flavaofsummer

just wanted to let u folks know "its rather annoying"

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

im annoyed at how people who filed in 2008 r citizens in a short period of time. i applied in nov2007 im still waiting how annoying is that? my application is not complex its simple so why am i waiting so long not only that but my background was cleared 4 months ago and the computer is looking for an interview date for me and still hasnt found it how lovely!

Edited by flavaofsummer

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I feel your frustration... I applied for citizenship in December 2007 and I am still waiting for a biometrics appointment... Although, I am presently more worried about my I-751 application which still "being processed"...

The last officer I talked to setup an inquiry for the I-751 (which is now 6 months out of their projected times) but said that they wouldn't touch my N-400 until they had processed the I-751 (including the biometrics)... Something definitely smells fishy so I am in the process of writing a letter to setup a congressional inquiry...

Overall K-1 Petition Details

Sent I-129F - January 20th 2004

NOA1 Received - January 22nd 2004

NOA2 Received - June 12th 2004

Approved Interview At Embassy - July 26th 2004

Visa Arrives - July 27th 2004

New Life In United States

Manchester-Boston-Los Angeles - August 10th 2004

Point of Entry - Boston

Wedding Ceremony - August 22nd 2004 at Sunset in Palos Verdes, CA

Adjustment of Status Application

Sent to Los Angeles District Office - October 1st 2004

Application Arrives At LA District Office - October 4th 2004

Checks Cashed By Los Angeles District Office - October 12th 2004

Fingerprinting in El Monte, CA - December 29th 2004

Approved CPR interview in Los Angeles, CA - March 4th 2005

I-751

Sent to Nebraska Service Center - 25th February 2007

NOA 1 - March 1st 2007

Biometrics Completed - April 12th 2007

6 Month Passport Stamped - March 3rd 2008

Card Production Ordered - June 10th 2008

N-400

N400 Received by Nebraska Service Center - December 17th 2007

NOA Date - December 21st 2007

Not heard anything since

Disclaimer: When replying to any messages, I am giving you my personal opinions, which might be accurate or might not be accurate. So always seek further advice!!

im annoyed at how people who filed in 2008 r citizens in a short period of time. i applied in nov2007 im still waiting how annoying is that? my application is not complex its simple so why am i waiting so long not only that but my background was cleared 4 months ago and the computer is looking for an interview date for me and still hasnt found it how lovely!

Hi flava,

don't feel too bad... put it this way, in life there are so many things UNFAIR... the system FIFO (first in first out) is not always been practiced justly. I understand your frustation and seeing many N400 filers from this year got their citizenship process done/completed from PD to Oath Ceremonies within less than 3 months (literally less than 90days), make me also wonder how come they can get so fast and not me???....

but don't forget there are tons of people out thee who also got stuck in this citizenship debacle process for 3 years, 2 years, heck 1 year for no apparent reason beside uscis workload complain (due to summer 2007 backlog) and any other reason (name check, backgroud check etc).

I am also impatient and I understand your worry too especially when family situation involved. My only suggestion is try to make the most out of this long waiting period and enjoy summer activities with your children and friends if you could...

just my 2 cents... hangin' there flava...

Edited by chitown

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

That's exactly how we felt when I-751 applicants 7-8 months behind us at the Nebraska Service Center were getting their ten year cards, with not even a dent in our case status. Thought maybe they lost our application that led me to contacting our senators office.

N-400 is a bit different in that both the service and field offices are involved and each different field office appears to be showing different time frames form application date to the interview date. If some are getting it in 90 days, why do we have to wait 109 days?

You can write your representative at:

https://forms.house.gov/wyr/welcome.shtml

And your senator at:

http://www.senate.gov/reference/common/faq...ct_senators.htm

They make it real easy on line, we were sent a release form from each to give both our congressman and senator to review our case.

I feel your frustration... I applied for citizenship in December 2007 and I am still waiting for a biometrics appointment... Although, I am presently more worried about my I-751 application which still "being processed"...

The last officer I talked to setup an inquiry for the I-751 (which is now 6 months out of their projected times) but said that they wouldn't touch my N-400 until they had processed the I-751 (including the biometrics)... Something definitely smells fishy so I am in the process of writing a letter to setup a congressional inquiry...

