Nasturtium

Curious MENA question...

120 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

Did you watch the video, I don't have extra martial affairs, I never slept around, ever, not because of religion, because it was something I just did, my own personal belief, not for all people, but for me it works. I do things because it is the right thing to do, I just know this deep down, like I can’t hurt animals, children, old people. I don’t steal, lie, cheat, or kill, and not because I think I will get points for the extra life, no, because that is who I am. I have met wonderful people who believe in God, also met a lot of them, not so wonderful, same with anyone. If my husband is just doing the right thing because he is in fear of God, than what does that say about his core person? So don’t paint brush all people, I most likely live like a freaking nun, has nothing to do with God, but what makes me live with my own self.

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Did you watch the video, I don't have extra martial affairs, I never slept around, ever, not because of religion, because it was something I just did, my own personal belief, not for all people, but for me it works. I do things because it is the right thing to do, I just know this deep down, like I can’t hurt animals, children, old people. I don’t steal, lie, cheat, or kill, and not because I think I will get points for the extra life, no, because that is who I am. I have met wonderful people who believe in God, also met a lot of them, not so wonderful, same with anyone. If my husband is just doing the right thing because he is in fear of God, than what does that say about his core person? So don’t paint brush all people, I most likely live like a freaking nun, has nothing to do with God, but what makes me live with my own self.

Nun the wiser.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Country: Libya
Timeline
I do things because it is the right thing to do, I just know this deep down,

That's called fitrah in Arabic. :) We are all born in this natural state but it's our surroundings who influence us to change from it as we grow up in this world. That's why God sent messengers with books and laws.... so we'd remain upon that natural state of worshipping Him and obeying His laws that he engrained into our souls upon creation even when our surroundings tempt us to change from it.

Muslimwoman-1-1.jpg

99GEAq-6owA

We need a Ramadan!! (part one)

VP's Blog

Filed: Timeline

Religion aside, heres my take on things...

I dont care if someone is agnostic or an atheist as long as they are kind to me and my children and other living things. I have met some absolutely horrible muslims and christians that if I looked at what they believed and then compared it to how they acted, a mosque or a church is the last place I would want to be.

I believe in trying to leave each situation better than how you found it. That our investment in others and our need to leave people better off than how we found them determines our worth as a person.

I have seen some horrible things done to women and children by so called muslims ( girls forced into prostitution in North Africa) Children abandoned because they were born out of wedlock, all kinds of nasty things that if someone saw someone do that to another, they wouldnt want to look at Islam twice

I have seen Christians abuse and batter their wives, using religions as a weapon to look down at others and all the time being just about as hypocritical as can be

Agnostics.... well I havent seen too many agnostics terrorising others..but then again , to be an agnostic , you have to question and think and how can a thinker have that much time or energy to be that jerky?

Atheism, I have honestly never met an atheist that I wanted to spend a protracted amount of time with. Just my choice.

Personally, I dont have a problem with agnostics at all. I do think that the average muslim who does ramadan and all that stuff would have a problem with his choice when it came to having kids with her. I have yet to meet a muslim yet who would be ok with the the mom of his babies not having a belief in God and some kind of faith.

I think the muslims extended family could deal with a Christian if they had kids. Someone with no belief in religion or was not supportive of the husband raising the kids muslim? I am sorry. I am not buying it. Maybe if its just a marriage for papers. But muslims want muslim kids even if it isnt evident at first. It will eventually come out.

Now if the muslim husband doesnt do ramadan and practice at all thats another story

But amazing... all the bar guy and male disco sluts around here turn into HAJJIS when ramadan rears its head. Its allah u akbar and wheres the mosque during that month.... I never saw an agnostic muslim during ramadan yet.

Just my take.. So shoot me

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I do things because it is the right thing to do, I just know this deep down,

That's called fitrah in Arabic. :) We are all born in this natural state but it's our surroundings who influence us to change from it as we grow up in this world. That's why God sent messengers with books and laws.... so we'd remain upon that natural state of worshipping Him and obeying His laws that he engrained into our souls upon creation even when our surroundings tempt us to change from it.

