MrsCat

Woman brands thoughtless date with hot iron

30 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

NEW YORK (AP) -- A college student who branded a date's body with a scalding piece of metal as payback for never calling her after they had sex was sentenced to five years in prison Friday.

Kristina Caban, 23, had no comment as state Supreme Court Justice Michael Obus sentenced her for what he called a crime that was "not remotely justifiable."

Assistant District Attorney Nicole Blumberg told Obus that Caban was the "mastermind behind the plan" to sear the torso of Samir "Sammy" Sara, then 23, for having sex with her once in 2004 and never calling her again.

Caban enlisted new boyfriend Robert Testagrossa to help brand a four-inch-high "R" on Samir's abdomen in October 2006, the prosecutor said. She said Caban lured the former lover to a hotel room, where Testagrossa and another man grabbed him.

Blumberg said the men used a Taser to immobilize Sara in a room at the Chelsea Inn while Caban laughed at his distress and kicked him while he was down.

The branding "iron" was actually a length of metal wire fashioned into a "R" -- heated, and applied to Samir's torso, said Tracy Golden of the Manhattan district attorney's office. She said prosecutors did not know what the "R" stood for.

Caban and Testagrossa, 27, pleaded guilty to assault in August 2007 in exchange for five-year sentences. Testagrossa was sentenced in February and Caban, a photography student, was allowed to graduate from the School of Visual Arts in Manhattan before going to prison.

Blumberg said the third assailant remains at large.

He said Sara will have a permanent, tragic memento of his encounter with Caban.

Caban's lawyer, James Friedman said, "She's a good kid, despite the picture painted of her, who exercised poor judgment and got herself into a bad situation. She is not the monster the prosecution made her out to be."

Caban's father, Rafael Caban, 55, is a retired Correction Department captain.

Testagrossa is the son of two prosecutors. His father Charles is the executive assistant district attorney in Queens who prosecuted the Sean Bell police shooting case. His mother is a lawyer in the Nassau County district attorney's office.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/06/13/brande...ref=mpstoryview

Filed: Timeline

Testagrossa is the son of two prosecutors.

Not surprising. LE attracts psychopaths, big surprise that psychopaths give birth to little psychopaths.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Timeline

Not surprising. LE attracts psychopaths, big surprise that psychopaths give birth to little psychopaths.

Is that part of the DSM-V Manual of Mental Disorders? :lol:

I think you might be right about the psychopath part though - just read the story again and she waited like 2 years to seek revenge (2004 - 2006). That is really scary.

Edited by cattattude

Filed: Timeline

;)

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Timeline
:lol: Good for her :lol:

Maybe the R stands for "Remember me jerk???" :lol:

Good one - I was trying to figure out what the R stood for. :lol:

R stands for retards. Crazy fuked up world we live in.

Citizenship

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

CIS Office : San Francisco CA

Date Filed : 2008-06-11

NOA Date : 2008-06-18

Bio. Appt. : 2008-07-08

Citizenship Interview

USCIS San Francisco Field Office

Wednesday, September 10,2008

Time 2:35PM

Filed: Country: Turkey
Timeline

Still doesn't make it right for her to brand him just because she was a jilted lover and cause he never called her! She could have let it go as a bad experience with this young man and gone on with her life instead of waiting 2 years to plan on getting revenge. I say what goes around comes around.

1803363hy9lzatt1e.gif avatar_ani_050.gifSOON TO BE HAPPILY DIVORCED! avatar_ani_052.gif 1803363hy9lzatt1e.gif

Filed: Country: Libya
Timeline

Could've been "registered trademark" too :lol:

Muslimwoman-1-1.jpg

99GEAq-6owA

We need a Ramadan!! (part one)

VP's Blog

Timeline

I say what goes around comes around.

I am sure you're right - she'll be poked with something while she's in the slammer. Just not so sure that it'll be a branding iron. . . .

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Before I say anything on this... I just wanted to point out that the DSM-V hasn't been published yet and probably won't be until 2012. Until that time, we're stuck with the DSM-IV-TR. :star:

As for this interesting event in the world of "modern dating," I for one am glad that I am not only married now, but I found a woman is SANE. I suppose something along these lines is what my dad meant when he told me was happy that I was with a woman who seems "well-adjusted and emotionally stable."

The guy was a jerk for having sex with her and then basically shrugging her off, but that doesn't warrant her branding him and leaving his body scarred. I could understand her being angry or upset; maybe calling his cell phone (if she knew it) or making a website where she tears the guy to pieces, but physically (and permanently) harming the guy was going way too far. It looks like she's going to pay for the damage too, since five years in prison isn't anything to laugh at all.

If had been the judge, I would've included an additional penalty which stipulated that she (and her new boyfriend) would be forced to pay for any surgical reconstruction that guy needs on the area they damaged. If they couldn't pay themselves, then their families would have to fork over the cash. Sure, that's not fair, but neither is some guy living out his life with a four-inch "R" branded on him either.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

She waited 2 years before taking him by suprise. You would think in that time she could have come up with a better plan.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
Caban's lawyer, James Friedman said, "She's a good kid, despite the picture painted of her, who exercised poor judgment and got herself into a bad situation. She is not the monster the prosecution made her out to be."

This is the behavior of a "good kid" who simply exercised "poor judgment"?? :blink:

She surely is a freak and what she did was clearly wrong, but five years does seem a little long, don't you think?

Not at all, seems perfectly appropriate to me

Scott - So. California, Lai - Hong Kong

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_chchk_2fagm.gif

Our timeline:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1032

Our Photos

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=7mj8fg...=0&y=x7fhak

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.j...z8zadq&Ux=1

Optimist: "The glass is half full."

Pessimist: "The glass is half empty."

Scott: "I didn't order this!!!"

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." - Ruth 1:16

"Losing faith in Humanity, one person at a time."

"Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save." - Ps 146:3

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

Vicky >^..^< She came, she loved, and was loved. 1989-07/07/2007