I know how you feel about the pending I751. Look at my timeline and you will see that you are not alone. My I751 was approved with my N400. The officer told me during the N400 interview that I would not get my 10 year green card since she was approving my Naturalization Appl. Good luck and don't believe everything they tell you during infopass. I contacted my congresswoman about the pending I751 and when her office called sometime in March 08 they said that it was approved at the same time my N400 was approved so maybe by involving your congresswoman/man you may get a better answer than they give you at infopass. I sent the removal of condition form in 07/06. I believe that the only reason it got approved is because I got the N400 approved, which forced the adjudication of the I751.

Permanent Residence Card Timeline

09.14.04: Conditional PR granted

06.14.06: I-751 sent

07.07.06: NOA extending GC for a year

07.24.07: Biometrics Appt

09.10.07: Called 1-800 to inquire about Status

09.14.07: Conditional GC expired :(

09.24.07: Received Letter dated 09.19.07 -->Case pending Officer review

10.15.07: Another useless call to 1-800 line

11.13.07: Infopass Appt to inquire about I-751 status - Letter to Ombudsman sent.

12.08.07: Letter from Ombudsman received. Formal inquiry initiated. I should hear back from USCIS within 45 days.

01.05.08: Response from USCIS received: Required Review still in process. Contacted Congresswoman office.

Approved per Congresswoman's office response given in March 08.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Citizenship Timeline

11.05.07: N-400 Submitted

11.08.07: N-400 Application Received

11.14.07: N-400 Application Check Cashed!!

12.03.07: NOA Receipt Received - Priority Date:11/08/07

12.08.07: NOA 2 --> Fingerprint Notification Received. Scheduled date is 12.31.07

01.12.08: NOA 3 --> Interview Appt Letter. Interview date is 03.04 at 9:40AM

03.04.08: Interview done. I should hear from them soon.

04.07.08: Oath Ceremony Letter Received!!!

05.02.08: Oath Ceremony completed. I am now an American Citizen

thats a bunch of baloney about how they r soOOo stressed out cuz of the exceedingly wicked year they had in june 2007 when the fees went up. how the heck r u going to say that when people in front of u who applied in march2008 r citizens now within 90 days? WHY arent these people with us people who r given reasons waiting long? why do we have to be told to understand that the waiting time long due to the rise of applications when at the same time the may2008 folks r citizens? im just so pissed off i hate how this is working.

Timeline

A friend of my wife had her application lost and if she didn't contact her congressman or senator, would still be waiting. She had to resubmit her I-751 and proof and was handled right away, the applied for her N-400 that went real fast for her. It's possible they did misplace your application so you do need a little authority to help you out.

Can you write in plain English to both those links above? Our application wasn't lost and each congressman has a case worker that deals with just immigration issues and has a direct line with someone there that knows what's going on. Do it!

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline
thats a bunch of baloney about how they r soOOo stressed out cuz of the exceedingly wicked year they had in june 2007 when the fees went up. how the heck r u going to say that when people in front of u who applied in march2008 r citizens now within 90 days? WHY arent these people with us people who r given reasons waiting long? why do we have to be told to understand that the waiting time long due to the rise of applications when at the same time the may2008 folks r citizens? im just so pissed off i hate how this is working.

At least now, this is a situation that is based on your DO not your Service Center. We had to wait more than 11 months for our greencard's conditions to be removed, while some only had like 8 weeks. It wasn't fair - this whole process isn't fair. And let's be honest, does anyone really understand the motives of USCIS - probably not, probably not even them. Aside from that, it really was documented that the cost increase jammed the Service Centers which in turn jammed the District Offices - that is a fact, and USCIS wasn't prepared at all for what they got.

Now, on to your predicament, one doesn't need to have citizenship to really manuever around the country - and you only need citizenship if you want to vote, have a federal job, bring family members over (parents, siblings, children) or apply for US passport. I believe that you as an LPR can apply for your husband to come over. And with the shi**y living conditions you have with your father, what are you waiting for? If you want him here so bad do it. You actually could have done it when you were married originally. Check it out here:

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-130instr.pdf

One other thing, I have heard from pretty reliable sources that people who continuously call and harass USCIS are moved to the bottom of the pile...they seem to hate people who ask them over and over again about their case status, so they get revenge by not doing anything with your application. Now, I don't want to say that this is what has happened to you, but your calls and questions seem to be a tad ridiculous and this is just me...I'm not the IO listening to you complain on the other side. I don't mean any disrespect but you are not doing yourself any favors by constantly calling them. Face the facts, honey, you live in the most densely populated immigration DO - NY, NY - it doesn't get any crappier than that.

