decker

Fiance is pregnant!

10 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hello from Alaska USA! I am a newbie to this forum. I have a question I hope you folks can help me with. I met Linh in October and we corresponded regularly. I have gone to HCM to meet her twice now (FEB 2008 AND MAY 2008) and we are going to apply for the K1 visa. I called her last night and she says she is now pregnant. Question is should we wait to apply for a K1 until after our child is born or can we forge ahead as is? If we can apply now, how do I list our child on the I-129?

I have a long road ahead as you all well know. I will be picking your brains a lot. Thank you for your help and good luck to you all.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Hello from Alaska USA! I am a newbie to this forum. I have a question I hope you folks can help me with. I met Linh in October and we corresponded regularly. I have gone to HCM to meet her twice now (FEB 2008 AND MAY 2008) and we are going to apply for the K1 visa. I called her last night and she says she is now pregnant. Question is should we wait to apply for a K1 until after our child is born or can we forge ahead as is? If we can apply now, how do I list our child on the I-129?

I have a long road ahead as you all well know. I will be picking your brains a lot. Thank you for your help and good luck to you all.

Apply now for the K-1. You can apply for a Consular Birth Abroad, US Social Security number, and US passport (for your child) if your child is born overseas. You can add your child when he/she is born later in the process, and if you take care of all of your child's dual citizen paperwork, the child will not need a visa. If you're in Anchorage, you can go down to the Immigration Office at 10th and Gambell and they can help you fill the paperwork out. You probably won't need a lawyer with the vast resources on this site, but if you decide to get one, I can tell you who not to get in Anchorage!

Edited by Eric_and_Corinna

Timeline

7/11/2007 - I-130 NO1A Hard Copy

8/13/2007 - Son Drayson born in Sudbury, Ontario.

9/6/2007 - I-129F NO1

10/15/2007 - Trip to Toronto for Dray's Consular Birth Abroad, SS application, and US passport

3/18/2008 - NOA2 for both I-129 and I-130!! No touches or email notifications at all!

4/2/2008 - estimated that NVC received

4/9/2008 - estimated that K-3 was sent from NVC to USEMontreal

4/16/2008 - Received hardcopy from NVC

4/16/2008 - Packet 3 Received

4/24/2008 - Packet 3 Sent to USEMontreal

7/14/2008 Interview in Montreal!!!!

7/17/2008 Visa received

7/18/2008 POE Sault Ste Marie Michigan

8/21/2008 moving day...back to Anchorage, Alaska!

4/20/2009 AOS granted, 10 year Green Card arrives, Social Security # given :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

For immigration purposes, your child is not a child until born.. Dependand on where you are in the process when that happens, will determine how you deal with that situation.... Besides, when born your child will most likely have a claim to US citizenship and therefore will not require a visa but a US passport. Pregnancy is not a reason to wait to petition, if you do not want to.

Edited by fwaguy

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Welcome to VJ and Congrats to you both. Best of luck with a speedy journey.

K-1 journey, AOS/EAD and ROC in my timeline

2011 March 31 - Sent off Naturalization pkg overnight to Texas

2011 April 1 - Arrived in Texas at 10:21 am

2011 April 1 - NOA (rec'd via snail mail April 8)

2011 April 7 - Cheque cashed

2011 May 5 - Biometrics (letter rec'd via snail mail April 15)

2011 May 9 - Placed in line for interview scheduling

2011 June 13 - Rec'd yellow letter (no change in status online)

2011 June 23 - Rec'd text that my case has been scheduled for interview

2011 August 1 - Interview (rec'd via snail mail June 27) PASSED

2011 August 3 - Rec'd email that my case has been scheduled for Oath

2011 September 1 - Oath ceremony (rec'd snail mail Aug 5)

2011 September 1 - All done, yeah.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

In the case the baby is born while your fiance is still Vietnam, this is what you need to do: Report of Birth Abroad - U.S. Embassy Hanoi, Vietnam.

