ant_juan

New to VJ. Wanna file the K-1 on my own but confused about some things...

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everybody. I'm new here and I'm planning to go the K-1 Fiance(e) route to bring my fiance here to the US. I'm going to the Philippines to meet her in August. This site is rather exceptional in the help and advice that you all give but some things still confuse me. The first thing that confuses me is the example Fiance Letter of Intent that is posted in the Example Forms section. In the example, it has areas provided for me to add the USCIS service center address AND I suppose the address of the embassy where my fiance will be interviewed. My question is: Do I need to include BOTH of these addresses in the letter? Or do I just use one or the other? Its confusing. I really dont understand. Can somebody please help me with this? And also, can someone pleade tell me all the forms I should take there with me for her to sign and fill out? Right now all I know is the G-325A and the Fiance Letter of Intent. PLEASE HELP!!!

10-10-06 I-129F sent

10-11-06 NOA1 Received

01-04-07 NOA2 Received

01-19-07 NVC Received

04-19-07 Medical

04-26-07 Interview!!!yay!!

check out our friendster..

AJ & Jackie 4ever

Timeline
Hi everybody. I'm new here and I'm planning to go the K-1 Fiance(e) route to bring my fiance here to the US. I'm going to the Philippines to meet her in August. This site is rather exceptional in the help and advice that you all give but some things still confuse me. The first thing that confuses me is the example Fiance Letter of Intent that is posted in the Example Forms section. In the example, it has areas provided for me to add the USCIS service center address AND I suppose the address of the embassy where my fiance will be interviewed. My question is: Do I need to include BOTH of these addresses in the letter? Or do I just use one or the other? Its confusing. I really dont understand. Can somebody please help me with this? And also, can someone pleade tell me all the forms I should take there with me for her to sign and fill out? Right now all I know is the G-325A and the Fiance Letter of Intent. PLEASE HELP!!!

Oh, I could give you lots of advice since I am from Phils and went to USA to file and used the services of an immigration lawyer. Actually, the forms and docs were not as simple as the guides but at least the guides give you the basic info you need to prepare.

----content removed---- per VJ TOS.

Edited by Captain Ewok

K-1 & K-2s TIMELINE_____

* met May-05, Maria & sons Manila, Philippines - Richard & daughters Toledo, Ohio

* Richard move to WI Sept-05, exchange extended visits Oct, Nov & Dec (05) & Feb (06)

* K-1&2s on file @ NSC 3-6-06, case xfer to CSC 6-1-06

* touches 6-2&3&14&15&17, RFE (IMBRA) CSC letter sent 6-23-06, touches 7-3&5

* RFE express return to/@ CSC 7-14-06, more touches 7-24&25, 9-5&6, NOA2 email notice rcvd 9-6

* visit Philippines & China Sept-2006, again see Maria & more extended family

* NVC assigns Embassy Case# 10-6; 10-12 letter rcvd 10-16 (sent 10-12) NVC receipt of I-129f

* rcvd letter 10-31 Embassy has paperwork, phone & embassy website 12-13 shows 2-13-07 interview

* Pgk 4 rcvd 12-21, St. Lukes Extension exams/vaccinations 1-10&11

* Manila interview 2-13; Delbros text message to Maria 2-6 - visas rcvd 2-19

AOS & EAD TIMELINE______

* P.O.E. Minneapolis & reunited in Milwaukee airport 3-4

* wedding 3-10 Plover, WI, applied for Maria's SSN 3-28 @ local office

* I-693A done @ civil surgeon office 4-4, Maria's SS card rcvd 4-16,

* mailed AOS (Chicago) & EAD (Nebraska) paperwork 4-21

* rcvd USCIS receipts of paperwork 5-2, posted wedding pics on VJ 5-3

* Maria's AOS biometrics appointment 5-22, son's on 6-5, no update on EAD status yet

