flavaofsummer

why am i asking this..no one knows

30 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

i called immigration again for the 100th time and decided im not calling back im only making myself annoyed and unpatient. anywayz they said ur case pending for the interview and ur fingers cleared so u been waiting for 3 -4 months.. my question is do they really go by the local office???? cuz i filed in nov2007 and now nyc has july2007. looks like by the time they call me it will be I HAVE NO IDEA when! whats the deal with that? and people who filed like this year already became citizens. i cant even travel due to this. cuz they will question why i left the states and get all pissy aside they make u wait raise the fees then get pissy on u if anything u should be getting pissy!! how r u guys handling this how do i wait?

Asking the same question over and over is not going to give you the answer you want. Interview date depends on your local office and NY is probably one of the busiest ones. You are just going to have to wait until the timeline given in your NOA expires. Lets say the NOA said that you should have your interview approximately 365 days from your priority date, then that means that you need to start wondering around November of 2008 what is the problem with your case and right now has only been 6 months. You can still travel outside of the US as long as you don't go over the time that you are required to have for continuos residency (I can't remember how many months / days it is mentioned in the guidelines for citizenship).

Again, it all depends on your LOCAL office. Some people on this forum waited a year or more and some people got it within 6 months. Just be patient.

Permanent Residence Card Timeline

09.14.04: Conditional PR granted

06.14.06: I-751 sent

07.07.06: NOA extending GC for a year

07.24.07: Biometrics Appt

09.10.07: Called 1-800 to inquire about Status

09.14.07: Conditional GC expired :(

09.24.07: Received Letter dated 09.19.07 -->Case pending Officer review

10.15.07: Another useless call to 1-800 line

11.13.07: Infopass Appt to inquire about I-751 status - Letter to Ombudsman sent.

12.08.07: Letter from Ombudsman received. Formal inquiry initiated. I should hear back from USCIS within 45 days.

01.05.08: Response from USCIS received: Required Review still in process. Contacted Congresswoman office.

Approved per Congresswoman's office response given in March 08.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Citizenship Timeline

11.05.07: N-400 Submitted

11.08.07: N-400 Application Received

11.14.07: N-400 Application Check Cashed!!

12.03.07: NOA Receipt Received - Priority Date:11/08/07

12.08.07: NOA 2 --> Fingerprint Notification Received. Scheduled date is 12.31.07

01.12.08: NOA 3 --> Interview Appt Letter. Interview date is 03.04 at 9:40AM

03.04.08: Interview done. I should hear from them soon.

04.07.08: Oath Ceremony Letter Received!!!

05.02.08: Oath Ceremony completed. I am now an American Citizen

Asking the same question over and over is not going to give you the answer you want. Interview date depends on your local office and NY is probably one of the busiest ones. You are just going to have to wait until the timeline given in your NOA expires. Lets say the NOA said that you should have your interview approximately 365 days from your priority date, then that means that you need to start wondering around November of 2008 what is the problem with your case and right now has only been 6 months. You can still travel outside of the US as long as you don't go over the time that you are required to have for continuos residency (I can't remember how many months / days it is mentioned in the guidelines for citizenship).

Again, it all depends on your LOCAL office. Some people on this forum waited a year or more and some people got it within 6 months. Just be patient.

im about to change my name to Waiting4CitzShp as ur name shows ur waiting for a GC..and asking again and again is going to help at some spoint if someone has the same date as me or maybe if someone out there knows about the dates or perhaps some sort of idea

I "was" waiting for a Green Card when I joined the forum. I am no longer waiting for anything but still giving my opinion to people who may want to take it.

Permanent Residence Card Timeline

09.14.04: Conditional PR granted

06.14.06: I-751 sent

07.07.06: NOA extending GC for a year

07.24.07: Biometrics Appt

09.10.07: Called 1-800 to inquire about Status

09.14.07: Conditional GC expired :(

09.24.07: Received Letter dated 09.19.07 -->Case pending Officer review

10.15.07: Another useless call to 1-800 line

11.13.07: Infopass Appt to inquire about I-751 status - Letter to Ombudsman sent.

