prismsailor1

What do we have to do?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

hello my name is Kat and I am an american but my boyfriend is in Casablanca, Morocco! I love him very much. We would like to get married but I am not sure what we are going to have to go through to get him here. The distance at this point is driving me insane :crying: . I know it is going to take a while because I left my husband almost 3 years ago and am not divorced yet. I can not get ahold of him to get a divorce.But I am working on it! :thumbs: .Anywho I would just like to know where we start?? Please help me!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
hello my name is Kat and I am an american but my boyfriend is in Casablanca, Morocco! I love him very much. We would like to get married but I am not sure what we are going to have to go through to get him here. The distance at this point is driving me insane :crying: . I know it is going to take a while because I left my husband almost 3 years ago and am not divorced yet. I can not get ahold of him to get a divorce.But I am working on it! :thumbs: .Anywho I would just like to know where we start?? Please help me!

You can start nothing to do with the visa/immigration process until after you have a final divorce decree in hand. In the meantime, feel welcome to study the guides here and learn the process.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

You can start nothing to do with the visa/immigration process until after you have a final divorce decree in hand. In the meantime, feel welcome to study the guides here and learn the process.

thank you :crying:

I recommend reading the guides. Actually, I URGE you to read the guides. You will definitely have a way better understanding of the process and what's needed to start your "visa journey".

Good luck

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I'm no expert on the filing of papers....but my wife says that you can not start any papers until after the divorce or you could get in serious trouble legally. The best thing to do is:

1. Track down your husband.

2. Obtain a legal divorce and get your decree in you hand.

3. Once you are divorced go to meet your boyfriend and if you want to marry (after the divorce) do it, but get your divorce before you do anything!

In the meantime keep the communication with your Moroccan boyfriend going, cheer up and try not to cry too much, we all miss our sweethearts and hate the distances! You have come to the right place for support and advice. Good luck! :-)

:dance:

I recommend reading the guides. Actually, I URGE you to read the guides. You will definitely have a way better understanding of the process and what's needed to start your "visa journey".

Good luck

Edited by Karim Luvs Maysa

"All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt." ~Charles M. Schulz

ticker_43d762ca733a839226415450b0dbf9d2.png

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
I'm no expert on the filing of papers....but my wife says that you can not start any papers until after the divorce or you could get in serious trouble legally. The best thing to do is:

1. Track down your husband.

2. Obtain a legal divorce and get your decree in you hand.

3. Once you are divorced go to meet your boyfriend and if you want to marry (after the divorce) do it, but get your divorce before you do anything!

In the meantime keep the communication with your Moroccan boyfriend going, cheer up and try not to cry too much, we all miss our sweethearts and hate the distances! You have come to the right place for support and advice. Good luck! :-)

:dance:

If need be most states have a way to get a divorce without tracking the former spouse down, called "notification by publication" or "service by publication".

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

First and foremost...track your husband and divorce him. Then when the divorce is final and you are still in love with your boyfriend, start working on his visa to get him to the States. Time and distance will determine if what you and your boyfriend feels for each other is true and lasting. Goodluck and I hope everything will turn out fine.

K1 visa
12.20.07 : NOA1
05.01.08 : NOA2
05.27.08 : MNL case number was received in the US
07.01.08 : interview
07.21.08 : visa on hand!!!
08.25.08 : POE:LAX
09.10.08 : applied for SSN
09.13.08 : just married!!!

11.03.08 : passed behind-the-wheel drive test

AOS
11.12.08 : Sent packet for AOS, EAD and AP
11.17.08 : Packet received at Chicago, IL (day 1)
11.24.08 : Check encashed (day 7)
12.17.08 : Biometrics! (day 30)
01.13.09 : AP and EAD approved (day 57)
01.20.09 : AP arrived in the mail (day 64)
01.22.09 : EAD card received (day 66)
04.20.09 : AOS interview
04.24.09 : Welcome letter received

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

You don't need to 'find' your 'husband' to divorce him. As pushbrk stated, you can file and if eh doesn't respond to the publication, they will grant you the divorce. Every state is different. You may also have a waiting period for the divorce to be considered final as well as a waiting period afterwards until which you can marry again. Know the laws of your state and get that decree. That is your first step!

timeline.jpg

You don't need to 'find' your 'husband' to divorce him. As pushbrk stated, you can file and if eh doesn't respond to the publication, they will grant you the divorce. Every state is different. You may also have a waiting period for the divorce to be considered final as well as a waiting period afterwards until which you can marry again. Know the laws of your state and get that decree. That is your first step!

Thank you everyone :) I have found a web site the will help me with a divorce for cheap so that helps out. If my state will let me I can get divorced for under 300!!! And again think you so very much :) And good luck to all of you as well <3

Edited by prismsailor1

I myself had a bit of a problem divorcing my ex wife who is American. As i'm from the UK and live here there was no easy route for me to divorce her in my own country as it was an international divorce.

I didn't know where she lived and she wouldn't say. It all boiled down to that she wanted thousands of $$$. In the end I did a search, got her address and filed at the nearest court in where she resided. It took 90 days as it was in Colorado. It only cost me about $190. I downloaded the divorce papers from the courts website and wooooooooooofffffffff, I did myself. I was damn surprised it was so easy.

beach_1_001.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.