cashel

A BIG BIG MISTAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...please help me to understand...

23 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline
She is Columbian, living in Jamaica. The Jamaican embassy is where she has to interview.

You are going to have to get through to the state department or the embassy and go see them to get it straightened. I don't want to be all gloom and doom; but knowing the JA embassy, if you deal with them, it will not be a quick resolution. It may even be a few weeks before you can get an appointment to see them. You MUST have an appointment to get into the JA embassy.

Does the visa actually say you are a Jamaican citizen or does it just say you received your visa through Jamaica? If it just says through JA, that probably is not an issue.

Male/Female is.

I hope you resolve it quickly.

The visa says that I am a Jamaica citizen....Gender: male....nationality: Jamaican

With this being their mistake there has got to be a way to get an earlier appointment. it's rediculous that USCIS is so callous. :angry:

This is not the USCIS.......this issue is most likely Jamaican. Dealing with that embassy can be a real challenge.

You are right. I just feel like anything having to do with immigration is achingly slow and none of them feel the need to take care of thigns in a timely manner. It's not fair. They messed up, she shouldn't have to pay for that.

I-130 for Two Step Children

App Recieved by USCIS: April 13, 2010

Notice Date: April 19, 2010

Notice Recieved: April 21, 2010

Touched: April 21, 2010

Touched: April 22, 2010

Approved:September 28,2010

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: France
Timeline
She is Columbian, living in Jamaica. The Jamaican embassy is where she has to interview.

You are going to have to get through to the state department or the embassy and go see them to get it straightened. I don't want to be all gloom and doom; but knowing the JA embassy, if you deal with them, it will not be a quick resolution. It may even be a few weeks before you can get an appointment to see them. You MUST have an appointment to get into the JA embassy.

Does the visa actually say you are a Jamaican citizen or does it just say you received your visa through Jamaica? If it just says through JA, that probably is not an issue.

Male/Female is.

The visa says that I am a Jamaica citizen....Gender: male....nationality: Jamaican

Have you tried to email or fax the embassy?? that would be much quicker then a info appointment, and maybe seeing a email or fax will have them correct the situation sooner!!

With this being their mistake there has got to be a way to get an earlier appointment. it's rediculous that USCIS is so callous. :angry:

This is not the USCIS.......this issue is most likely Jamaican. Dealing with that embassy can be a real challenge.

You are right. I just feel like anything having to do with immigration is achingly slow and none of them feel the need to take care of thigns in a timely manner. It's not fair. They messed up, she shouldn't have to pay for that.

Mohand Akli

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi you all!!!

I am feeling so sad today :crying: …I received the mail today with my VISA CR-1…I was so excited but when I opened my passport…I wanted to cry!!!!!...a big mistake in my visa…they wrote that I am from Jamaica and a man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....I am Colombian and I am a woman!!!!! Oh my god!!!!!!....I went to the Embassy immediately and I couldn’t go inside because the security men told me that I can’t go in because I don’t have any appointment for today!!!!!!....I called to the Embassy too and nobody has any solution….I was going to travel on June 19th …What Can I do now????...Somebody has any suggestion????....Somebody has been in my situation???....Please…tell me anything….I am feeling so sad!!!!!...thanks..

CASHEL :crying:

Im sorry to hear of your dilema but you should not have to pay for their mistakes. You should ask your SO to contact the DOS.

These people are crazy!!!! : :angry:

"Love is patient, love is kind, love keeps no record of wrongs"

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Male/Female is.

Have you tried to email or fax the embassy?? that would be much quicker then a info appointment, and maybe seeing a email or fax will have them correct the situation sooner!!

Fax or email the embassy. I've had better luck with emailing them or faxing them when I was doing paperwork for my wife with the U.S. Embassy Paris for her. Plus most likely will correct the situation sooner.

Mohand Akli

I think she should also try calling the Department of State because they can get in touch with the embassy faster to see how and when this can be corrected. Good luck and sorry for this dilemma after all that you have gone through to get to this point.

I agree. Get this fixed at the root. Wow what a mistake! :wacko:

AP: Over 1 year.

Visa: Nov 2

US Entry: Nov 13, Alhamdulillah.

BelieveButterflyfortile.jpgPrayerisPower_Cover.jpghello.gif

Filed: Other Timeline

Paris Husband -

Thanks for trying to help the OP, but her issue is with the Jamaican consulate, which operates much differently than Paris (unfortunately).

Jomo's Girl's advice is probably more accurate. As such, I think her American fiance needs to get pro-active about the visa error and phone up the State Department.

it sounds like the sort of serious thing they would want to correct immediately without an appointment and it's entirely their fault...... did you explain the situation to the officer?

I once had an error on my Naturalization certificate, and they let me in to correct it immediately without making an infopass appointment

I am so excited....The Embassy gave me a new appointment for the next Monday....I hope that they can fix their mistake quickly and i can travel very soon...i'll write you on Monday...I hope to have good news....thanks you all

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.