nunyab

How do I get copies of my 3 yrs of tax returns?

20 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Ok so I know I am getting ahead of myself but I thought I might as well do something instead of just waiting to be asked so I read that i'll need 3 yrs of tax returns... question:

How do I get those... I am a divorce' and neither him nor I have them (for whatever reason)

I share custody of my children and do i have to show support for them even though it's 50% custody of do I need to show that I can support my husband, myself and one child (cause we have 2)?

If there is a place I can find answers to these questions I would appreciate some direction.. thanks a bunch in advance.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Ok so I know I am getting ahead of myself but I thought I might as well do something instead of just waiting to be asked so I read that i'll need 3 yrs of tax returns... question:

How do I get those... I am a divorce' and neither him nor I have them (for whatever reason)

I share custody of my children and do i have to show support for them even though it's 50% custody of do I need to show that I can support my husband, myself and one child (cause we have 2)?

If there is a place I can find answers to these questions I would appreciate some direction.. thanks a bunch in advance.

all u have to do is call the IRS and the will send u print outs of it :)

Timeline

lol that sounds too easy. Do I just google "IRS" lol i was expecting something more involved... thanks for your prompt reply

Timeline

lol that sounds too easy. Do I just google "IRS" lol i was expecting something more involved... thanks for your prompt reply

lol no problem i had to find out too lol

i got the number from the IRS web site

but im told u can look in the phone book and call it

Try 1-800-829-1040. 24/7 automated free service to get tax transcripts from IRS.

Only took me 7 days to get last 3 years!

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline

Try 1-800-829-1040. 24/7 automated free service to get tax transcripts from IRS.

Ok so I went to the website ... did you have to pay $39.00 per year?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

no, you should be able to get copies of your tax transcripts for free.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Timeline

i didnt i just called and talked to them they asked why i wanted them they said no problem and sent them only time we were told we would have to pay is if they were faxed i was not in that big of a hurry

Timeline

i didnt i just called and talked to them they asked why i wanted them they said no problem and sent them only time we were told we would have to pay is if they were faxed i was not in that big of a hurry

Ok.. I'll call them during business hours on Tuesday... thanks a bunch

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

thanks for this thread caz i am also looking for a way on how can my husband get a copy of his Income Tax returns. :D

PiNk 1111450x83btxvr2h.gif

My son named Zac

"My son's smile makes my day complete"

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

06.17.2010 - submitted our papers

06.19.2010 - papers arrived at Chicago lockbox

06.24.2010 - Check cashed

06.28.2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy received (9 days from the day they got our papers)

07.05.2010 - Received Biometrics Schedule (July 26)

08.05.2010 - Biometrics done! (had to re-schedule from 7/26 to 8/5)

08.13.2010 - Got my interview letter

08.20.2010 - EAD card on production

09.06.2010 - Got my EAD Card (62 days)

09.07.2010 - Applied for SSN

09.14.2010 - SSN Card received

09.16.2010 - Interview schedule (APPROVED)

09.20.2010 - Welcome Notice Received ("Welcome to the USA")

09.25.2010 - 10 yr Green Card received! (98 days)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hey folks,

just call the automated # and get the last 3yrs transcripts these seem to be better than the copies of tax returns as far as i have read.i got all 3 yrs free.it only took 10 days to recieve.no problem.check out this revision of I-864 processing release.http://travel.state.gov/visa/laws/telegrams/telegrams_2863.html. it clearifies alot.Good Hunting to all!

Do not judge a man by his mistakes,judge him by what he learns from those mistakes.

04/22/2008 I-130 sent

05/05/2008 NOA 1 recieved

05/09/2008 I-129f sent

05/31/2008 NOA1 recieved

06/21/2008 TOUCHED(K-3)

06/23/2008 TOUCHED(K-3)

10/31/2008 TOUCHED(K-3)

09/27/2008 TOUCHED(CR-1)

01/04/2009 APPROVED(K-3)

01/04/2009 APPROVED(CR-1)

02/18-19 Medical(PASSED!!)

02/25/2009 K-3 Interview(PASSED!!)

05/27/2009 Enter U.S. POE Dallas

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

In my case my husband called from india and ordered them trascripts of tax account and returns for last 3 years. he said it was pretty easy and i got my Transcripts in 7 days.

My Timeline

- - - - -

USCIS Process

Nov 7th, 2007 Petition I-130 to NSC

Jan 22nd, 2008 recieved by CSC

Jan 28th, 2008 received NOA1

Apr 2nd, 2008 received NOA2

NVC Process

Apr 22th, 2008 recevied Case number(generated and sent on april 14th)

Apr 22th, 2008 recevied DS-3032/AOS Bill

Apr 24th, 2008 Sent AOS Bill to NVC

Apr 24th, 2008 emailed NVC for Choice of Agent.

