14 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

100 days after NOA1, and I still have no EAD and consequently no SSN… But yesterday I received an AOS interview appointment letter!

Help, we still don’t have many of the “proofs of relationships” we would like to take with us to the interview!!!

So, we have:

• Joint title to our car

• Letter from employer stating that my husband changed the beneficiary on his life/disability policy (to his wife, or me)

• Joint 2005 tax return

• Rent agreement (for both)

• Printout of receipts, husband paid my tuition from his account

• Denial letter from his bank – cannot open the Deposit account for me.

• Personal letters, official correspondence sent to our current address (for both of us)

• Medical insurance payment confirmation printout – for me at our current address

• Sport fishing licenses – for both of us, at our current address (hope they like it :P )

• A lot of photos

• Keys

We don’t have

• Car insurance policy for both (we currently own only one car that has stick shift. I only can drive cars with automatic transmission, so I don’t need car insurance now)

• Gas/electricity bill for both. (We went to PG&E and asked to add me into account so that my name also appears on the bill. Still, last bill mentioned my husband only. Went to PG&E again several days ago, and they promised that I will appear on the bill next time. But WHO KNOWS)

• Joint bank accounts/credit cards.

I still have no SSN. Is it possible to add me anywhere??? We wanted to add me to my husband’s debit (!) account at Washington Mutual. I got denial. Should we try again? Maybe at a different office?

• Medical insurance. (My international student insurance offers better terms then his domestic insurance and has to be paid in advance. So we currently have different medical insurance policies.)

Should we do anything regarding the "proofs" we currently don't have? Or will it possible to explain the interviewing officer why we don't have them?

How to overcome the SSN problem? I am not sure I will be able to get SSN before the interview.

You have about the same as we do, no car insurance either as not a named policy, no health insurance as I took it in the UK. We do have the bank account, that's the only difference. And we had the same problem with services, they don't do joint names anymore!

To be honest I really think that you have enough already - the tax return, rental agreement and car ownership, together with mail & photo's are all great evidence :thumbs:

Don't worry & good luck

Edited by sukie175

Filed: Timeline

Your list of what you do have is good..... dont worry about the things you dont have... if you are asked for swomething you dont have at the interview explain why you dont have it....

all we had at our interview was joint lease, 401k beneficiary, joint mail sent to us, photo's and our wedding bills..

I am sure you will be fine...

Kezzie

Filed: Timeline

timelena,

Your list of 'haves' is good, your list of 'have nots' is consistent with your circumstances.

If you filed a joint 2005 tax return you have an ITIN? That should suffice for opening a joint bank account, try a different bank if the one you're with won't accept that.

Yodrak

100 days after NOA1, and I still have no EAD and consequently no SSN… But yesterday I received an AOS interview appointment letter!

Help, we still don’t have many of the “proofs of relationships” we would like to take with us to the interview!!!

So, we have:

• Joint title to our car

• Letter from employer stating that my husband changed the beneficiary on his life/disability policy (to his wife, or me)

• Joint 2005 tax return

• Rent agreement (for both)

• Printout of receipts, husband paid my tuition from his account

• Denial letter from his bank – cannot open the Deposit account for me.

• Personal letters, official correspondence sent to our current address (for both of us)

• Medical insurance payment confirmation printout – for me at our current address

• Sport fishing licenses – for both of us, at our current address (hope they like it :P )

• A lot of photos

• Keys

We don’t have

• Car insurance policy for both (we currently own only one car that has stick shift. I only can drive cars with automatic transmission, so I don’t need car insurance now)

• Gas/electricity bill for both. (We went to PG&E and asked to add me into account so that my name also appears on the bill. Still, last bill mentioned my husband only. Went to PG&E again several days ago, and they promised that I will appear on the bill next time. But WHO KNOWS)

I still have no SSN. Is it possible to add me anywhere??? We wanted to add me to my husband’s debit (!) account at Washington Mutual. I got denial. Should we try again? Maybe at a different office?

• Medical insurance. (My international student insurance offers better terms then his domestic insurance and has to be paid in advance. So we currently have different medical insurance policies.)

Should we do anything regarding the "proofs" we currently don't have? Or will it possible to explain the interviewing officer why we don't have them?

How to overcome the SSN problem? I am not sure I will be able to get SSN before the interview.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I think you have enough, You will be fine :D good luck to you.

K-1 = 4 months

AOS = 5 months

I-751 = almost one year

I Love My Life With You

"A society is judged by how it treats its animals and elderly"

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Thank you for your replies! I really feel better now :D

Yodrak, I am still waiting for my ITIN as well. :(

My husband could probably request a second credit card for me, although the account will still be at his name. It would basically mean that my husband allows me to make purchases with his credit card.

Is it what they want to see at the interview?

Thank you for your replies! I really feel better now :D

Yodrak, I am still waiting for my ITIN as well. :(

My husband could probably request a second credit card for me, although the account will still be at his name. It would basically mean that my husband allows me to make purchases with his credit card.

Is it what they want to see at the interview?

Congradulations, Timelena

I am in Sacramento district, but I am still waiting for my interview letter. Could you tell me that your interview was scheduled by Sacramento office or MSC. My RD is Dec 2, 2005

Thanks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

FYI:

You DO NOT have to have a SSN to be added to your spouses bank account. I ran into this problem when I tried to add my husband. Here is a quote off of the Social Security Administration website.

"Lawfully admitted noncitizens can get many benefits and services without a Social Security number. You do not need a number to conduct business with a bank, register for school, apply for educational tests, obtain private health insurance, apply for school lunch programs or apply for subsidized housing. You cannot get a Social Security number for the sole purpose of obtaining a driver’s license. "

I tried again after I found this information and I simply told the teller that I needed a manager that was aware of these rules from SSA. The only thing we had to have was his passport with his visa and I-94.

GOOD LUCK. (F)

~~~~~~~~~~Time Line~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

02-03-2006 Received K-3 Visa.

02-21-2006 Filed I-485 and I-765 with lawyer.

03-04-2006 Received NOA on both AOS and EAD.

03-21-2006 Biometrics for AOS & EAD.(Our 3rd Wedding Anniversary)

03-22-2006 AOS & EAD Touched.

03-23-2006 AOS & EAD Touched.

03-31-2006 Emily's Birthday ~ 2 Years Old

03-31-2006 AOS & EAD Touched. (Could be from the AR-11 and I-865 Change of address forms).

04-03-2006 AOS & EAD Touched.

05-09-2006 USCIS Site states that EAD was approved.

05-11-2006 Received EAD Card in the mail.

06-05-2006 Received AOS Interview letter.

07-26-2006 AOS Interview - APPROVED.

07-31-2006 Received WELCOME letter in the mail.

07-31-2006 Received E-mail -- Card is on the way.

08-05-2006 Received Green Card -- Good for 10 years.

11-08-2006 New addition to the family - Anali Grace was born

:thumbs: Your document checklist looks good... Good luck!

threemonths09.jpg?t=1272087150Princess-Threemonthsold007-2.jpg?t=1271837591threemonths01-1.jpg?t=1272086957

Our Princess have her first tooth at five months of age.

fEdIm5.png?J2iWLNZY

I-130 (IR-5) Petitions for my Mom and Dad

*06-08-2010---Petition will send on this date???

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.