12.08.07: Letter from Ombudsman received. Formal inquiry initiated. I should hear back from USCIS within 45 days.

01.05.08: Response from USCIS received: Required Review still in process. Contacted Congresswoman office.

Approved per Congresswoman's office response given in March 08.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Citizenship Timeline

11.05.07: N-400 Submitted

11.08.07: N-400 Application Received

11.14.07: N-400 Application Check Cashed!!

12.03.07: NOA Receipt Received - Priority Date:11/08/07

12.08.07: NOA 2 --> Fingerprint Notification Received. Scheduled date is 12.31.07

01.12.08: NOA 3 --> Interview Appt Letter. Interview date is 03.04 at 9:40AM

03.04.08: Interview done. I should hear from them soon.

04.07.08: Oath Ceremony Letter Received!!!

05.02.08: Oath Ceremony completed. I am now an American Citizen

I "was" waiting for a Green Card when I joined the forum. I am no longer waiting for anything but still giving my opinion to people who may want to take it.

theres nothing wrong with waiting for a greencard..ur lucky u have one some would die for it..and what do u mean by asking is not going to do anything...isnt why this visajourny.com is for? for people to get help and opinions? or is it just to bash immigration? cuz im here for the opinions

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
i called immigration again for the 100th time and decided im not calling back im only making myself annoyed and unpatient. anywayz they said ur case pending for the interview and ur fingers cleared so u been waiting for 3 -4 months.. my question is do they really go by the local office???? cuz i filed in nov2007 and now nyc has july2007. looks like by the time they call me it will be I HAVE NO IDEA when! whats the deal with that? and people who filed like this year already became citizens. i cant even travel due to this. cuz they will question why i left the states and get all pissy aside they make u wait raise the fees then get pissy on u if anything u should be getting pissy!! how r u guys handling this how do i wait?

That is nonesense. You can travel, no one hold you back or force you to not travel, let alone get pissy if you choose to. As long as you respect the requirements (trips no longer than 6 months and all that jazz) you are fine. I as many other applicants, left the States after filing for citizenship for over 2 months to go see my family in my homecountry, all they do at the interview is ask you if you traveled overseas and they update your trip list. That is all. You can travel, just make sure someone can check your mailbox in case they send you an interview date while you're gone.

I think you should relax, as others pointed out to keep asking the same question over and over again will not give you the answer you want to hear. It is frustrating but all you can do is wait, look at my case...it took 10 months to complete, others took longer than that, others way shorter. Also the official processing time are not necessarily reliable, for my former distict office they never were in over 3 years I dealt with them.

Don't think about it so much trying to find an explanation you won't get, just study so you're prepared when they call you for your test. :star:

Good luck.

U.S. CITIZEN SINCE MAY 8TH 2008

NATURALIZATION

28th july 2007 - N-400 mailed to VSC

(exactly on the 90th day mark...applications NOT returned although some scared me into thinking they could have!)

30th july 2007 - N-400 delivered to VSC

11th august 2007 - Delivery Confirmation receipt received

17th september 2007 - Money Order (FINALLY!) cashed

9th november 2007 - NOA! (notification period given 180 days)

21th november 2007 - Biometrics appointment letter

18th december 2007 - Biometrics appointment in Baltimore, MD completed

29th march 2008 - FINALLY received letter with interview date!

8th may 2008 H 8:40 AM - Interview in Baltimore-APPROVED!

8th may 2008 H 3:00 pm (yes same day, crazy!) Oath Ceremony in Baltimore

24th may 2008 - US Passport application mailed off

6th june 2008 - US Passport received in the mail!!!

and what do u mean by asking is not going to do anything...isnt why this visajourny.com is for? for people to get help and opinions? or is it just to bash immigration? cuz im here for the opinions

Because this is the THIRD TIME I have seen you post asking the exact same question. You clearly don't like the answer you keep getting. Asking *the same question* over and over is NOT going to do any good except get us all pissed off at you because you keep complaining that no one will help you when what you mean is that no one will tell you what you want to hear instead of the truth.

