? In instructions, it says something about submitting documents in Q 3, 4, 5? DO I just send my birth certificate or I need to send hers also?

2. What to answer for B.17 and B.18? In instructions, it says N/A, but in sample form in website, B17 was answered

I sent copies of my NAturalization and her birth certificate with its translation. B17 and 18 is N/A.

I-130

02-06-06 NOA-1

02-21-06 *touched*

04-27-06 Approved (Wife)

05-02-06 Approved (Stepchild)

04-28-06 *touched*

05-01-06 *touched*

I-129F

02-22-06 NOA-1

03-08-06 *touched*

04-28-06 *touched*

05-04-06 *touched*

05-17-06 APPROVED

05-26-06 Received by NVC

05-30-06 Case # assigned

05-31-06 Sent to Bogota

06-02-06 Received at embassy (signed by Pedro)

06-06-06 Sent packet 3 to Medellin

06-08-06 Received packet 3

06-12-06 Faxed and mailed packet 3 back to US Embassy

06-16-06 Received packet 4 // INTERVIEW DATE JULY 21ST , 2006

07-21-06 Visas APPROVED , coming to America on July 28 , 2006

NVC

05-08-06 received (Stepchild)

05-09-06 received (wife)

05-12-06 case # assigned (Stepchild)

05-19-06 case # assigned (Wife)

AOS

05-02-08 AOS received in Chicago Lockbox

05-20-08 Bometrics done for both of them

06-15-08 RFE for 864

07-18-08 Resumed processing

11-07-08 I called USCIS and placed an "Service request"

12-02-08 "Service Request" notice received

12-17-08 Interview letter received dated on 12-08-08

02-18-09 Interview date at 8:45AM

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I sent copies of my NAturalization and her birth certificate with its translation. B17 and 18 is N/A.

Hi,

I recently completed my I129F and I only sent my Naturalzation papers with a copy of my passport ( all pages) no BC for my husband. If you want youcan send a copy ( it does not hurt to send more than requried, if they want the original they will send a RFE or just wait until the interview.

Read this it is the guides for the K3 visa: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?autocom=custom&page=k3guide

Some one will be along to better assist you, but the guides are pretty good.

For your second question I out N/A for both questions.

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

We sent copies of both of our birth certificates with the petition. On line #B17 I marked No; on line #B18 I marked Yes and on the line below wrote "we met on xx/xx/xx and were married on xx/xx/xx"

Best of luck! :)

CR-1:

14-Dec-05: Sent I-130 to London for DCF

28-Dec-05: Letter from Embassy denying due to LLR

17-Jan-06: RFE from TX due to "lack of payment"; USCIS won't accept credit card form from Embassy

01-Feb-06: Sent new I-130 to TX with personal check

13-Feb-06: NOA1

02-June-06: NOA2

05-June-06: Case received at NVC; case # assigned

26-June-06: DS-3032 Choice of Agent rec'd via snail mail

06-July-06: DS-3032 COA mailed; AOS bill mailed

24-July-06: IV bill generated

31-July-06: I-864 rec'd via snail mail; IV bill rec'd

31-Aug-06: IV bill mailed (delayed due to move to US)

21-Sep-06: DS-230 rec'd via snail mail

02-Oct-06: DS-230 & I-864 mailed

08-Nov-06: Case completed at NVC & forwarded to London Embassy!!!

28-Feb-07: Final Interview at London Embassy

01-Mar-07: Visa in hand!!!

Removal of Conditions:

16-Feb-09: I-751 sent to VSC

23-Feb-09: I-751 NOA1

10-Apr-09: Biometrics Appt

02-Sep-09: Approved - 10-yr Green Card Production Ordered

Filed: Timeline

johnsmith,

1. Your are required to send your own birth certificate, or other evidence that you are a USC, but you are not required to send the beneficiary's birth certificate. (Unless the case officer processing your petition decides that they want it for some reason, in which case they'll send you an RFE for it. The CSC has a habit of doing this for K1 cases.) BTW your 2nd sentence is incorrect, read the instructions carefully.

2. Be careful using the example forms, they do no relieve you of the responsibility to think for yourself.

Yodrak

From the I-129F instructions

11. How Do You Use This Form for Your Spouse or Child Seeking Entry With a K-3/K-4 Visa?

This form may be used to obtain a K-3/K-4 visa for your alien spouse and her or his child. Fill out the form as directed, except assume that "fiancé" or "fiancé(e)" means"spouse." answer Questions B.17 and B.18 by stating "N/A." Note that filing this form is only necessary to facilitate the entry of your spouse and her or his child as a nonimmigrant.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

1. I agree with Yodrak. Only the USC petitioner needs to send the proof of his US Citizenship which could be a copy of birth certificate (for born US Citizen) or a copy of naturalization certificate or copy of US passport. The instructions don't ask for the beneficiarie's birth certificate.

According to instructions (read item #11), for K-3, it should be "N/A" for B17 and B18. These two apply for K-1. But I think, if K-3 decides to write something on B17 and B18, it would not harm or anything.

2. Example forms are for references only. While it can help you fill your forms out, it should not necessarily be 100% applicable to you. I-129F is for both K-1 and K-3.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.