This is your life...you chose to live it. You could conceivably pack your stuff up, leave your father's home and take yourself to your husband's country. See, that is the great thing about the USA - no one is holding a gun to your head saying "you better stay here". But no, you just want to b!tch everyday about how ticked off you are. Is it worth it? Probably not.

As I said, I don't mean any disrespect, and I'm normally not this harsh, but you are a grown woman...deal with your life, take the steps to change your situation, and quit complaining about it.

Timeline

I had a bad experience with my ex running up a huge debt and was called into court with a foolproof case, had a court order stating that I was no longer liable for her debts and felt I could represent myself. Plaintiff attorney comes in with a complete contradicting state statue and the judge rules in favor of him, I got stuck with that debt. Hell, we have a country that is run by attorneys and our laws are made so you need an attorney to protect yourself.

When it came to immigration, heck you can do it yourself, like flava, I had complications and this was way too important for me to try and figure out the best way to handle this. It's not only a question of finding an attorney, and this is really the hard part, is finding a darn good attorney. Did a background check on the guy I hired and learned he was really on top of this subject by writing a lot of published articles on this subject. This guy eats, sleeps, and lives immigration law, but nevertheless, he is an attorney. We agreed on a flat rate contract and spelled out what he would do and what I would do, but how to do it, had to trust him on that, but did some research on my own. Everything went as smooth as silk and I was pleased to pay his bill.

Ironically when it came to the I-751 and N-400, he didn't want to take my case, was way too busy with that H1B stuff, but said would look over my forms before I sent them in with a few suggested changes, I insisted on paying for this, he said he was happy to do this. We did work closely for well over a year back then.

Met my new sister-in-law with her immigration problems, can't help you, but can recommend a good attorney, no thanks but thanks, I can handle this myself. Okay. My attorney could not help me with expediting our I-751 that was causing severe hardships, but told me what I can do to handle it, namely contacting my senator and congressman.

Sounds like what Staashi is saying, you are going about this the wrong way and perhaps causing more damage than good, I was cautioned equally by my attorney not to harass the USCIS. And also know there are social programs to help you find your own place to live, help you find a job, and even daycare centers so you can change your day to day life. But have to agree, doesn't help to ###### about it, you have to take action.

i dont call the uscis and harass them i talk to them nicely and they talk nicely also.. i dont demand answers.. i ask them do u have any idea or a guess on when they might call me for the interview..and they give me their answer or their guess they dont attack me or become rude..and also shaasti i did apply for my husband ASAP after getting married and his case is pending his PD is not current infact i mentioned that the PD for relative petitions went BACKWARDS A YEAR AND A HALF or else he would have been here by now,,its up to immigration to move forward or stay stuck or go behind and they went behind!! then when moving forward they were getting stuck in the same month over and over..its been 5 years do u belive this? i am doing something about i filed the n-400 so i can update his case status and get him here faster. meanwhile they r giving citizenship to people who applied in march may june2008 rather then me whos waiting nov2007.so before u can say "do something about this ur a grown woman" what do u think i am doing? if what i just explained to u seems like im not doing anything then please tell me what u think i should be doing i would be thankful.

Timeline
i dont call the uscis and harass them i talk to them nicely and they talk nicely also.. i dont demand answers.. i ask them do u have any idea or a guess on when they might call me for the interview..and they give me their answer or their guess they dont attack me or become rude..and also shaasti i did apply for my husband ASAP after getting married and his case is pending his PD is not current infact i mentioned that the PD for relative petitions went BACKWARDS A YEAR AND A HALF or else he would have been here by now,,its up to immigration to move forward or stay stuck or go behind and they went behind!! then when moving forward they were getting stuck in the same month over and over..its been 5 years do u belive this? i am doing something about i filed the n-400 so i can update his case status and get him here faster. meanwhile they r giving citizenship to people who applied in march may june2008 rather then me whos waiting nov2007.so before u can say "do something about this ur a grown woman" what do u think i am doing? if what i just explained to u seems like im not doing anything then please tell me what u think i should be doing i would be thankful.