* rcvd AOS appointment 5-26, set for 7-9 in Bloomington,MN office

* applied for Maria's WI state ID 6-5 & card rcvd 6-11

* AOS approved @ 7-9 interview, told to expect green cards 5-30 days

* USCIS confirms approved A#s rcvd 7-14, 2 green cards rcd 7-23

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline

Realisticly the G-325a and the letter of intent is all You need from her but it is a bit early in the game to start to stress. You will get plenty of oppertunities to do that later in the process. Go meet Your fiance, enjoy your time with her and the most important thing is to compile lots of evidence of Your meeting. Pictures plane tickets boarding passes, train tickets or whatever while you are there. Copies of her bith certificate and copies of her passport may be useful also to bring back. You may want to think about taking some extra money to give to her to pay for expenses she may incure. for translation of her documents and any travel she may have to do not to mention having to pay for her physical. Some countries Belarus where my wife is from is a total hassel to wire money then they have to pay taxes on it and so forth. Check with thee customs as to how much cash You can actually bring into the country.

Most importantly have fun and enjoy Your future wifes company and culture.

I may be wrong but that looks like soliciting to me.....especially as you are a new member and openly post your office phone number.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

For the initial filing of the I-129F you would use the USCIS heading and address (your service center) For the interview you would use the the Embassy heading and address. For the initial filing your fiance only needs to complete a G-325A (4 pages) and do a letter of intent.

Edited by aussiewench

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Timeline

Actually I'm in California and my fiance is in Davao City, Philippines. Thanks for all ur advice and opinions. I'll take them all to heart but nobody attempted to answer my main question about the letter of intent. Also she does not have a passport yet. Will this be a problem? I am not planning to carry alot of hard cash coming and going there. I was told by Bank of America that I could use my ATM card there to withdraw pesos directly. Just pay a $5 fee for each transaction. If anybody has anymore advice or opinions, PLEASE feel free to give it. THANKS AGAIN.

10-10-06 I-129F sent

10-11-06 NOA1 Received

01-04-07 NOA2 Received

01-19-07 NVC Received

04-19-07 Medical

AJ & Jackie 4ever

Actually I'm in California and my fiance is in Davao City, Philippines. Thanks for all ur advice and opinions. I'll take them all to heart but nobody attempted to answer my main question about the letter of intent. Also she does not have a passport yet. Will this be a problem? I am not planning to carry alot of hard cash coming and going there. I was told by Bank of America that I could use my ATM card there to withdraw pesos directly. Just pay a $5 fee for each transaction. If anybody has anymore advice or opinions, PLEASE feel free to give it. THANKS AGAIN.

Your fiance will need to obtain a passport but at the initial filing of the I-129F at CSC this wont be a problem. When she eventually receives the packet 3 from embassy she will need to put her passport number on forms within that packet as without a valid passport she cannot be issued a visa.....but you know that already ;)

I have no idea on ATM withdrawals in the philipines but Im sure someone will.

All the best

Lorelle

You can find me on FBI

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

The lettter of intent that you submit to USCIS for the K-1 petition should be addressed to the USCIS depending on which service center you are filing in. You need another letter of intent addressed to the Manila Consulate which you should send to your fiance for her interview.

Audrey

Application for Naturalization (N-400)

11 May 2010 - Mailed application to Phoenix, AZ Lockbox (Day 1)

13 May 2010 - Package Received in Phoenix (Day 3)

24 May 2010 - Check Cashed/NOA Date (Day 13)

27 May 2010 - Received NOA1 (Day 16)

05 June 2010- Received Biometrics Notice (Day 25)

22 June 2010- Schedule for Biometrics (Day 42)

11 August 2010 - Interview at Los Angeles, CA Field Office (Day 92)- APPROVED

22 Sept. 2010 - Oath Taking (busy at work and had to reschedule)

17 Nov. 2010 - Oath Taking at Pomona, CA

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline

My letter of intent was simply written out To Whom It May Concern. My wifes also. ( Fiance at the time)It gave a brief description of how we met and communicated and most importantly it stated that our intent was to marry whithin 90 days of her entering the United States. We had no problems with this format. Today she has her Green card and we could not be happier

We used the VJ format as well - succesfully - and it was fine :)

We also used ALL the example forms here, and asked questions where we needed to, and we are at almost interview stage so unless you have some complex issues surrounding your visa you don't need a lot more , IMO, than the help and advice to be found here for FREE

Good luck

Applied for K1

Met online 2001 - just aquaintances

Sept 2002 - 1st US visit - everything goes perfectly.

Dec 20th - Forms recev'd at CSC

Dec 27th - NOA1 received by snail mail!

