Blues Fairy

Anyone called USCIS to find out AOS interview date?

6 posts in this topic

I wonder if there's a way to find out AOS interview date other than from notice in the mail. Our mail man is notoriously unreliable - I've already lost a few very important items due to his not doing his job. So I fear the AOS interview notice may have been mailed a while ago but never delivered. Any ideas how to verify?

Aug 2003 first icebreaker ;-)

2003 - 2006 letters, letters, letters

Aug 2006 met at regatta in Greece

03/20/2007 I-129f mailed to TSC

08/06/2007 NOA-2, 118 days from the 1st notice.

10/24/2007 Interview in Moscow, visa approved

12/06/2007 Entered at JFK, got EAD stamp.

01/25/2008 Married in St. Augustine, FL

02/19/2008 AOS package mailed

09/30/2008 AOS interview - APPROVED!

10/11/2008 Green card in the mail

01/14/2009 Our little girl, Fiona Elizabeth, was born on Jan. 14, 2009 :-)

u can get a PO box at the post office if u wanna make sure...but i guess it's too late maybe. U dnt have a choice but just have to rely on him, he might be really doing his job well ;)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
I wonder if there's a way to find out AOS interview date other than from notice in the mail. Our mail man is notoriously unreliable - I've already lost a few very important items due to his not doing his job. So I fear the AOS interview notice may have been mailed a while ago but never delivered. Any ideas how to verify?

Call the 1800 or schedule an infopass

05/01/08 Green Card in mailbox!!

06/05/10 Real GREEN Card RECEIVED!

01/17/13 Sent application for US Citizenship!!!

01/19/13 Arrived to Arizona Lockbox

01/24/13 Notice of Action

01/25/13 Check cashed

01/28/13 NOA received by mail and biometrics letter mailed as per uscis.gov

02/14/13 Biometrics appointment

03/18/13 In-line for inteview

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

If you are at the Charlotte; NC office and you filed in February like you said I wouldn't expect anything anytime soon.

You can make an infopass or you can call USCIS and have them tell you where you file is at. But keep in mind that the Charlotte office is busy and backloged. I don't know many people who filed in the summer of 07 who have had their interview yet, so 2008... I don't want to sound pessimistic, but if you check USCIS processing times, you'll find that it's unlikely you'll receive an interview notice anytime soon.

Of course the mail man is an other issue...

Edited by Cécy

08.2006: Entered with a B-2 visa.

07.06.07: Civil Wedding

07.17.2008 AOS approved with interview. It took 367 Days!

11.08.08: Big family wedding

09.18.09-10.03.09: First trip to France with Hubby

I-751

04.19.10: Package sent to Vermont

04.21.10: Delivered in Vermont

04.22.10: NOA date

04.23.10: Check cashed

05.17.10: Received biometrics appointment letter

06.07.10: Biometrics Appointment

06.26.10: Touched

07.07.10: Card Production Ordered!

07.17.10: Card in the mail :) Done until citizenship

French Thread I

French Thread II

If you are at the Charlotte; NC office and you filed in February like you said I wouldn't expect anything anytime soon.

You can make an infopass or you can call USCIS and have them tell you where you file is at. But keep in mind that the Charlotte office is busy and backloged. I don't know many people who filed in the summer of 07 who have had their interview yet, so 2008... I don't want to sound pessimistic, but if you check USCIS processing times, you'll find that it's unlikely you'll receive an interview notice anytime soon.

Of course the mail man is an other issue...

Thank you, that's reassuring (in a way :)). Our mail man is already scheduled for thorough a$$-kicking.

Aug 2003 first icebreaker ;-)

2003 - 2006 letters, letters, letters

Aug 2006 met at regatta in Greece

03/20/2007 I-129f mailed to TSC

08/06/2007 NOA-2, 118 days from the 1st notice.

10/24/2007 Interview in Moscow, visa approved

12/06/2007 Entered at JFK, got EAD stamp.

01/25/2008 Married in St. Augustine, FL

02/19/2008 AOS package mailed

09/30/2008 AOS interview - APPROVED!

10/11/2008 Green card in the mail

01/14/2009 Our little girl, Fiona Elizabeth, was born on Jan. 14, 2009 :-)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.