Together4ever

Called DOS...

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Well, I got extra brave and called DOS regarding our case. I have been begging the Embassy in Cairo since the beginning of April to verify if they received the copy of my lease they had requested. They have yet to respond to the 5 emails I have sent thus far.

According to DOS, there is no record in the computer that it was received. Only that Mohammed is in processing. Mohammed called TNT and asked if they delivered it, and they said yes.

Now... (my hand are shaking and I'm fighting tears) do I assume that the lease was lost it internally and send another one, or do I sit it out and wait for a response from the @#(*$& Embassy? This is getting costly and frustrating. Is it possible that it is there and just not entered? Too many possibilities I guess and I can't expect anyone to be able to answer this but those PEOPLE who are not answering my emails.

The woman at DOS was also kind enough to remind me that processing can take up to one year and that what I don't want is them to return my case but that they still have it so that she felt that was good. (BLAH). That didn't do much for my nerves. Mohammed is going to have a huge melt down over this so I need to find a way to get a grip before tonight.

Why oh why does this crud have to happen? Anyone have anything to offer?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Obviously I'm not as familiar with the Cairo embassy as the Casablanca consulate, but have you tried contacting them via another method besides email? Phone or Mohammed could try to go in person? If not, I'd get your congrssman involved at this point. It seems they are the best at getting responses from the embassy.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

istockphoto_105379_i_need_a_hug.jpg

I don't have anything helpful to offer, just a hug for you.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Jean dear looks like you are AP now. I am so sorry for you but there is nothing you can do to find out much more and the embassy will not respond most times. I just finsihed this horrible ride too. Try and send an email to see if they have the lease. They may or may respond.

BIG BIG hugs,

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Jean dear looks like you are AP now. I am so sorry for you but there is nothing you can do to find out much more and the embassy will not respond most times. I just finsihed this horrible ride too. Try and send an email to see if they have the lease. They may or may respond.

BIG BIG hugs,

Mary

I have sent 5 emails to the Embassy only asking for verification that they received the lease and am still waiting a response. The woman at DOS even told me to do this and then said "just be PATIENT". Grrrr.

Can someone correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't most of the applicants through Cairo gotten AP/AR? I guess I had it turned around. I have been reading that AR was the lengthy process.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Jean AP is more intense in checks than AR. From what I have read you can be in AR and then go into AP. AR is usually the security checks or can be issued for a missing document.

AP is home field investigations, job investigations, verifying the relationship is genuine and security checks. Once you go in AP they will not tell you anything. Omid is in this now. I was in it and a few others.

I know of a VJ member on here that had to have second interview and it was a K 1 she loaned her SO some money. He paid it back before the second interview and he was asked about the loan and it shocked them that the embassy knew this much information.

I also have said with Mohammad being your SO name it will probably take a little time for you to clear along with the lease issue in the beginning.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Jean, Could you scan a copy of the lease and attach it to your next e-mail? That's what I'd do if I was in your shoes, also if possible send the e-mail coded to let you know when it is opened. I'd say something sweet like "I know you're really busy but I haven't been able to verify that you received the copy of my lease sent on ______ via _____ so I am attaching a copy here. Please let me know if there is any additional information you need from me to help you finish processing our case." I'd also send copies of anything you might have to show you've actually moved into the apartment.

Just my two cents, so don't worry if it doesn't make sense or work.

Take care and hang in there.

Jean, Could you scan a copy of the lease and attach it to your next e-mail? That's what I'd do if I was in your shoes, also if possible send the e-mail coded to let you know when it is opened. I'd say something sweet like "I know you're really busy but I haven't been able to verify that you received the copy of my lease sent on ______ via _____ so I am attaching a copy here. Please let me know if there is any additional information you need from me to help you finish processing our case." I'd also send copies of anything you might have to show you've actually moved into the apartment.

Just my two cents, so don't worry if it doesn't make sense or work.

Take care and hang in there.

It's a good idea. All I can do is try.

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Well.... don't panic just yet. The wheels of bureaucracy grind very slowly at the consulates.