May 2nd, 2008 email accepted for Choice of Agent

May 5th, 2008 Immigrant Visa Fee bill generated

May 8th, 2008 Got IIN and paid Immigrant visa bill Online

May 9th, 2008 packet of information generated

May 12th, 2008 AOS package sent to NVC

June 12th,2008 DS-230 received by NVC

June 16th,2008 DS-230 entered into system

June 19th,2008 Case complete..I am happy.

July 14th.2008 found out my interview date.....which is 5th august.

July 15th,2008 Case forwarded to New Delhi embassy.

July 22nd,2008 Medical Done.

July 25th,2008 VFS fee paid.

Aug 5th,2008 Visa Approved.

Aug 17th, 2008 expected POE.

Aug 27th, 2008 Social Security Number received.

Sep 7th, 2008 Green Card received.

May 22th, 2010 Filed i-751 to remove conditions.

May 30th, 2010 Received Notice of action

July 30th, 2010 Received Appointment letter for Biometrics

Sep 23th, 2010 Application Approved

Sep 28th, 2010 Green Card Received

Timeline
hey folks,

just call the automated # and get the last 3yrs transcripts these seem to be better than the copies of tax returns as far as i have read.i got all 3 yrs free.it only took 10 days to recieve.no problem.check out this revision of I-864 processing release.http://travel.state.gov/visa/laws/telegrams/telegrams_2863.html. it clearifies alot.Good Hunting to all!

Wow I read that and got just a touch more confused?? :unsure: I am still trying to figure out if my children will be counted as my dependants even though I have them 50% of the time... or do I just count 1??

Timeline
hey folks,

Wow I read that and got just a touch more confused?? :unsure: I am still trying to figure out if my children will be counted as my dependants even though I have them 50% of the time... or do I just count 1??

most the time the divorce papers from what i have seen of my brother in laws from his first marraige state who gets to claim them on their taxes and the support arrangements

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I had tis happen to me last year. I needed proof of income of some sorts. I called 333, and had them connected to IRS. I wasn't near an internet so couldnt find out how to reach IRS. I spoke to the rep, she was very helpful and kind. I got the addressof my local IRS office. I visited there and told them I needed a copy of my IRS (proof of income). They gave me copies of my reported income that was all stamped officially by IRS. Try it and find out about the local office, and they will give you the copies. They dont give you hard copies of the for you submitted, ie, if you submitted 1040A, you dont get the copy of it. You get a summary of reported data on IRS official sheet of paper (1 page long).

Edited by produke

[b]USCIS:[/b]
[color="#006400"]Filed I-130[/color]: Sept 10, 2007
[color="#006400"]NOA1 receipt:[/color] Jan 22, 2008
[color="#006400"]Able to check status online:[/color] Feb 22, 2008
[color="#006400"](fake) Automated Touches:[/color] Feb 22, 2008, Jan 14, 2009, April 26, 2009 (a fake SUNDAY touch)
[color="#006400"][b]Sued USCIS (writ of mandamus): May 6. 2009[/b][/color]
[color="#006400"]NOA2: I-130 and I129 Approved:[/color] June 18. 2009

[b]NVC:[/b]
[color="#006400"]NVC forwarded I-129 to the Islamabad embassy, case number assigned:[/color] July 8. 2009
[color="#006400"]NVC assigned case number to I-130; fee request sent to lawyer:[/color] July 14. 2009
[color="#006400"]AOS bill received from NVC:[/color] July 20, 2009
[color="#006400"]K3 (I129) interview/medical exam forms received by spouse abroad:[/color] July 18, 2009 (Not pursued any further)
[color="#006400"]AOS and IV bill paid: [/color] July 28, 2009
[color="#006400"]NVC sent request for AOS documents:[/color] Aug 19, 2009
[color="#006400"]AOS documents mailed to NVC:[/color] Sept 14, 2009
[color="#006400"]AOS documents received by NVC:[/color] Sept 28, 2009
[color="#006400"]Case complete at NVC:[/color] Oct 08, 2009
[color="#006400"]Interview date assigned on: [/color]Oct 14, 2009
[color="#006400"]Interview date at Islamabad:[/color] Nov 3, 2009
[color="#006400"]Approved:[/color] Nov 3, 2009
[color="#006400"]Arrival at USA:[/color] Nov 13, 2009
[color="#006400"]Received green card in mail:[/color] Dec 24, 2009

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.