miss*cordova

I-129F packet question

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Hey all, I am new here and also new at applying for the k-1 visa!

I have all of the information to send in, but I have a question:

When I was in Quito, getting ready to return to the states, my fiancé and I decided it might be a good idea to go to a lawyers down there and see if they could help us in any way getting some information about what we may need to get this whole thing going. They made me sign this declaration that said that we have a relationship and an ongoing relationship. I signed this in front of a notary. Also, they made me go get my information that showed that I have been in and out of the country and when, this is also notarized.

So now I have this packet which includes (with a notary/official looking cover, it's all stapled together):

1. A copy of my declaration, signed by me and the notary

2. Copy of the first page of my passport (signed by notary)

3. Copy of my fiancé's identification card and voter's registration card (signed by notary)

4. Copy of my fiancé's movement in and out of the country (there wasn't any)

5. Copy of my movement in and out of the country (shows I came in 2006 and again in 2008, proof that I was in Ecuador to meet him)

6. Copy of my fiancé's birth certificate

7. A signed page saying that all this information is correct, it is stamped and has an official looking sticker.

Ok, first question:

This is all in Spanish, if I send this in will it be a problem? Will they need a translation?

Second Question:

I don't want to send them the original copy, would it be acceptable for me to send a copy of these things? Would it be helpful at all any of this information?

Sorry, this may seem like a lot of information but I just want everything to be right when I send it.

Thanks!

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Guayaquil, Ecuador

06-06-08: I-129F Sent

06-09-08: I-129F Received

06-10-08: NOA1 (online)

06-12-08: Check Cashed

06-16-08: NOA1 (hard copy)

awaiting semi-patiently for my life to arrive...

7313.gif

7068.gif

7316.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

When I was in Quito, getting ready to return to the states, my fiancé and I decided it might be a good idea to go to a lawyers down there and see if they could help us in any way getting some information about what we may need to get this whole thing going. They made me sign this declaration that said that we have a relationship and an ongoing relationship. I signed this in front of a notary. Also, they made me go get my information that showed that I have been in and out of the country and when, this is also notarized.

So now I have this packet which includes (with a notary/official looking cover, it's all stapled together):

3. Copy of my fiancé's identification card and voter's registration card (signed by notary)

5. Copy of my movement in and out of the country (shows I came in 2006 and again in 2008, proof that I was in Ecuador to meet him)

7. A signed page saying that all this information is correct, it is stamped and has an official looking sticker.

Ok, first question:

This is all in Spanish, if I send this in will it be a problem? Will they need a translation?

Second Question:

I don't want to send them the original copy, would it be acceptable for me to send a copy of these things? Would it be helpful at all any of this information?

Sorry, this may seem like a lot of information but I just want everything to be right when I send it.

Thanks!

im pretty much thinking it has to be all translated into english

Timeline

Ok, first question:

Second Question:

Thanks!

My proof of ongoing relationship (our chats and emails) are also in Spanish. Do those need to be translated? Do I translate everything or do I have to get someone professional to do it?

7313.gif

7068.gif

7316.gif

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Ok, first question:

Second Question:

Thanks!

My proof of ongoing relationship (our chats and emails) are also in Spanish. Do those need to be translated? Do I translate everything or do I have to get someone professional to do it?

Hi, I am not the expert but I think only official documents like birth certificates need translation to English... chats and emails can be in any tongue! :-) They just want to see you WERE chatting, not what you said exactly. Hope this helps!

ILOVETAN

Timeline

4.3.3)...Do I need documents translated into english for the K1 application?

A..On the checklist the K-1 fiance/e receives it states that English or the native language where the consulate is located is acceptable. If the Consulate *must* have english translations, it will be stated on the checklist.

A..While the translation of documents may not be required for the K-1 visa, the translation of foreign language documents WILL be required for adjustment of status. If your language is different from English, I would tactfully suggest that the foreign fiance get translations *prior* to entering the US on the k-1 visa. See this note on translations.

