Stephanie

won!

PJ

Me too! :D:dance:

Me three lol.

K-1 journey, AOS/EAD and ROC in my timeline

2011 March 31 - Sent off Naturalization pkg overnight to Texas

2011 April 1 - Arrived in Texas at 10:21 am

2011 April 1 - NOA (rec'd via snail mail April 8)

2011 April 7 - Cheque cashed

2011 May 5 - Biometrics (letter rec'd via snail mail April 15)

2011 May 9 - Placed in line for interview scheduling

2011 June 13 - Rec'd yellow letter (no change in status online)

2011 June 23 - Rec'd text that my case has been scheduled for interview

2011 August 1 - Interview (rec'd via snail mail June 27) PASSED

2011 August 3 - Rec'd email that my case has been scheduled for Oath

2011 September 1 - Oath ceremony (rec'd snail mail Aug 5)

2011 September 1 - All done, yeah.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yay!!! I'm so glad that

Stephanie

won!

PJ

Me too! :D:dance:

Me three lol.

Me makes FOUR! :dance:

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

SIX here... :dance:

I hope she opens a new restaurant here in Chicago... w00t!

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

`Top Chef' finale cooks up a first for Bravo

By ADAM GOLDMAN – 2 hours ago

NEW YORK (AP) — It took four seasons, but a woman finally took the top spot on Bravo's "Top Chef."

Stephanie Izard, a 31-year-old, mild-mannered chef from Chicago, beat out 15 other contestants to win the popular reality show designed to test a cook's mettle.

Izard, a former restaurant owner with a fondness for seafood and pork, was among the last three contestants to make Wednesday's finale, along with Lisa Fernandes of New York and Richard Blais of Atlanta.

Going into the finale, Blais appeared to be the favorite, but it was Izard who impressed the judges in the end to capture the title and $100,000 that goes with it.

"I just made the best meal that night," Izard told The Associated Press. "It came down to who brought their A-game."

The last episode took place in San Juan, Puerto Rico, following many culinary battles in Chicago.

The judges threw the trio a serious test. A four-course black-tie dinner for nine that had to include fish, poultry, red meat and dessert. The contestants did get a bit of help: each was paired with a big name New York restaurant chef, including Eric Ripert of Le Bernardin.

Izard described the show — won in previous seasons by Harold Dieterle, Ilan Hall and Hung Huynh — as grueling, and said the pressure mounted with each cooking challenge, especially those that involved working with a team.

"It definitely took a lot to get to the finals," she said. "It's definitely one of the hardest things I've done."

Ultimately, Izard prevailed with her dishes of sauteed red snapper filet with truffled white asparagus and clam broth; seared quail breast with butter poached lobster ravioli and mango; lamb medallions with maitake mushrooms, olives and braised pistachios; and ricotta pound cake with lime glaze, pineapple and salted banana cream.

At dinner, Ripert praised Izard's simple menu and the seasoning of the quail. Though he did call her cake "unrefined."

At the judges' table, opinions flew. "There were some missteps along the way," head judge and chef Tom Colicchio said. Some big. Some small. And some startling admissions.

Blais told the judges he choked. It wasn't his "best performance." Colicchio agreed. Blais had missed with a pork and scallop dish.

Fernandes' food seemed one dimensional and her beef course missed the mark. Its sauce left one judge perplexed.

What put Izard over the top? Not her cake obviously. But the totality of her food prevailed. The judges based their decision on which meal they'd like to have again.

Izard's winning strategy involved avoiding confrontations with the other cooks. "Top Chef" takes pleasure in airing spats and creating villains. This year was no exception, but Izard remained above the fray.

In a show filled with long knives and short tempers, Izard even came across as affable and humble.

"I try to avoid getting into fights," she said. "That's not the way I am in life. I just like to respect others and have others respect me. I wanted go in and keep focused on the food."

Izard, a University of Michigan graduate, said she plans to open another restaurant in Chicago, one that will emphasize global flavors, seafood and pork.

On Wednesday, Bravo announced that it was developing a new, family-friendly spinoff of the show called "Top Chef Junior" in which teenagers will compete for the top culinary spot.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5j04BfGC...nhJXjwD918GERG1

Maybe I need to take a closer look at how people see *me* because I'm thinking more and more that I actually like Lisa. :hehe:

Lisa is not as bad as the internet bandwagon has made her out to be. I definately think there are others who belong in the finals first- Dale, Jen and Antonia - even Andrew. But its still a game and she didn't make the most crucial mistake at the wrong moment and keeps moving forward.

Regarding her attitude, i think she is what she is, that the editing didn't create some villian or misrepresented her. I think she is pretty pathethic but not evil. I also think she is not a great game player- cooking under TC rules and she seems mediocre. In the finals she impressed with some of her dishes. That has to say something about her ability.

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Maybe I need to take a closer look at how people see *me* because I'm thinking more and more that I actually like Lisa. :hehe:

Lisa is not as bad as the internet bandwagon has made her out to be. I definately think there are others who belong in the finals first- Dale, Jen and Antonia - even Andrew. But its still a game and she didn't make the most crucial mistake at the wrong moment and keeps moving forward.

Regarding her attitude, i think she is what she is, that the editing didn't create some villian or misrepresented her. I think she is pretty pathethic but not evil. I also think she is not a great game player- cooking under TC rules and she seems mediocre. In the finals she impressed with some of her dishes. That has to say something about her ability.

Editting is the key for sure with any television show or movie, but nothing could have helped her body language at judges table every time. Not the approchable type.

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Editting is the key for sure with any television show or movie, but nothing could have helped her body language at judges table every time. Not the approchable type.

Really...nor the snotty remark to Richard & Stephanie when Antonia was eliminated. No, I don't think she's evil and I know show producers love to have a villain to make a show interesting, but hey, she gave them the material. Let's face it, if they'd all been nicey-nicey, we would have thought it was boring. LOL

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

Filed: Timeline

And Gordon Ramsay is? Or any number of arrogant, jerky chefs? :no: but he is a very successful businessman. Tom C. even said there are plenty of not nice chefs out there in one of the last episodes.

I'm sure Lisa is v. good at what she does.

Edited by illumine

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I know when Tom C said that I thought oh no she is going to end up winning.

Yes your right on the comment after Antonia got elimiated, I am sure I would have said whatever.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

I'm just happy Stephanie won.... It would've taken me a while to get over Lisa winning. :lol:

oh about editing, they didn't make her snitch on Andrew either at the judges panel. Lisa definitely had some rankness about her.

MY HOT ARAB HUBBY!!

dreamy_Riyad-2.jpg2615261345_a42ed1904a.jpg

No one tell the hubby! Oh wait I already told HIM! :)