Together4ever

Thursday...

23 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi everyone-

I hope you're all doing well and that your day is going well. I am just trying to stay awake- I had a little drama on the back porch outside of my bedroom last night- a raccoon and a possum had a little fight so I sat at my window watching them for about an hour at around midnight. I don't really know who won unfortunately but I was pretty happy to have a wall between us as they were about 2 feet from my room. Other than that I'm just workin all day then I have class tonight and that's it. Thursdays are usually my favorite days because it's almost the weekend. Take care!

Sarah

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Enjoy your pepsi Jean... I'm here having a date w/ my love (brief stolen moments) while he's on break from work. I'm otherwise either working or pretending to work :whistle::star:

Noura

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

JP, congrats on your new phone!!! That must feel great.

I am REALLY dragging today. I literally dragged myself out of bed this morning, went to work (protesting all the way), came back and I'm still exhausted. Now I have to go print out place cards for our reception on Sunday at my parents' house (because I don't have a printer, I really need to get one). Plus I have to tie up 70 bundles of cinnamon sticks, because my mother really wanted to have bundles of them on the tables. They smell nice, but I really don't feel like tying them into bundles tonight. I also think they're kind of weird as a favor; I mean, what are people going to do with them? Though I guess it's no different from most favors you get at weddings.

Fortunately I've already set up the lanterns with their candles and made table signs. It looks like it's going to rain here on Sunday, so the money we spent to have it at a place with beautiful gardens will be pretty much wasted. Sigh. I just hope it's not pouring and that there's room for the bellydancer to do her show and lesson.

OK, a-cinnamon-tying I go. Hi ho :whistle:

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
JP, congrats on your new phone!!! That must feel great.

I am REALLY dragging today. I literally dragged myself out of bed this morning, went to work (protesting all the way), came back and I'm still exhausted. Now I have to go print out place cards for our reception on Sunday at my parents' house (because I don't have a printer, I really need to get one). Plus I have to tie up 70 bundles of cinnamon sticks, because my mother really wanted to have bundles of them on the tables. They smell nice, but I really don't feel like tying them into bundles tonight. I also think they're kind of weird as a favor; I mean, what are people going to do with them? Though I guess it's no different from most favors you get at weddings.

Fortunately I've already set up the lanterns with their candles and made table signs. It looks like it's going to rain here on Sunday, so the money we spent to have it at a place with beautiful gardens will be pretty much wasted. Sigh. I just hope it's not pouring and that there's room for the bellydancer to do her show and lesson.

OK, a-cinnamon-tying I go. Hi ho :whistle:

Well......they can make cinnamon tea! :star: There is a middle eastern treat that we serve when a woman has a baby, its called girfeh. I know its done in Jordan/Palestine I dont know if anyone else does it, but its really yummy!

Place the cinnamon sticks in water just a cup or so. Bring to a boil and add cold water (5-6 cups) and bring to a boil again. The second time you boil the cinnamon will release a wonderful red color! Let it boil for a few minutes. Pour into tea glasses. Then put 2 tablespoons of chopped walnuts in each glass.

Here is a trick...if you add sugar to the cinnamon tea, the walnuts will float to the top, if there is no sugar, they will stay at the bottom of the glass. :star:

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I have a present for KML and Carshel ... ready ???

FOP013.jpg

I really wish that phone would ring ... trust me if I could MAKE it ring I would :P

Reunited and it feels so good ....

NOA #1 - March 23rd, 2004

Interview- May 18th, 2006 (Success !)

Arrived in the US - May 27, 2006 (our IR-1 visa journey was 2 years and 2 months long)

Wedding - June 17th, 2006

It's a Girl ! Baby Hana's expected due date - March 30th, 2007

591088.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I have a present for KML and Carshel ... ready ???

FOP013.jpg

I really wish that phone would ring ... trust me if I could MAKE it ring I would :P

OMG....hilarious!!! Thanks LB I needed that right now.

Getting close for you....I know you must be excited. :dance:

goCsm4.png

photo22-1-1.jpg

AF3Cm5.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Wow.. everyone posts at the buttcrack of dawn, before I'm even awake.. i'm a 9 to 5er.. well.. went to work.. left work.. went to my other house to get the mail, found it kinda funny that my check wasn't in the mail even though I mailed my timecard last saturday? it usually doesn't take that long.. for last weeks I sent it the saturday before and got it on wednesday..

O.k. so I gave up on the black hole of taxes, and just ordered 3 years worth of transcripts for me and my joint sponsor.

So I'm slowly checking off things on the Things To Do/Buy/Pack...

So we finally cleared up the issue with the paypal account. The accused denies the allegations.. however.. even though we were able to retrieve all lost monies, paypal doesn't think it's work investigating as fraud since we got our money back.. and someone could have created a paypal account with our account number using HER name.. It's just not worth it to investigate since we've secured our funds.

On a sad note, Yacine was in a small car accident today, but he is okay.

I hope everyone else is doing well

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.