Look, first and foremost, in regards to the way you speak to immigration every three to four days, you post a new topic about how you have called immigration to ask them about your case. So, that is where I’m basing this post from. Second, you might talk to them all nice and sweet, but you still called them – that’s the point. Each time you call them and have them look up your information, they put that in your file. You can be as sweet as honey, but you’re still bothering them even after they’ve told you that your case is within normal processing timeframes. Furthermore, your husband’s I-130 is processing like all the others. It just takes time.

One other thing, you have never posted a timeline or anything about where you or your husband are from. Take a moment and give us a framework and basis for what you’ve been dealing with. We have no idea if you’re from a country that might have favored nation status, a MENA country, a Latin-American country or wherever – all of which are factors that can play into how quick some things are processed. Put your information in as to when you came to the US, when you applied for certain immigration benefits, and put that info down for your husband, too.

Third, on the grown woman fact, yes, Flava, if you’re not happy with your situation change it. You can move out, find a new place to live. You are an LPR, who can work and earn an income, and rent a place to live. If it is too expensive, well then, that is something that you cannot change and you’ll have to bite your lip and tolerate your life. But here’s the kicker – even when your husband comes, do you think he’ll be able to instantly jump right in to the workforce and start earning enough to contribute and support your family? That will take some time, too.

As I said in my original post, I knew my response would seem harsh, but the attitude you put forth every day on each one of your posts is super-negative and I just finally had to let you know that it impacts everything. Frustration with immigration is natural, but getting ticked off at the people who applied recently for their N-400 and are getting approved – it’s not their fault. They didn’t choose to speed up anything with USCIS – CIS did.

im not mad at the people ofcourse. as u have i am saying why is immigration telling us to understand the processing wait times when its giving citizenship to people who applied mid2008,,why arent they told to wait why r we told to wait months.its all about what i said immigration is messed up..and oh one more thing this one time a few weeks b4 i called them and i told them i called a few days b4 and they said u can call all day all night as long as our offices r open its ur case u want to know ur status theres nothing wrong with that. before she hung up she repeated this so basically i call them but not everyday maybe like 2 weeks apart. and isnt that what they get paid for to answer calls based on peoples files? i dont know thats just my guess r they supposed to say.. "oh she called so many times hmmm lets mess with her and pull her way back hahahaha!" i really dont know r they that immature? im confused! and my time line for my husband is april2004.. so his PD is 2004 of april..now they r having the dates this month 2003 july..so hes like almost a year behind..check this out......2005 everything was moving smoothly till the dates went a year and a half backwards and then jammed on a single month for 6 months then again jammed for a few months on the same month,,so not only did it go back a year it got stuck on same month..last time i spoke to the IO he said after the fingers and background is cleared they put u in a line and that takes between 90-130 days he claims they will call me this month. and as i have said why would i want to leave the usa a country i grew up in since i was 3 years old. i dont know any other place but the usa..i cant give that up..people who just came to the usa r never going to even think about leaving so why would a person who spent his/her entire life since childhood to adult leave..we'll the point to all this is and was that people who r way behind me got their citizenship i think i have a reason to be annoyed but things happen for a reason.

Perhaps those folks that were naturalised so quickly had names that were easier to check, or didn't have any hits in the IBIS system. You haven't told us your name, so how can anyone comment, or at least, how can anyone try to rationalise why your application is taking longer?

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Timeline
and my time line for my husband is april2004.. so his PD is 2004 of april..now they r having the dates this month 2003 july..so hes like almost a year behind..check this out......2005 everything was moving smoothly till the dates went a year and a half backwards and then jammed on a single month for 6 months then again jammed for a few months on the same month,,so not only did it go back a year it got stuck on same month..

You don't get it...fill in your timeline. Look at your name on the screen, where it says "Timeline" - you have nothing. Write something down. Your profile is super vague. Fill us in and maybe we can help you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.