Well this answers one of my questions.

7313.gif

7068.gif

7316.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Since you have to have them for the adjustment period you may as well do it. Many people have translated the supporting documents themselves having only certain things notarized. Some consulates are quite particular, regardless of what it says on their website. Your best bet is to check your 'portal' (top of page) for others who are going through Ecuador and get your information from them.

You didn't mention any I-129f or all copies of the G-325A for both of you. Also...ummm the check. ;) You may have just left them out of your post because they're obvious but I figured I should mention it since many people here have been misguided. Also, your 'proof of having travelled'... is this the copies of your passport stamps that show your entry/exit to Ecuador? Do you have any proof that it was HIM you went to see? Proof of having met in person is one of the most important details for the petition part of the process. Be sure to check out the guides.

good luck. :)

timeline.jpg

Timeline
Since you have to have them for the adjustment period you may as well do it. Many people have translated the supporting documents themselves having only certain things notarized. Some consulates are quite particular, regardless of what it says on their website. Your best bet is to check your 'portal' (top of page) for others who are going through Ecuador and get your information from them.

You didn't mention any I-129f or all copies of the G-325A for both of you. Also...ummm the check. ;) You may have just left them out of your post because they're obvious but I figured I should mention it since many people here have been misguided. Also, your 'proof of having travelled'... is this the copies of your passport stamps that show your entry/exit to Ecuador? Do you have any proof that it was HIM you went to see? Proof of having met in person is one of the most important details for the petition part of the process. Be sure to check out the guides.

good luck. :)

Yes, this was a packet given to me by the lawyers in Quito. I also have other stuff in the packet, all the stuff it says ti out in for the guides.

I have pictures of us together, but that is about it for the proof that I went to see him...will that be enough? I mean I have proof that I went to Ecuador...so I hope that's good enough.

7313.gif

7068.gif

7316.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Your Ecuadorian lawyers have done a nice job of separating you from your money. Congratulations to them.

You do not need any of their paper for you to file the petition

This is what you need (all in English)

1 Payment in the right amount

2 I-129F Original

3 G-325A (originals) and passport style photo (Petitioner - You)

4 G-325 A (originals and passport style photo (Beneficiary- Your fiance)

5 Certificate of Naturalization (copies - front and back) (Petitioner) or copy of passport or copy of birth certificate (if born US citizen)

6 Letter certifying intent to marry - Original (Petitioner)

7 Letter certifying intent to marry - Original (Beneficiary)

8 Proof of having met - copies of boarding passes, Itineraries, hotel receipts and photos together

And if you want to shell out more money - send me a check. :lol:

Good Luck

Proof of relationship will be needed by her to carry to her interview - also her birth certificates etc. will be needed at that point - she will get a packet 3 telling her what she needs.

Edited by motu

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

I agree with Motu. Hiring local lawyers was a very bad idea.. all you got is a bunch of auténticas (notarized papers) that are useless. If you decide to use the declaration of how you met, you need to have it translated to english as it will be sent to the USCIS.

As for the translations, papers that need to be send to the USCIS must be in english (Read the I-129F instructions). Papers that are submitted to the Embassy or during the interview may be in spanish, UNLESS the Embassy asks otherwise.

Birth Certificate of the Foreign fiance is not need until the interview stage.

APPLIED FOR NATURALIZATION 07/2021

08.01.2011 - I-751 SENT

08.05.2011 - Check cashed

08.08.2011- NOA Received

08.19.2011 - Biometrics Letter Received

09.12.2011 - Biometrics Appointment

01.27.2012 - Card production ordered

02.01.2012 - 10 year GC Received

07.25.2021 - N400 filed online

08.09.2021- Biometrics re-use notice

04.18.2022- Interview done at Minneapolis USCIS Local Office   ✔️ Received N-652 "Congratulations your application has been recommended for approval" during the interview.

05.19.2022- Oath Ceremony in MN

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.