kimlbs

Did you get your NOA2 approval recently?? Does NVC have it yet???

24 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

My k-1 was approved on April 13th from CSC, and l called NVC on April 28th and also recieved an email reply that they had received my petition. On May 5th I received a letter dated May 1st from NVC stating,

"Dear Petitioner,

The State Department's National visa center has recenlty received an approved I-129F petition filed on the behalf of your fiance. This letter is to let you know that within a week the petition will be forwarded to the approprate visa issuing post where your visa interview will take place."

I called today, and they still have not sent it. I dont understand why it is still at NVC. :angry:

Meriem (F)

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
My k-1 was approved on April 13th from CSC, and l called NVC on April 28th and also recieved an email reply that they had received my petition. On May 5th I received a letter dated May 1st from NVC stating,

"Dear Petitioner,

The State Department's National visa center has recenlty received an approved I-129F petition filed on the behalf of your fiance. This letter is to let you know that within a week the petition will be forwarded to the approprate visa issuing post where your visa interview will take place."

I called today, and they still have not sent it. I dont understand why it is still at NVC. :angry:

Meriem (F)

What the hell?! Probably mine is there at NVC yet as well... :(

BRAUSA2.jpg

AMERIZILIANS ALL THE WAY!!! :P

K-1 Journey

--> Jan 27th, 2006 - Sent the petition to Nebraska SC.

--> Jan 31st, 2006 - 1st NOA received by mail.

--> April 20th, 2006 - 2nd NOA in snail mail!

--> May 5th, 2006 - NVC received and left

--> May 24th, 2006 - Pack. 3 received and left (never received package 4, so the Embassy sent me its content by e-mail)

--> June 26th, 2006 - Medical in São Paulo (Dr. Celso Rodrigues Fava)

--> July 11th - Interview APPROVED!! :D

--> July 13th - Visa in hand

AOS

--> Novr 11th, 2006 - Sent AOS and EAD forms

--> Nov 17th, 2006 - NOA 1

--> Dec 4th, 2006 - Biometrics (appt. letter rec. in 11/24)

--> Nov 28th, 2006 - RFE received

--> Jan, 8th, 2007 - RFE sent

--> Jan, 30th, 2007 - EAD card received

--> Mar, 13th, 2007 - Interview - Pending Security Checks

--> July, 16th, 2007 - USCIS site: Security checks cleared. Welcome Letter in the way!

--> July, 26th, 2007 - GREEN CARD IN THE MAIL!!! (done with USCIS until 04/2009)

Removing Conditions on Residency

--> April 16th, 2009 - Sent I-751 Application to California Service Center

--> May 8th, 2009 - NOA received (1 year extension letter]

--> June 1st, 2009 - Biometrics appt. letter received

I LOVE MY BABE CHRIS!

Timeline

"Dear Petitioner,

Meriem (F)

I mean.... "Probably mine is there at NVC still as well..." :blush:

BRAUSA2.jpg

K-1 Journey

--> May 24th, 2006 - Pack. 3 received and left (never received package 4, so the Embassy sent me its content by e-mail)

AOS

--> July, 16th, 2007 - USCIS site: Security checks cleared. Welcome Letter in the way!

--> July, 26th, 2007 - GREEN CARD IN THE MAIL!!! (done with USCIS until 04/2009)

I LOVE MY BABE CHRIS!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

My k-1 was approved on April 13th from CSC, and l called NVC on April 28th and also received an email reply that they had received my petition. On May 5th I received a letter dated May 1st from NVC stating,

"Dear Petitioner,

The State Department's National visa center has recenlty received an approved I-129F petition filed on the behalf of your fiance. This letter is to let you know that within a week the petition will be forwarded to the appropriate visa issuing post where your visa interview will take place."

Meriem (F)

Have you tried to call them? If you do let me know what they tell you. They told me today, Even though I received the letter last week, they are not done processing it. That normally it takes 2-4 weeks processing at NVC. I kept referring to the letter I received and she said, "You will receive a second letter once they are finished processing it. Just makes no sense. There are petitions that are arriving to NVC after mine and have already been sent to the embassies. :(

Meriem (F)

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

Timeline

My k-1 was approved on April 13th from CSC, and l called NVC on April 28th and also received an email reply that they had received my petition. On May 5th I received a letter dated May 1st from NVC stating,

"Dear Petitioner,

The State Department's National visa center has recenlty received an approved I-129F petition filed on the behalf of your fiance. This letter is to let you know that within a week the petition will be forwarded to the appropriate visa issuing post where your visa interview will take place."

Meriem (F)

Have you tried to call them? If you do let me know what they tell you. They told me today, Even though I received the letter last week, they are not done processing it. That normally it takes 2-4 weeks processing at NVC. I kept referring to the letter I received and she said, "You will receive a second letter once they are finished processing it. Just makes no sense. There are petitions that are arriving to NVC after mine and have already been sent to the embassies. :(

Meriem (F)

Hmm... But did they already gave you your case number?

I don't remember if Chris told me they said in the letter that they would send a second letter... Can't remember... Damn it! :huh:

BRAUSA2.jpg

K-1 Journey

AOS

I LOVE MY BABE CHRIS!

That's a good news. CSC has been slacking off recently.

I read on VJ that some people just mail their DS-156 and Packet 3 checklist which is available online, to the consulate after a case is created at NVC. I would assume that this would expedite the process and beneficiary can get packet 4 directly, rather than waiting for a month or so. Has anyone heard similar things?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

We got our approval notice (NOA2) on April 21...but still haven't heard from the NVC either. Not too worried yet though, I think on the NOA2 it says, it can take up to 4 weeks until we hear something.

So I guess we gotta wait and see...and hope the best!! :whistle:

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

07/01/2007 received visa via "Deutsche Post"

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

->view my complete timeline

AOS, EAD and AP

12/6/2006 filed for AOS & EAD

1/05/2007 AOS transferred to California Service Center

01/16/2008 letter to Congressman

03/27/2008 GREENCARD arrived

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

07/01/20010 Greencard arrived

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

03/15/2022 Interview. Approved after "quality review"

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

Timeline

• MY fiancé got an e-mail this morning from NVC, acknowledging receipt of our application.

Our NOA2 was from the CSC, and dated April 17.

Nice. My approval from CSC was dated April 13th and people are recieving their confirmation from NVC who were approved after me. Thats not a good sign.. is it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.