griz30

One Way Ticket Problem???? Help!

16 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

My fiancee just called me from Bangkok and they will only give her a ticket to dubai and not the connection ticket to NY....They asked her if she had $2000 on her so in case she needed to buy a return ticket back from NY to Bangkok. Will they give her the connection ticket once they see her passport again with the visa in it at the dubai airport?? I didn't think there would be any issues with a K1 visa and a one way ticket.......... Help

My fiancee just called me from Bangkok and they will only give her a ticket to dubai and not the connection ticket to NY....They asked her if she had $2000 on her so in case she needed to buy a return ticket back from NY to Bangkok. Will they give her the connection ticket once they see her passport again with the visa in it at the dubai airport?? I didn't think there would be any issues with a K1 visa and a one way ticket.......... Help

I did hear through the grapevine that some airlines wont issue a one way ticket to America, whether thats right or not i'm not sure.

Has your fiance called them to say she don't need a return ticket as she has the K1 visa? People mostly but a return ticket as it's sometimes cheaper than one way.

Good luck.

beach_1_001.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Any reason why she stops at Dubai? Why not take flight that is not stopping in Dubai if that would be the case? or much better to buy in the internet.

Thanks!!!

Happy trip!!!

ea924d6b6b.png

FILING FOR LIFTING OF CONDITION

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Unbelievable! After all you've already been through to get to this point. It must be so frustrating. There shouldn't be a problem getting a one way ticket when she's obviously not coming back any time soon.

I'm sorry I don't have any advice other than maybe talk to someone else or perhaps you can call and speak to someone with some authority. Maybe the USEM where the visa was issued can help you? Surely the airlines would know the K1 visa and what it means ....but really nothing surprises me anymore. :(

I hope she can get her ticket and will be home with you soon.

timeline.jpg

Timeline

I bought the ticket on the Internet a few a weeks ago, she is at the airport now...it was the quickest and cheapest flight I could find plus it only had one stop in it. They did give her the ticket to dubai...so either way she can't fly back right??? I really think they want to just double check to see if she has the right paperwork and visa is valid..they did give her a note that says transfer to NY.....my poor girl...

I could be wrong, but it sounds like they gave her a boarding pass to get on a plane to Dubai. Since you paid online, I am guessing she has a electronic ticket and when she gets to the airport she will check in and get a boarding pass which allows her to board the plane. You paid for the one-way ticket on the internet all the way to NY, right? I am suspecting that they only gave her a boarding pass to Dubai and then when she arrives there she will have to get her next boarding pass for the flight from Dubai to NY. Will she connect to a different airline in Dubai? That would make even more sense because the first airline cannot issue a boarding pass for the second one. As far as the $2000 for the return flight, I suspect they just asked because they don't understand the visa type and that she will not be returning.

As long as you paid for a ticket all the way to NY when you bought it, I don't think you have a problem.

Scott

Removing Conditions on Wife's GC

08/14/09-Mailed Packet to CSC

08/24/09-Packet Received at CSC

08/24/09-Check Cashed

09/16/09-NOA 1 Received (My Error)

09/16/09-Biometrics

10/20/09-Interview PASSED!!!!

10/28/09-Approval Notice Received via US Mail

AOS for Daughter's K-2

07/14/09 - Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

07/16/09 - Received AOS Packet in Chicago

07/27/09 - NOA1 Received

08/10/09 - Biometrics ---DONE!!!---

09/16/09 - Interview Date AOS Held Pending Outcome of Wife's I-751

10/20/09 - Mir Passes ROC Interview

10/23/09 - Email received-Card Production Ordered!Woohooo!!!

Timeline

No...its the same airline..thats whats confusing me. Right, if she was changing airlines then I could understand why just one ticket. I did buy the ticket all the way through and yeah..i'm thinking the same thing about their knowledge of the visa process...but all the same it is worrying her to death.....I wish I had the time to go with her..

Thats the downfall with those etickets. I bought a ticket leaving New Orleans- Gatwick. Arrived at the airport and they said they didn't have anything on there system with my name DUHHHH!!!!! What a carry on it was. Eventually after arguing with them for about 30 mins they eventually admitted it was a mistake on there end.

beach_1_001.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

We've bought several tickets to NZ/AUS and always with a stop over in LA. There have been times we have been issued a boarding pass for the next flight and other times we have not. All with partner airlines. All of our travel has been purchased online and not once have we had a problem. *knocking on wood*

Try not to worry too much.

She has her itinerary. She has her visa stamp in her passport. They have no reason not to send her on.

Edited by KimandRuss
timeline.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
I am ok there...she printed out the itineray (spell) so she has all the info with the confirm numbers..

is there anyway that u can call the airlines and make sure that its just they can not print the connecting flight ticket until she reaches Dubai and verify with them that once in Dubai a boarding pass will at that time be given to her? Sometimes when we travel we dont get boarding passes all the way thru we have to get one at a place that has our connecting flight because the airline does not have the ability to give a boarding pass for that country until u reach it...........

Try not to worry too much.

She has her itinerary. She has her visa stamp in her passport. They have no reason not to send her on.

I agree....try not to worry too much. You didn't say directly, but I will assume her itinerary says she is booked all the way to NY and so she should be fine. She just needs to check in again at the airport transfer counter for her airline in Dubai and she will get her second boarding pass to continue on from there to NY. Being that Dubai is in the heart of the middle east, I would not be suprised if they do it that way to check ID again before entering the USA. As long as her itinerary says you booked all the way to NY, I would not worry.

Scott

Removing Conditions on Wife's GC

08/14/09-Mailed Packet to CSC

08/24/09-Packet Received at CSC

08/24/09-Check Cashed

09/16/09-NOA 1 Received (My Error)

09/16/09-Biometrics

10/20/09-Interview PASSED!!!!

10/28/09-Approval Notice Received via US Mail

AOS for Daughter's K-2

07/14/09 - Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

07/16/09 - Received AOS Packet in Chicago

07/27/09 - NOA1 Received

08/10/09 - Biometrics ---DONE!!!---

09/16/09 - Interview Date AOS Held Pending Outcome of Wife's I-751

10/20/09 - Mir Passes ROC Interview

10/23/09 - Email received-Card Production Ordered!Woohooo!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Do whatever you have to do to get her here. It doesn't matter if it's a one-way or round trip because she's here to stay. What's important is that she arrives safely.

Good luck to you both.

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Just a guess...

The airline may have a policy of waiting for the first flight arrives in time for the connection before issuing the boarding pass. It could be that there is a history of delayed arrivals for that flight.

If the first flight arrives late, but she was already issued a boarding pass for the connection, then that is one seat on the plane that will be empty and not making money. Waiting until she physically arrives for check-in will avoid that, as well as the system and security hassle of deleting her from the first connecting flight and re-booking her on a second.

12-18-06 Began investigating K1 process<3

--------------------

01-10-08 K-1 PETITION SUBMITTED

07-18-08 INTERVIEW... APPROVED!!! (190 long days)

09-02-08 MARRIED <3

--------------------

04-07-09 AOS APPROVED (196 days)

--------------------

07-21-11 ROC APPROVED

--------------------

09-13-13 N-400 NATURALIZATION PETITION FINALLY SUBMITTED

10-23-13 IN LINE FOR INTERVIEW

01-11-14 RECEIVED INTERVIEW LETTER

02-10-14 INTERVIEW DATE & OATH DONE... US CITIZEN!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.