Mr and Mrs Bird

Good health care insurance

12 posts in this topic

Hi all

I really hate to tell this, but I need so much to share my recently experience in life which almost took my life away from this earth. And I don't have any friends overhere to tell other than your nice guys inhere.

Mike and I are not that lucky with our new life together.

I had to suffer a very bad heart attack April 7 this year and was inoperated a stent in my heart.

For a half year ago I went through a 100 percent check with my new doctor in US with blood test and everything.

That told me that I had too high colosterol and blood pressure. The doctor didn't take this too serius and didn't gave me any medication. She only told me to take some special vitamins and live more fat free. And ofcause she mentioned that I should stop smoking. I admit I didn't take it too serius eather.

Now we would love to talk to her again, but she went out of business and noone knows were she is today.

I can only love my husband Mike for having such a great health insurance which always have been very expensive for us, especially because I am still without a job.

But today I can tell that this insurance did cover everything. The expenses for this whole thing with me was in total $95000.

If Mike didn't had this, my life would be very bad now as a new immigrant with a big dept and a bad start with a bad credit history rest of my life.

I know that my age is a kind of critical where all the bad things is starting. I am in september this year 50 years old.

But I want so much to give all your guys this message.

Don't forget to have a good insurance. You never know when you need it.

So you can guess that Mike and I are even more happy everyday we have together now.

We never know when it ends.

Love Anette (L)

usa01.gif

Mike and Anettedk04.gif

03-07-07 Anette arrived in San Diego on a K-1 Visa

04-04-07 Married in Las Vegas

lovebirds.gif

AOS

06-01-07 Mailed AOS/AP to NBC

06-12-07 Recieved NOA by mail for AOS

07-10-07 Biometric appointment for AOS

08-03-07 AOS touched after they recieved RFE

08-14-07 Approval notice on AP is sent

08-18-07 Approval notice on AP recieved

09-07-07 Recieved Interview date by mail

10-23-07 AOS Interview / Approved

10-24-07 Card production ordered

10-29-07 Welcome Letter recieved

11-02-07 Greencard recieved

Remove Condition

08-05-09 Mailed I-751 to CSC

08-10-09 NOA1 Receipt date

08-15-09 Recieved NOA1 by mail

08-20-09 Recieved BIO date by mail

09-04-09 Biometric Appointment

09-08-09 Touch

11-25-09 Card production ordered

12-03-09 Approval Letter recieved

12-04-09 Greencard recieved

Glad to hear you are doing better! Health insurance is sooo very important, unfortunately you dont realize how important until a bad situation comes up.

Sometimes I read about people wanting their elderly parents to come live with them (from other countries) and the first thing I think of is... can you afford their health insurance? When my dad's employer closed down years ago, and he was left without insurance, I called around to find it cost about $600 a month for a man in his late 50s!

But you can't put a price on life :)

12140.gif

I am sorrry to hear about your heart attack. I am glad you are doing better now and that insurance covered all of it!

I am so so happy to have response from you. I can tell that I really need friends now.

Yes insurance are very expensive.

My dad for only 2 month ago in my homecountry went to a surgery.

He has bladder cancer and very har to stop.

I just talked to him over the internet for less than 30 min ago. Its fatherday in Denmark today

Love Anette

usa01.gif

Mike and Anettedk04.gif

lovebirds.gif

AOS

Remove Condition

09-08-09 Touch

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I'm so glad you're doing better and that you were blessed enough to have insurance to cover all your medical expenses. It's sad to say it, but it is a blessing to have that benefit.

I hope you keep getting better and that everything turns out to be ok.

Take care,

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

I'm so glad you're doing better and that you were blessed enough to have insurance to cover all your medical expenses. It's sad to say it, but it is a blessing to have that benefit.

I hope you keep getting better and that everything turns out to be ok.

Take care,

Diana

Thankyou so much for the care of me

Anette

usa01.gif

Mike and Anettedk04.gif

lovebirds.gif

AOS

Remove Condition

09-08-09 Touch

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Thanks for sharing this :thumbs: . I'm glad u were able to survive and i hope that it won't happen again to you. Take care and God Bless! Edited by o0pink0o

My son named Zac

"My son's smile makes my day complete"

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

06.17.2010 - submitted our papers

06.19.2010 - papers arrived at Chicago lockbox

06.24.2010 - Check cashed

06.28.2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy received (9 days from the day they got our papers)

07.05.2010 - Received Biometrics Schedule (July 26)

08.05.2010 - Biometrics done! (had to re-schedule from 7/26 to 8/5)

08.13.2010 - Got my interview letter

08.20.2010 - EAD card on production

09.06.2010 - Got my EAD Card (62 days)

09.07.2010 - Applied for SSN

09.14.2010 - SSN Card received

09.16.2010 - Interview schedule (APPROVED)

09.20.2010 - Welcome Notice Received ("Welcome to the USA")

09.25.2010 - 10 yr Green Card received! (98 days)

Filed: Timeline
Thanks for sharing your experience and I am really happy that you are well now. We both understand the importance of good health care specially because of my hypothyroidism as I need to go for a test every couple of months and Daniel not being here with me. Since he's on active duty. We've got Tricare and its pretty good

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Now you have me worried how much is insurance for a couple 25/30 as I am not sure if my company will pay for my insurance.

If you don't have any serious/chronic health problems then you shouldn't have a problem. Most large companys have insurance plans; they will either have an HMO or a PPO. An HMO basically is a plan where you cannot pick your doctor, hospital, pharmacy etc...and you have to pay out of pocket if you choose services outside of the program. A PPO is the oposite in that you have your choice of physican granting that they accept insurance from your carrier.

If your work doesn't offer insurance, it would be advisable to get some sort of coverage. However, I would highly reccomend that yourself or your spouse try to work for a company that does offer its employees some sort of insurance coverage.

wtf-picard.jpg

I would highly reccomend that yourself or your spouse try to work for a company that does offer its employees some sort of insurance coverage.

I will be working remotely for a company that is not based in the US so not sure if they will be offering insurance that is one of my current worries. I had better start looking to see how much we are talking about. Any ball park figures on how much I would be paying a month. Pity the NHS dont do call outs to the US.

love my poe

love my bo! TG4V

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I would highly reccomend that yourself or your spouse try to work for a company that does offer its employees some sort of insurance coverage.

I will be working remotely for a company that is not based in the US so not sure if they will be offering insurance that is one of my current worries. I had better start looking to see how much we are talking about. Any ball park figures on how much I would be paying a month. Pity the NHS dont do call outs to the US.

I would try to negotiate to have a stipend for insurance. Get some insurance quotes from an agency (I would reccomend this - and make sure that there are doctors/hospitals nearby that accept that insurance). I think an agency and talking to a real person face to face would be extremely helpful if you aren't sure of the in's and out's of the US insurance industry.

Once you get some quotes that fit within a budget and provide good coverage, try to negotiate with your company for a stipend or for a salary raise, using the quote as proof of higher living cost. It's worth a go at least.

Does your spouse work? Could you get coverage through their work (usually one spouse will elect to use their insurance to cover the family while the other spouse will suspend coverage through their work, if that make sense).

wtf-picard.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.