APPLIED FOR NATURALIZATION 07/2021

08.01.2011 - I-751 SENT

08.05.2011 - Check cashed

08.08.2011- NOA Received

08.19.2011 - Biometrics Letter Received

09.12.2011 - Biometrics Appointment

01.27.2012 - Card production ordered

02.01.2012 - 10 year GC Received

07.25.2021 - N400 filed online

08.09.2021- Biometrics re-use notice

04.18.2022- Interview done at Minneapolis USCIS Local Office   ✔️ Received N-652 "Congratulations your application has been recommended for approval" during the interview.

05.19.2022- Oath Ceremony in MN

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Congratulations on the baby.

You are going thru the toughest Consulate, so prepare very carefully and be throughal. B_weeks just returned from there with his fiancee and got a pink slip on the first try. His fiancee is pregnant. He can give you insight on what you should do.

I don't know how long it will take for you since you're going thru Nebraska but from the Vj timeline it looks like it's a bit shorter than CA. If you file now, the wait for the interview day will be around the time she gives birth depending on how long she has been pregnant.

My advice is to start the process so the birth and interveiw date are not close, advise the USCIS in your I-129f about the baby as well as the rest of your relationship. From what I've seen here at Vj, proactive usually works better than waiting for the USCIS or Consulate to ask for documents. With that in mind, I would gather any evidence that would prove the baby is yours as well as showing them that you are taking action now about your future child and wife. Then prepare your I-129f #18 statement and proof of ongoing relationship completely so the USCIS and HCMC Consulate have no questions about your case.

Good Luck!!!

Peter and Thi

I-129F Sent : 2007-05-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-06-11

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-10-26

Touched: 2007-11-02

NVC Recieved: 2007-11-16

Consulate recieved ??????

Packet 3 sent 2007-12-11

Packet 3 received 2007-12-24

Packet 3 returned 2007-12-28

Packet 4 sent 2008-1-14

Email Reply with Interview Date 2008-1-23

Interview Date 2008-2-27

Passed Interview 2008-02-27

Visa Pick Up Date 2008-3-05

Received Visa 2008-2-29 (called to pick up earlier)

POE 2008-3-05 Los Angeles

Wedding 2008-4-26

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Congratulations on the baby.

You are going thru the toughest Consulate, so prepare very carefully and be throughal. B_weeks just returned from there with his fiancee and got a pink slip on the first try. His fiancee is pregnant. He can give you insight on what you should do.

I don't know how long it will take for you since you're going thru Nebraska but from the Vj timeline it looks like it's a bit shorter than CA. If you file now, the wait for the interview day will be around the time she gives birth depending on how long she has been pregnant.

My advice is to start the process so the birth and interveiw date are not close, advise the USCIS in your I-129f about the baby as well as the rest of your relationship. From what I've seen here at Vj, proactive usually works better than waiting for the USCIS or Consulate to ask for documents. With that in mind, I would gather any evidence that would prove the baby is yours as well as showing them that you are taking action now about your future child and wife. Then prepare your I-129f #18 statement and proof of ongoing relationship completely so the USCIS and HCMC Consulate have no questions about your case.

Good Luck!!!

Peter and Thi

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

Packet 3 sent 2007-12-11

Packet 4 sent 2008-1-14

Interview Date 2008-2-27

Wedding 2008-4-26

Actually I think Nebraska forwards the I-129F's to California or Vermont Peter. They don't list the 129f in their processing times.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...&page=times

The Consulate may ask you for a DNA test also. Good luck.

Be careful!

Good friend of mine brought over his pregnant lady on a K1.

3 years later he found out he wasn't the biological pop!

He still loves the kid but they are divorced.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
Be careful!

Good friend of mine brought over his pregnant lady on a K1.

3 years later he found out he wasn't the biological pop!

He still loves the kid but they are divorced.

That's a little out of line Haole. I'm sure you mean well but I'm also sure the O/P is aware of the risks in any relationship.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Actually I think Nebraska forwards the I-129F's to California or Vermont Peter. They don't list the 129f in their processing times.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...&page=times

The Consulate may ask you for a DNA test also. Good luck.

I just checked the USCIS site and as of July 20,2007, you send your I-129f to Ca.....

While I didn't want to say DNA test, you're right that would be good evidence to have for the I-129f along with the rest.

Peter and Thi

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

Packet 3 sent 2007-12-11

Packet 4 sent 2008-1-14

Interview Date 2008-2-27

Wedding 2008-4-26

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.