emt103c

I-212 approval notice (district office)

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Okay, my husband's I-212 was approved from USCIS Buffalo Field office back in April. The consulate will not accept the approval notice that the district office gave me.

The consulate wants an I-797 notice, but I've already done an inquiry with Buffalo who say that they DO NOT PRINT I-797's, they say that the form I have (a form letter on DOHS/USCIS letterhead, signed by the Field Office Director) is all that they issue. They are willing to issue a duplicate, but that is the extent of their capability. The Service Centers who print I-797's cannot issue one either, as this form is under District office "jurisdiction."

It seems a no-brainer to me that this should clear up the confusion, but I am sure it won't. I have already contacted the Consular Section Chief and the email line with a forward of the email from Buffalo. . .anybody have any other ideas?

That's carzy IT JUST SHOWS how messed up this system is. I really hope everything works out and who ever is working on your case see's that there is a problem in there way of doing things. I myself am very frustrated and can not figure out how to put a human face on this process It seems so mechinacal for something so close to the heart like family. I will say a prayer for you I wish I could or we all could do more. God will get us thru this no matter how unfiarly we are being treated. :angry:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

All I can think of is to get your senator involved and have them clear the confusion up..Montreal is a pain to deal with on things like this! :wacko:

Aug 21,1999 Married in Toronto

I-130 APPROVED CSC DECEMBER 3,2004

I-129(K3) APPROVED November 17, 2004

INTERVIEW January 19,2005-switched from K3 to IR-1

I-601 waiver filed at interview

February 18 I-864/DS-230/IR-1 fee paid at Montreal consulate

WAIVER SENT TO VSC from Montreal April 1,2005

Expedited with senator assistance.

Touches April 21/May 23/June10

I-601 APPROVED JUNE 17,2005!!!!!!!!!!

N400 NOA May 15,2008

Biometrics May 30,2008 Atlanta

Interview June 21,2008

6847.gif

Timeline

Aman, thank you, prayers are DEFINITELY welcome.

F1Belle, I have my Senator and a Congressman in the loop, but the Congressman's office--who has been handling the Buffalo end of things--does not want to communicate with Montreal because Buffalo has graciously offered to re-issue a letter and the congressman's office wants me to wait the thirty days, get the new letter and submit it and "see what happens."

I'm going to try to talk the Senator's office into it.

It just seems more logical to me that Buffalo should call the consulate directly and just tell them, this is what they issue, that my form is valid. . .it just seems to me that would make sense. . .

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

emt--What a nightmare! I'm so sorry this is happening to you. It's like immigration has a life of it's own and just doesn't want to let you guys go!

Just as you said--It makes much more sense for Buffalo to call Montreal and tell them that they do not issue the I 797. Won't anyone in Buffalo listen to you?

I do hope you're able to get your senator's liason to help out. My congressional liason is useless--My two senator's liasons are fantastic, courteous, and most importantly, they follow through.

Sending you positive thoughts emt!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
Aman, thank you, prayers are DEFINITELY welcome.

F1Belle, I have my Senator and a Congressman in the loop, but the Congressman's office--who has been handling the Buffalo end of things--does not want to communicate with Montreal because Buffalo has graciously offered to re-issue a letter and the congressman's office wants me to wait the thirty days, get the new letter and submit it and "see what happens."

I'm going to try to talk the Senator's office into it.

It just seems more logical to me that Buffalo should call the consulate directly and just tell them, this is what they issue, that my form is valid. . .it just seems to me that would make sense. . .

Just get a formal letter/email from the Buffalo Office where they spell out what they will/will not provide. Send that to the Montreal Consulate. These are both departments of the Department of State. I would contact the Inspector General of the Department of State to highlight your situation.

Contact Us

We are located at:

U.S. Department of State

Office of Inspector General

Room 8100, SA-3

2201 C Street, N.W.

Washington, DC 20520

Phone: 202-663-0340

Submit Your Complaint to the OIG Hotline:

Email: oighotline@state.gov

(We cannot ensure confidentiality over the Internet.)