My opinion is THE SAME AS EVERYONE ELSE'S ON THE LAST SEVERAL TIMES YOU ASKED. You will have to WAIT UNTIL YOUR LOCAL OFFICE GETS TO YOUR CASE.

Edited by sparkofcreation

Bethany (NJ, USA) & Gareth (Scotland, UK)

-----------------------------------------------

01 Nov 2007: N-400 FedEx'd to TSC

05 Nov 2007: NOA-1 Date

28 Dec 2007: Check cashed

05 Jan 2008: NOA-1 Received

02 Feb 2008: Biometrics notice received

23 Feb 2008: Biometrics at Albuquerque ASC

12 Jun 2008: Interview letter received

12 Aug 2008: Interview at Albuquerque DO--PASSED!

15 Aug 2008: Oath Ceremony

-----------------------------------------------

Any information, opinions, etc., given by me are based entirely on personal experience, observations, research common sense, and an insanely accurate memory; and are not in any way meant to constitute (1) legal advice nor (2) the official policies/advice of my employer.

I'm curious. Why do you insist upon asking if there is someone that has filed at the same time as you, when it is clear that the filing time is not dependent upon the date you will be naturalised. There are several steps between filing and being called for an interview ~ background check being one. Some checks take longer than others, but nonetheless, there are backlogs due to a flurry of filings before the price increase. That translates to a longer processing time. When you're in queue for Naturalisation, you're at the tail end of the whole immigration process. Why get your knickers in a twist now? Patience is a virtue :)

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

0hhhhhhh k..........i hope i dont tick u off

first of all u already here..........with the one u love......second of all if u wanna travel out of the usa for anything u can get advanced something or other that i have seen others talking about and it gives u certain amount of time that u can be out of the country and return...............i can understand getting upset at attitudes when calling immigration but really u have a lot more going for u than some of the rest of us........ok sorry but its how i feel......

sara

first of all u already here..........with the one u love......second of all if u wanna travel out of the usa for anything u can get advanced something or other that i have seen others talking about and it gives u certain amount of time that u can be out of the country and return...............i can understand getting upset at attitudes when calling immigration but really u have a lot more going for u than some of the rest of us........ok sorry but its how i feel......

sara

no need for ya'll to get all pissy..im asking cuz im here living with my crazy parents and my two kids my husband is over seas i want to become a cit so i can call him here faster duh is that so wrong? i dont live with him i miss him we r seperated due to this immigration, i have a GC so hes been waiting for his visa 5 years already..our 5 years of life r only together a few months to months so SORRY if i keep asking. my son doesnt remember his dad he thinks my dad is his dad whatever i dont care

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

sara

no need for ya'll to get all pissy..im asking cuz im here living with my crazy parents and my two kids my husband is over seas i want to become a cit so i can call him here faster duh is that so wrong? i dont live with him i miss him we r seperated due to this immigration, i have a GC so hes been waiting for his visa 5 years already..our 5 years of life r only together a few months to months so SORRY if i keep asking. my son doesnt remember his dad he thinks my dad is his dad whatever i dont care

Somehow I don't think that saying "duh" and calling people "pissy" is going to get you any help here.

There are any number of people here who have been waiting for years to get the chance to be with their loved ones.