Dec 29th - 'Touched'

March 10 2006 - NOA2!

March 23 - recv'd at NVC

March 24 - petition sent to London

April 9th - Pkt 3 rec'd!

May 17th - Pkt 3 signed for at London Embassy

May 24th - Medical

May24th - Pkt 4

June 14th - Interview 10am - APPROVED 1pm!!

June 16th - Visas received in my hot little hands 1pm :)

July 19th - flying to US!

July 27th - Married!! :-)

Aug 7th - Applied for SSN in married name

Aug 9th - SSN received

uk.gif1273.gifusa.gif

3dflagsdotcom_uk_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

I'm not a lawyer I just have opinions on everything :)

animated flags from http://3dflags.com

The letter of intent does not really need any of the addresses. The example you found here is just that, an example. All it really needs to say is that you intend to marry your fiance within the 90 days after her arrival. IMO all you need to do is tell your story in a few paragraphs, how you met and fell in love. Your fiance does not need a passport yet but I advise you to get started on that ASAP.

When I go there for a visit, #6 coming up next month, I take $100-$200 in NEW bills with me. The money changers don't like anything that isn't the new style. My ATM card works in some of the machines there. You just have to scout around to find one that take yours. They are not as prevalent as they are here and there are usually long lines. Credit cards work at hotels and large shopping malls. It's a good idea to have one with you even if you don't have the intent to use it. It comes in handy for emergencies.

Edited by GaryC

Filed: Timeline

ant_juan,

Up to you - use either, both, or, as GaryC suggests, neither.

Note that what's asked for is a statement of intent. If you want to save yourself this confusion give them what they ask for and your problem is solved.

Yodrak

Hi everybody. I'm new here and I'm planning to go the K-1 Fiance(e) route to bring my fiance here to the US. .... My question is: Do I need to include BOTH of these addresses in the letter? Or do I just use one or the other? ...

Agree with Jaylen. We used the forms and guides on VJ and I got my visa yesterday :)

> Texas have received out application and cashed the cheque!

We got our NOA1 as at 26 Oct 2005!

Sent to CSC 26 Oct 2005

NOA2 26 Jan 2006

Sent to Embassy 9 Feb 2006

Embassy sent pk3 21 feb 2006

Recd and return pk3 27 feb

Medical 8 March

recd pk4 11 April

Interview 10 May

Visa Approved 10 May

Visa Received 13 May

Fly to Memphis 21 june

Married 1 September

AOS NOA1 23 Jan 2007

Case transferred to Missourri

Case transferred back to CSC feb 01

Card in the mail March 05

Case approved March 005

Welcome to America Letters received March 08

Filed for lifting of conditions - received in Vermont Jan 20 2009

I-797C NOA received Jan 26 2009

Visit My Website

A Joy unshared is like and unlighted candle

Timeline

Thank u all for giving my question some thought and replying with such speed. Ur kindness is greatly appreciated. From what I gather, I guess I will just have to bring the G-325A for her and the Letter of Intent with no addresses needed for the initial filing. We'll just put it in a simple letter format. I called again to Bank of America about the ATM fees. $500 is the maximum daily witdrawal amount plus $5 (international) fee and 1% currency conversion fee. Seems fair to me. GaryC I'll take ur advice about the $100-$200 pocket cash. Thank you all for ur help.

10-10-06 I-129F sent

10-11-06 NOA1 Received

01-04-07 NOA2 Received

01-19-07 NVC Received

04-19-07 Medical

AJ & Jackie 4ever

Filed: Timeline

ant_juan,

You don't need to include any address in the statements of intent.

Yodrak

Hi everybody. I'm new here and I'm planning to go the K-1 Fiance(e) route to bring my fiance here to the US. I'm going to the Philippines to meet her in August. This site is rather exceptional in the help and advice that you all give but some things still confuse me. The first thing that confuses me is the example Fiance Letter of Intent that is posted in the Example Forms section. In the example, it has areas provided for me to add the USCIS service center address AND I suppose the address of the embassy where my fiance will be interviewed. My question is: Do I need to include BOTH of these addresses in the letter? Or do I just use one or the other? Its confusing. I really dont understand. Can somebody please help me with this? ...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.