We were waiting on the Jerusalem consulate to process my husband's Israeli police certificate. It took more than 5 weeks from the day we requested the certificate (which was immediately sent out) to the day the consulate got around to acknowledging it... and it took almost another week for the visa to be stamped and mailed out to my husband. Mahmoud knows someone from his town with the Palestinian police who has dealings with the Israeli police, and he told us they KNEW our police report was at the consulate -- no chance for it to be lost --and to just wait for it to be processed.

Egypt is a much bigger consulate, so it is even more painfully slow. You can get another copy of the lease ready, just in case, but I wouldn't mail it yet. I know it's hard to just sit there doing nothing -- you feel so useless and helpless -- but try to grit your teeth and hang in there for another week or two. Since TNT has a record of delivering it, my guess is it's still sitting on someone's desk at the consulate, and you'll be getting a response soon.

Stay strong... you're almost done !

(F)

-MK

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Well.... don't panic just yet. The wheels of bureaucracy grind very slowly at the consulates.

We were waiting on the Jerusalem consulate to process my husband's Israeli police certificate. It took more than 5 weeks from the day we requested the certificate (which was immediately sent out) to the day the consulate got around to acknowledging it... and it took almost another week for the visa to be stamped and mailed out to my husband. Mahmoud knows someone from his town with the Palestinian police who has dealings with the Israeli police, and he told us they KNEW our police report was at the consulate -- no chance for it to be lost --and to just wait for it to be processed.

Egypt is a much bigger consulate, so it is even more painfully slow. You can get another copy of the lease ready, just in case, but I wouldn't mail it yet. I know it's hard to just sit there doing nothing -- you feel so useless and helpless -- but try to grit your teeth and hang in there for another week or two. Since TNT has a record of delivering it, my guess is it's still sitting on someone's desk at the consulate, and you'll be getting a response soon.

Stay strong... you're almost done !

(F)

-MK

Thank you. I'm trying. I have to cover the stupid reception desk right now and I swear I am biting the inside of my cheek so hard to keep from crying I taste blood. LOL

Jean - How are you feeling now habibty? (F)

Well, I have buried myself so deeply in my stupid work, and so intense again, I've been running people down in the hallway not paying attention to where I'm going. I'm upset but I'm trying to tear through the emotions/fear and get back to the logic. There was some good advice offered and its taken me THIS LONG (I'm such a 'tard) to digest it.

What is killing me the most is what this will do to Mohammed. And it's always ME that gets to dump the lovely news on him. I hate it. I think that I will fluff this up a bit because it may not be as dire as I took it and I don't want him to feel all the things I was feeling. Oh well frig it here come the stupid tears again... You know, all I want is MY HUSBAND BACK. I miss our life together, I miss him.

I'm going to have him call TNT tomorrow and see if THEY are willing to trace it. This is Egypt, so this could be a real joke, but it's worth a try. Thanks for asking about me and I swear I am trying so hard not to be a drama queen but this is so terrifying dancing on the edge all the time. One minute you fall towards comfort, the next towards chaos...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Jean - How are you feeling now habibty? (F)

Well, I have buried myself so deeply in my stupid work, and so intense again, I've been running people down in the hallway not paying attention to where I'm going. I'm upset but I'm trying to tear through the emotions/fear and get back to the logic. There was some good advice offered and its taken me THIS LONG (I'm such a 'tard) to digest it.

What is killing me the most is what this will do to Mohammed. And it's always ME that gets to dump the lovely news on him. I hate it. I think that I will fluff this up a bit because it may not be as dire as I took it and I don't want him to feel all the things I was feeling. Oh well frig it here come the stupid tears again... You know, all I want is MY HUSBAND BACK. I miss our life together, I miss him.

I'm going to have him call TNT tomorrow and see if THEY are willing to trace it. This is Egypt, so this could be a real joke, but it's worth a try. Thanks for asking about me and I swear I am trying so hard not to be a drama queen but this is so terrifying dancing on the edge all the time. One minute you fall towards comfort, the next towards chaos...

Wait it out a few days, maybe you will get some news. That way he won't be in a panic. :star: You are NOT being a drama queen, vent all you want habibty, we are here for you (F)

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.