Leafgal

Air Conditioner for Bedroom - Any Brand that is bad

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I am going to buy a new A/C unit for the bedroom hopefully tonight. I have looked online and Haier seems to be a good deal but some of the reviews say it is loud for a bedroom. Can anyone weigh in here with any recommendations.

K-1 journey, AOS/EAD and ROC in my timeline

2011 March 31 - Sent off Naturalization pkg overnight to Texas

2011 April 1 - Arrived in Texas at 10:21 am

2011 April 1 - NOA (rec'd via snail mail April 8)

2011 April 7 - Cheque cashed

2011 May 5 - Biometrics (letter rec'd via snail mail April 15)

2011 May 9 - Placed in line for interview scheduling

2011 June 13 - Rec'd yellow letter (no change in status online)

2011 June 23 - Rec'd text that my case has been scheduled for interview

2011 August 1 - Interview (rec'd via snail mail June 27) PASSED

2011 August 3 - Rec'd email that my case has been scheduled for Oath

2011 September 1 - Oath ceremony (rec'd snail mail Aug 5)

2011 September 1 - All done, yeah.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

i take it this is a window unit?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
I am going to buy a new A/C unit for the bedroom hopefully tonight. I have looked online and Haier seems to be a good deal but some of the reviews say it is loud for a bedroom. Can anyone weigh in here with any recommendations.

We bought this model from air-n-water.com a couple of months ago.

The NewAir AC-12000E is the Smallest, Lightest Portable 12,000 BTU Air Conditioner! New NanoMax technology removes condensation for less frequent draining. FREE GROUND SHIPPING! (see the ratings)

http://www.air-n-water.com/product/AC-12000E.htm

It arrived the next day, but the warehouse is only about 20 miles from our home. We've only had to use it a few times but so far, I think it works well.

I noticed a similar one being sold at Costco for about the same price. With Costco, you can pretty much count on the product being reliable and returning it would be easier than trying to return one that is shipped to you. :)

Edited by Jabberwocky

Timeline

Thanks for everyones input and yes I was meaning a window unit lol.

Jenn is it as brutally hot there, so bad here in the upper 90's for almost a week now and no rain so the poor grass is dying.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Jenn is it as brutally hot there, so bad here in the upper 90's for almost a week now and no rain so the poor grass is dying.

Only the third day of 90+ here, but around these parts that makes it officially a heat wave. Went to put in our unit on Saturday and it wouldn't turn on! :crying: Hope to get a good recommendation in here, but if not I will be buying whatever's at the store, if anything!

Timeline

Yes exactly what I will be doing whatever I can get. We want to get 2, but only desperate for the bedroom one for today else we will be sleeping in the living room on air mattresses tonight since it is sooooo very hot upstairs. We currently have one up in our room but it is old and is not working well with the heat up there so it is time for a new one for sure.

Yeah Costco rox. I don't care what they say!

woot!!

I can check consumer reports online if anyone is interested.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Only the third day of 90+ here, but around these parts that makes it officially a heat wave. Went to put in our unit on Saturday and it wouldn't turn on! :crying: Hope to get a good recommendation in here, but if not I will be buying whatever's at the store, if anything!
90+ oF in DC area as well. AC constantly in operation we have in-apartment temp of 82 (thermostat at "Jimmy-Carter-recommended" 78).

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Timeline

woot!!

I am definately interested. Turns out we won't be able to go and get one tonight now anyways, but tomorrow for sure. I will check back later to see what you were able to come up with. We are looking for either a 6,000 or 8,000 BTU it is for the bedroom which is approx 210 sq ft. Anything you come up with would be greatly appreciated.

CherryXS I know I am dying with a 2,000 ft house and 2 window units, hence the need for a better one for upstairs so we can sleep better. Was at a neighbours house today and their central air is going non stop and it is 81 in there as well, really nice when you come in from outside but about 45 minutes later and I am hot as heck again lol.

woot!!

I am definately interested. Turns out we won't be able to go and get one tonight now anyways, but tomorrow for sure. I will check back later to see what you were able to come up with. We are looking for either a 6,000 or 8,000 BTU it is for the bedroom which is approx 210 sq ft. Anything you come up with would be greatly appreciated.

CherryXS I know I am dying with a 2,000 ft house and 2 window units, hence the need for a better one for upstairs so we can sleep better. Was at a neighbours house today and their central air is going non stop and it is 81 in there as well, really nice when you come in from outside but about 45 minutes later and I am hot as heck again lol.

CR Quick Recommendations Air conditioners

Fine cooling performance is a given. Top-scoring models are also energy efficient and relatively quiet. Remember that the more off-center your window, the more an air conditioner's air direction matters. Check the Airflow left and Airflow right columns in the Ratings for this information.

The Ratings rank models by overall performance within size groups. Quick Picks highlights models that combine performance, features, and value. Buy the highest-rated model within your budget that meets this need and that has other attributes you may favor, such as a top score for noise.

Best small air conditioners:

• GE ASM06LK , $200

• Frigidaire FAA067P7A (Lowe's) , $150, CR Best Buy

• GE ASM05LK , $180

All of these models excel in energy efficiency, come with a remote control, and have a built-in timer that lets you turn the unit on or off at a preset time. The Frigidaire has a dirty-filter indicator light. If your area is prone to brownouts, consider the GE ASM06LK and the Frigidaire.

Best midsized models; both are CR Best Buys:

• GE ASM08LK , $260, CR Best Buy

• Kenmore (Sears) 76081 , $230, CR Best Buy

Both are excellent at handling brownout conditions, have a built-in timer, and come with a slide-out chassis that simplifies installation. The Kenmore is capable and inexpensive. The GE is quieter on its high setting and is better at blowing air to the right.

Best large air conditioners:

• GE ASM10AK , $300

• Kenmore (Sears) 75101 , $300

• Haier ESA3105 , $240, CR Best Buy

• Frigidaire FAC107P1A (Lowe's) , $240, CR Best Buy

All except the Haier are excellent at handling brownouts. All have a built-in timer and a remote control. The Frigidaire, which is the only one of these that doesn't have a slide-out chassis, has a dirty-filter indicator light.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG