mawilson

Clinton set to claim victory in popular vote

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hillary Clinton’s campaign on Friday stepped up its defiance of the near-consensus

view that Barack Obama has won the Democratic nomination, claiming she would

come out ahead on the popular vote by the end of the race next Tuesday.

The Clinton campaign, which plans to amass hundreds of supporters on Saturday

to demonstrate for her cause in Washington DC, has come under increasing pressure

to bow to what most Democratic leaders say is the inevitable given Mr Obama’s lead

with elected delegates.

Mrs Clinton’s campaign will argue that the Democratic National Committee should

restore the delegates from Florida and Michigan – states she won in nullified primary

elections earlier this year – and there are few signs she is preparing for a gracious exit.

Terry McAuliffe, campaign chairman, on Friday asked supporters for more donations

so she could continue her fight for the nomination. “We’re ramping up our efforts for

the final three primaries, which are critical to extending Hillary’s lead in the national

popular vote and winning the nomination,” he said.

Most Democrats believe this epic race is finally moving to the endgame. Even if, as

Democratic lawyers disclosed this week, Michigan and Florida get back half of their

delegates at the committee meeting, Mrs Clinton would come nowhere near overtaking

Mr Obama’s lead.

Mrs Clinton is expected to win Sunday’s primary in Puerto Rico, followed by expected

victories for Mr Obama in South Dakota and Montana on Tuesday. After that, most of

the 200 or so uncommitted “super-delegates” – unelected officials who will determine

the winner – are expected to declare their preference.

Over the past three weeks, Mr Obama has gained the endorsements of almost 70

super-delegates compared to Mrs Clinton’s 10. To gain the nomination the winner must

win 2,131 delegates, assuming the DNC does restore half of Michigan and Florida’s allocation.

Mr Obama would be about 70 short of that threshold, while Mrs Clinton would be about

240 short. Most of the remaining uncommitted super-delegates are thought to be in the

Obama camp.

“We are going to urge folks to make decisions pretty quickly,” said Harry Reid, the

Senate majority leader. “By this time next week it will all be over give or take a day.”

Mr Obama, who is already in full general election mode against John McCain, the

Republican nominee, said: “Whatever remaining super-delegates will make their decisions

pretty quickly after Tuesday. I am sure we will then have discussions with Senator Clinton

and her team [about her withdrawal].”

Some Democrats believe that Mrs Clinton’s combativeness is a ploy to pressure Mr Obama

to take her on as his running mate. Given his emphasis on “change”, the Obama camp

is not warm to the idea. Others fear Mrs Clinton could still harbour hopes of taking her

case to the Democratic convention in August – a scenario that could badly damage the

nominee’s chances of victory in the general election.

The past three times the Democrats went through a floor battle at the nominating convention –

in 1968, 1980 and 1984 – they lost the general election. “It is clear that Obama will be

the nominee,” said James Thurber, head of the centre for presidential studies at American

University. “What matters most is the manner in which the two candidates agree to end

the race. It has to be amicable and involve a show of unity.”

Some Clinton supporters remain bitter over what they believe has been strong media bias

against their candidate.

Others – such as Geraldine Ferraro, the former vice-presidential candidate who sparked

outrage two months ago when she said Mr Obama was only ahead because he was black –

continue to stoke up the party’s demographic divisions.

On Friday Mrs Ferraro wrote in the Boston Globe that blue-collar white voters would be

unlikely to switch their support from Mrs Clinton to Mr Obama if he became the nominee.

“If you’re white you can’t open your mouth without being accused of being a racist,”

Mrs Ferraro wrote. “They [working-class whites] don’t identify with someone who has gone

to Columbia and Harvard Law School and is married to a Princeton-Harvard graduate.”

The FT

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Country: England
Timeline
On Friday Mrs Ferraro wrote in the Boston Globe that blue-collar white voters would be

unlikely to switch their support from Mrs Clinton to Mr Obama if he became the nominee.

“If you’re white you can’t open your mouth without being accused of being a racist,â€

Mrs Ferraro wrote. ''They [working-class whites] don't identify with someone who has gone

to Columbia and Harvard Law School and is married to a Princeton-Harvard graduate.''

As opposed to someone who went to Wellesley, graduated from Yale Law and married an Oxford Rhodes Scholar

Edited by Sister Fracas

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

unlikely to switch their support from Mrs Clinton to Mr Obama if he became the nominee...

“They [working-class whites] don’t identify with someone who has gone

to Columbia and Harvard Law School and is married to a Princeton-Harvard graduate.”

Whereas Hillary's background at Wellesley College, Yale, the Rose Law firm, etc strike a chord with them, I assume.

Oops! Too darn slow...

Edited by SteveLaura

"It's not the years; it's the mileage." Indiana Jones

“If you’re white you can’t open your mouth without being accused of being a racist,â€

Mrs Ferraro wrote. ''They [working-class whites] don't identify with someone who has gone

to Columbia and Harvard Law School and is married to a Princeton-Harvard graduate.''

As opposed to someone who went to Wellesley, graduated from Yale Law and married an Oxford Rhodes Scholar

Oh you beat me to it!!! Presidents are SUPPOSED to be well educated. Stupid quote...

Timeline

AOS

Mailed AOS, EAD and AP Sept 11 '07

Recieved NOA1's for all Sept 23 or 24 '07

Bio appt. Oct. 24 '07

EAD/AP approved Nov 26 '07

Got the AP Dec. 3 '07

AOS interview Feb 7th (5 days after the 1 year anniversary of our K1 NOA1!

Stuck in FBI name checks...

Got the GC July '08

Filed: Timeline

Clinton expects superdelegates to decide next week

By MATT GOURAS, Associated Press Writer 57 minutes ago

HELENA, Mont. - Hillary Rodham Clinton says she expects her marathon Democratic race against Barack Obama to be resolved next week. In a conference call with Montana reporters, Clinton said Friday: "I think that after the final primaries, people are going to start making up their minds. I think that is the natural progression that one would expect."

Montana and South Dakota hold the final primaries Tuesday.

Clinton says superdelegates will have to decide who is the stronger candidate in the fall.

Clinton said, "I think that people will have to ask themselves those questions, who would be the best president in terms of preparation and readiness and effectiveness, and who would be the stronger candidate."

link

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Clinton said, "I think that people will have to ask themselves those questions, who would be the best president in terms of preparation and readiness and effectiveness, and who would be the stronger candidate."[/i]

The people have already asked themselves these questions - and found her lacking.

"It's not the years; it's the mileage." Indiana Jones

Filed: Timeline
Clinton expects superdelegates to decide next week

By MATT GOURAS, Associated Press Writer 57 minutes ago

HELENA, Mont. - Hillary Rodham Clinton says she expects her marathon Democratic race against Barack Obama to be resolved next week. In a conference call with Montana reporters, Clinton said Friday: "I think that after the final primaries, people are going to start making up their minds. I think that is the natural progression that one would expect."

Montana and South Dakota hold the final primaries Tuesday.

Clinton says superdelegates will have to decide who is the stronger candidate in the fall.

Clinton said, "I think that people will have to ask themselves those questions, who would be the best president in terms of preparation and readiness and effectiveness, and who would be the stronger candidate."

link

The people have spoken and the supers will underline the message the people sent: Obama for President 2008!

:wacko: HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT :wacko:

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

still say that spitzer fella ought to get the nod.

:yes:

Daniel

:energy:

Ana (Mexico) ------ Daniel (California)(me)

---------------------------------------------

Sept. 11, 2004: Got married (civil), in Mexico :D

July 23, 2005: Church wedding

===============================

K3(I-129F):

Oct. 28, 2004: Mailed I-129F.

~USPS, First-Class, Certified Mail, Rtn Recpt ($5.80)

Nov. 3, 2004: NOA1!!!!

Nov. 5, 2004: Check Cashed!!

zzzz deep hibernationn zzzz

May 12, 2005 NOA2!!!! #######!!! huh???

off to NVC.

May 26, 2005: NVC approves I129F.

CR1(I-130):

Oct. 6, 2004: Mailed I-130.

~USPS, First-Class, Certified Mail, Rtn Recpt ($5.80)

Oct. 8, 2004: I-130 Delivered to CSC in Laguna Niguel.

~Per USPS website's tracking tool.

Oct. 12, 2004 BCIS-CSC Signs for I-130 packet.

Oct. 21, 2004 Check cashed!

Oct. 25, 2004 NOA1 (I-130) Go CSC!!

Jan. 05, 2005 Approved!!!! Off to NVC!!!!

NVC:

Jan. 05, 2005 ---> in route from CSC

Jan. 12, 2005 Case entered system

Jan. 29, 2005 Received I-864 Bill

Jan. 31, 2005 Sent Payment to St. Louis(I864)

Feb. 01, 2005 Wife received DS3032(Choice of Agent)

Feb. 05, 2005 Payment Received in St. Louis(I864)

Feb. 08, 2005 Sent DS3032 to Portsmouth NH

Feb. 12, 2005 DS3032 Received by NVC

Mar. 04, 2005 Received IV Bill

Mar. 04, 2005 Sent IV Bill Payment

Mar. 08, 2005 Received I864

Mar. 19, 2005 Sent I864

Mar. 21, 2005 I864 Received my NVC

Apr. 18, 2005 Received DS230

Apr. 19, 2005 Sent DS230

Apr. 20, 2005 DS230 received by NVC (signed by S Merfeld)

Apr. 22, 2005 DS230 entered NVC system

Apr. 27, 2005 CASE COMPLETE

May 10, 2005 CASE SENT TO JUAREZ

Off to Cd. Juarez! :D

calls to NVC: 6

CIUDAD JUAREZ, American Consulate:

Apr. 27, 2005 case completed at NVC.

May 10, 2005 in route to Juarez.

May 25, 2005 Case at consulate.

-- Legal Disclaimer:What I say is only a reflection of what I did, going to do, or may do; it may also reflect what I have read others did, are going to do, or may do. What you do or may do is what you do or may do. You do so or may do so strictly out of your on voilition; or follow what a lawyer advised you to do, or may do. Having said that: have a nice day!