Mail:

Office of Inspector General

HOTLINE

P.O. Box 9778

Arlington, Virginia 22219

Phone:

(Washington D.C., Metroplitan Area) (202)-647-3320

(Elsewhere, Toll Free) 1-800-409-9926

Other Relevant Agency Authorities:

EEOCR - 202-647-9294

Payroll problems, compensation and pension - 703-875-6669

Personnel grievances - 202-261-8110

Retirement problems - 202-261-8980

Passport and visa issuance problems - 202-663-1225

Medical issues - 202-663-1611

Ethics advice, Office of the Legal Advisor - 202-647-9598

Security Issues, Bureau of Diplomatic Security - 202-647-6290

Edited by Nutty

Timeline

Thank you Nutty for the contact information.

The problem is that all Buffalo will provide is an email--which I did provide to Montreal without ANY response. I have tried a contact that is working on correcting the problem. . . .I'm supposed to get a call back soon, but who knows.

All Buffalo offered to do was reissue the letter. . .they would not contact Montreal directly OR issue a formal letter.

Buffalo also does not have direct contact with individuals. . .all has to go through my House liaison who has her own ideas about how to help. Don't get me wrong, she is one of the nicest people I've spoken to in all of this, but she will not be pushy to anyone and does not like making supplemental requests; she likes to take the answer she is given.

If this contact cannot help, trust me, I will be in contact with both the number you just gave me AND the CIS ombudsman. .

Thank you again. . .I need all the help I can get.

Timeline

Okay, I am begging. My last best hope has fallen through. The gentleman at the consulate says he doesn't think he can help. He doesn't see how they can accept DHS letterhead and district director signature (it worked for previous members but apparently Montreal is different.)

My Congressional Rep wants to wait for the duplicate letter, which Montreal has already dismissed.

Buffalo won't contact Montreal, Montreal won't contact Buffalo.

I've called DOS Office of Consular Affairs

Senate Rep

House Rep

Faxed letter to Consular Section Chief

Talked one-on-one to Consular Officer

Called National Service Center USCIS

Called Various (other) offices at Dept of State.

I've drafted a form 7001 for the USCIS Ombudsman, but my husband has to sign it and that is going to take me more than a week to accomplish.

Nutty, I've also put in a call to the OIG, but cannot get a person on the phone yet.

Does ANYONE have any ideas. I don't know what to do and I am running out of sanity.

Edited by emt103c

Timeline

Nutty--

I used your OIG contact. . .they replied and have forwarded it to the Executive Director of Consular Affairs for further investigation. I think I'm going to go ahead and call that office in addition and maybe forward a snail mail letter that way.

I cannot believe this is being made so difficult.

Thank you for the information.

emt of coarse I have been thinking of you always. As you know my husband has been in AP since last year. I am so glad Nutty has given you the contact information, I could not have given you that. Please do not let this hinder you for keeping this fight going. :( You WILL succeed. God is with you and I will pray a especially for you that you get the approvals you need for this visa. I know it takes the will ofo God to wake you up in the morning with so much pressure falling down on you at once, but there is a brighter day in the future. See what you can do with OIG. :thumbs: Call, mail do everything and you will prayer works and proactive attitude will get you to the place you wish to be. Your love will join you soon. May God be with you.

Tammy :luv:

Edited by tammy2688

AP: Over 1 year.

Visa: Nov 2

US Entry: Nov 13, Alhamdulillah.

BelieveButterflyfortile.jpgPrayerisPower_Cover.jpghello.gif

Timeline

Tammy, I'm praying the same thing for you. My husband has been out of the country for almost four years now and frankly I'm beginning to lose it. The only thing keeping me sane is that he's only 725 miles away and i can visit every month or two.

I know that you must feel like I do, and I hope you get out of AP soon!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.