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

sara

I apologize for my crack about u being here with ur loved one but the fact remains can still get advance something or other to take ur children to see their father........at least if what i have read in other post its possiable ......many of us have also waited years to be with the one we love................

maybe this is a dumb question but does immigration in some cases look at the situation im in meaning since i traveled alot to be with him can they hold that against me? this is just an opinion from urside cuz no one can be correct about this answer, im afraid they will say no to me since i traveled alot over seas but the only reason i did it is cus of my husband to see his kids my parents r here so i didnt abadon america i live out of a suitcase there and here i have everything to live with except their dad and my husband,,hmmm

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
maybe this is a dumb question but does immigration in some cases look at the situation im in meaning since i traveled alot to be with him can they hold that against me? this is just an opinion from urside cuz no one can be correct about this answer, im afraid they will say no to me since i traveled alot over seas but the only reason i did it is cus of my husband to see his kids my parents r here so i didnt abadon america i live out of a suitcase there and here i have everything to live with except their dad and my husband,,hmmm

The key benefit to some of us for US citizenship is to obtain a US passport in the event that the immigrants former country won't issue it. And why should they if you are a permanent resident of a different county? This no US passport deal for permanent residents of the US I view as an awkward to say the least rule as it is not easy nor convenient to maintain that foreign passport of a foreign country if you are not there.

A key factor of US citizenship is taking that oath so why not a similar oath for a permanent resident? Doesn't permanent resident mean just that, permanent resident. Or why even a permanent resident first, wasn't this way in our history, as I said before from the time my grandparents came here, took six weeks to become a US citizen. Today with delays in getting your conditional permanent resident card even with the marriage three year wait, and additional delays after that three year wait for processing the N-400, can take over five-six years. And immigrants do like to visit with there families now and then. Families can't come here due to our restrictions and extreme difficulty in getting a visa, but we can visit those countries without a visa from them, provided the immigrant here has some kind of passport. But that has to be from a foreign source, and how can one be allegiant to the USA when force by our crazy laws to also be allegiant to a foreign country?

Wonder if the rule writers considered this.

In the case of my step daughter, she hasn't seen her older brother in over four years now, while we had full documentation from the courts of her country where her biological father relinquished all rights to her that was perfectly acceptable to our USCIS. Her country where that document originated from was not recognized even by here own country, they insisted we get a notarized statement with an apostile from her biological father to give his permission before they would issue her a new passport. While a notarized statement here is signing the document in front of a notary free at any bank, there it is a very expensive process with a thousand buck pricetag. That is okay, but her biological father used this opportunity to blackmail her and wanted another 10,000 bucks to sign it. Even if I did agree, was no way to do this legally, ha, you send me the ten thousand and trust me kind of thing, I am not exactly stupid. So she had to wait until she was 18 where she didn't need his signature. Then other problems, you are not even living in this country when we did apply.

So I had to play politics, brought along the deeds of my wife's property, said we are just staying in the USA to make a lot of money then plan on returning, but this is the position my country put me in because they will not issue a US passport to a permanent resident.

What if find really ironic about this is that the DHS has an inch and a half thick pile of documentation on my wife, daughter, and me copied on both sides, they have their photos and fingerprints they took themselves, so they know they are here and took all their sweet time to verify these many documents, but yet are here on a very restricted basis. This is in contrast to the some odd 20 million illegals that are here they don't even know about. So why can't they issue some kind of passport? This puts all of us between a rock and a hard place.

flavaofsummer, if you are coming here for help and not just to complain, many some board members can help you, if they fully understood your situation. I have no idea if it's you or your husband that is the US citizen, why he is overseas, why you can only spend a couple of months so you can see him, nor the status of you and your husband. Could also suggest avoiding that internet shorthand that maybe just me can't fully understand.

But can only say that our laws are man made and perhaps not the best, as a US citizen, the procedure is to contact your senator or congressman and express the hardships these laws are causing you. One thing you will learn very quickly is that our congressman are not even familiar with the laws created by government agencies, in some cases so ridiculous, following the law of one agency breaks the law of another. Our Senator Fiengold was the only senator to vote against the APA, and his reason was, he was the only one that read it, which let me to read it, I couldn't believe what I read, but yet it is the law. Agencies were first created in this country to give our politicians technical advice on complicated matters, in 1972, many new ones were created with the power to make laws. No, I am not going to leave my country, but this is one big hell of a mess.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.