I don't know much about Islam, but I find this so interesting. This is something I have felt since I was a child. We are born with the knowledge of right and wrong (except peeing on the carpet), but circumstances happen, and we allow that to change us. Thanks for sharing that.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Yeah you personally come off as a real nice person. People here at school have a club for "atheists" at my university under a diff name and they're always getting drunk outside of school and making rude remarks for Muslims/Christians in class since everything's based on Iraq,911, etc all that mess. They're not bad people deep down because it's truly Shaytan. They just lack to know what are their boundaries. That's just people at my school though and atheists I've met so far face to face. I've yet to meet a humble, respectful, good hearted one :blink:

بحبك يا حبيبي اكمني بهواك و بحس انك مني

5474201_bodyshot_300x400_1214598846979.gif

5474626_bodyshot_300x400_1214601075246.gif

religion gets talked about alot these days , I go to church sometimes with other arab girls or wait for my muslim friends to go out after mosque on Fridays so yeah it (religion or no religion) would eventually come up

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline
People here at school have a club for "atheists" at my university under a diff name and they're always getting drunk outside of school and making rude remarks for Muslims/Christians in class since everything's based on Iraq,911, etc all that mess. They're not bad people deep down because it's truly Shaytan. They just lack to know what are their boundaries. That's just people at my school though and atheists I've met so far face to face. I've yet to meet a humble, respectful, good hearted one

Oh sweetie, they are most likely trying to get a rise out of people, I hate that also. That is not something I would ever do, that is just down right wrong. I wish I would run across someone doing that, but I have seen it done also by religious people also, one guy down in University of Florida he runs around the campus and describes the hellish death you will be getting soon. So yea, not all people are insane, but they are fun to watch. :devil:

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Now that I think about it, most of the good people I've met have been agnostic or atheist. Religious people are very judgmental and intolerant and seem to think that they are the only ones with any sense of morality.

That is kinda true, but not all people are like that. Every group has their share of good and bad. Personally I haven't met any Atheists who were nice talking to anyone who does believe in God but I'm sure there are good people out there.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
That is kinda true, but not all people are like that. Every group has their share of good and bad. Personally I haven't met any Atheists who were nice talking to anyone who does believe in God but I'm sure there are good people out there.

Yes, that's all I was getting at. My prior post really was tongue-in-cheek.

Oh boy, this thread seems like a very safe and welcoming place to reveal my true feelings on this subject.

NOT!

:lol::no:

Yeah, sorry, I tried.

LOL, good idea though!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I'm agnostic. This was what intrigued my Husband and for three years kept us up talking for hours. He was attempting to differentiate between atheist and agnostic and various religions. I did go to a christian private school during high school for a year to get some exposure, but mostly I was sheltered from religion growing up. Both my parents excommunications, for getting divorced in the bible belt, assured that. My religious aunts, uncles and grandparents would say "we were way out of the church." However, both my parents being formerly church goers still adhered to a moral compass to guide their children even if we weren't active in the church. My Husband accepted to marry me as long as I believed in one source for God/Allah, which I do. At the same time I believe in angels which we have in common and I believe in fairies which we think is the another word for jinns and we both believe in ghosts and folklores and he believes in genies so there is some extension here of beliefs and openmindedness about things.

How does his family deal with me being agnostic? We protect their feelings and tell them I am chrisitan but still searching, which is pretty much the truth since culturally that is what I was raised. I am still learning about various cultures and religions. His family seems to accept this. A lot of the times I think I am sheltered from what they really think since i don't speak their mother tounge. I have to trust what my Husband tells me they say. Sometimes they send me article from scholars to learn more about Islam in addition to communicating with me through email and voice over IP calls with the members that do speak english. I get a lot of exposure to Islam through them. My Husband and I have worked out many details between us about raising children in Islam, ect. We still have time though.

I do agree though that it would be much easier if we were on the same page culturually, religiously, ect... I told this to my Husband once and he said, "But then I wouldn't have you and it is you that I love. It is my right to be with the person I love and accept them for who they are. My family loves me so they accept you."

In addition to that my family has been very accepting of my marriage to a Muslim. My Mom is my advisor and helps me handle my complaints and anxieties during this period of seperation. She helps me in how to treat him well and is always encouraging and supporting of us. She understands my husband and i are having a permanent bond since our marriage. It is very nice to have both sides of the family supporting our marriage now regardless of religion differences.

Edited by Olivia*

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.