Cornishman

I-129f and I-130 APPROVED AT VSC!!!!!!!!!!

71 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
My valuable addition to the conversation is, "If you say you will, do."

I missed yours. What was it again?

It helps if you read what a person writes before accusing them.

Paris put the main details in her second post, the stuff that everyone wanted to know, the real details she got. A few post later she put up the details of the conversation. 90% of this was personal talk. To you this may not be useful information. To me it was. Someone has actually taken the time to really talk about this. Not just "Wait another 90 days" as everyone else who called has got. I don't know what happened when you called when you went through this process, but hearing someone does actually care at the VSC is a big thing. Probably 1 in every 100 phone calls gets someone who is a little bit helpful. The guy who provided the information is probably 1 in a million.

It may not provide any new information to someone looking in from the outside, but for those of us going through it right now it was a light at the end of the tunnel.

Please don't jump on someones back because they didn't help you, think about the people who they did help.

Please don't tell me how to think. I'm thinking of the help that could have come and have already acknowledge what little did come. And I did read each post in the thread. For the record, I responded to PM's from Parisheart, so any nasty PM's she got were not from me.

There's a lot of emotion in this process. Information is the best means of mitigating the negative emotions. A pat on the head or sympathetic ear doesn't help most people nearly as much as good information. I said my peace on all this early in the thread. I don't see how it's productive to argue about whether or how I should have expressed my opinion. I'll decide that for myself, thank you.

I'm new here, but I was under the impression that this was a forum to exchange information about processing times, RFEs, denials etc.

Starting to seem like it might be an emotional support group for people that are waiting for approvals, which is fine. If that's the case, can someone point me to the forum that relates to serious conversation related to cases being processed, or not processed. Delayed or not delayed etc.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Starting to seem like it might be an emotional support group for people that are waiting for approvals, which is fine. If that's the case, can someone point me to the forum that relates to serious conversation related to cases being processed, or not processed. Delayed or not delayed etc.

If you do find a better immigration tracking forum, please let us know, Sference.

Though I think this is the best one around.

You shouldn't base yourself on only a few posts in one thread.

Edited by Catt

Website US Department of State, Consular Affairs Bureau: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1339.html

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I'm new here, but I was under the impression that this was a forum to exchange information about processing times, RFEs, denials etc.

All the information you require can be found here with no emotional baggage.

There is no real information about the visas anywhere. What works for one person won't work for everyone. Why one person get approved in 40 days and why another waits a whole year is anyones guess. We tried the RFE trick and still got nowhere. If you are looking for a way to speed up your case then your looking in the wrong place.

When I started I thought I would get information out of this place, instead I found hope. Knowing that I wasn't the only one not to get a NOA1 for 5 months was a relief. Seeing other people get mad when someone was approved in 2 months was assuring. Seeing some approvals from people around my time showed me there was still hope.

In time you will realize its not whats happening that matters, its that you're not alone.

All the information you require can be found here with no emotional baggage.

There is no real information about the visas anywhere. What works for one person won't work for everyone. Why one person get approved in 40 days and why another waits a whole year is anyones guess. We tried the RFE trick and still got nowhere. If you are looking for a way to speed up your case then your looking in the wrong place.

When I started I thought I would get information out of this place, instead I found hope. Knowing that I wasn't the only one not to get a NOA1 for 5 months was a relief. Seeing other people get mad when someone was approved in 2 months was assuring. Seeing some approvals from people around my time showed me there was still hope.

In time you will realize its not whats happening that matters, its that you're not alone.

Pushbrk is NOT one of the 3 forum members who sent me nasty messages. He may be a bit too tough and outspoken and to the point, but he did not

send me a nasty message.

Guys I thank the ones who defended me and the ones who are just confused, and Im sorry. I only wanted to share hope with everyone who is waiting and for the ones who have been wating even longer. Im sorry, I wish I never made my posting. So Im going to sign off of VJ for good. I truly wish everyone to end to this emontional journey and enjoy their life with their loved ones here in the USA. Good luck and Good bye.

Paris Heart

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

paris, what are we going to do without you? you are part of our family and your comments sometimes and for a lot of peoples bright their days, don't go anywhere pls, any way it is proved that you never wil please every body. don't pay attention to them be here for us, please. we want to see when you get your aproval if you are going to pee in your pants or no? :blush::thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
I only wanted to share hope with everyone who is waiting and for the ones who have been wating even longer. Im sorry, I wish I never made my posting. So Im going to sign off of VJ for good. I truly wish everyone to end to this emontional journey and enjoy their life with their loved ones here in the USA. Good luck and Good bye.

Paris Heart

Posts like this drive me crazy.

If I got a dollar for every time I posted something and got a negative reaction, I'd have been long gone to my retirement island in the south Pacific.

Don't let this drive you away from a place of support.

And people who feel it necessary to use PMs to be nasty are just dumb, IMHO.

Edited by Cassie

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: France
Timeline
I only wanted to share hope with everyone who is waiting and for the ones who have been wating even longer. Im sorry, I wish I never made my posting. So Im going to sign off of VJ for good. I truly wish everyone to end to this emontional journey and enjoy their life with their loved ones here in the USA. Good luck and Good bye.

Paris Heart

Posts like this drive me crazy.

If I got a dollar for every time I posted something and got a negative reaction, I'd have been long gone to my retirement island in the south Pacific.

Don't let this drive you away from a place of support.

And people who feel it necessary to use PMs to be nasty are just dumb, IMHO.

I did not marry a quitter, you nagged me to join this site, not your not leaving me here alone Sweetness.

Mohand Akli

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Paris,

Why would you want to leave this group? Your journey not being with your spouse is by far more difficult than a few words from some total strangers!! Don't let this discourage you. I and a lot of people in this post appreicate all you have done.

You and I are in the same metroplex and if you are not here, I'm going to be lonely.. .I'm already alone without my lovely wife!! :crying:

Those that sent negative PMs, you should be a shame of yourselves. Don't take it on the messenger who was trying to help. If you are pissed off at USCIS, do somethign with them, not with your own peers!!

Marriage : 2007-11-24

I-130 Sent : 2007-12-10

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-02-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-02-11

07/11/2008 - Approved for both I-129F and I-130 (e-mail)!!!!!!!

PARIS,

I too agree that you shouldnt get discouraged. Think of this site as real life... there are ####### and there are nice people. You cant just end your life over a few #######..... Relax.. take some time and then re-post and keep the good guys posted.

CR1

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-19

Touched : 2008-09-26

Touched : 2008-09-27(they work on saturdays?)

I-130 NOA2 : 2008-09-29

222 DAYS

CR2 (Our)daughter

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-06-27

I-130 NOA2 : 2008-09-26

89 DAYS

K3

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA2: 2008-09-29

173 DAYS

~~~NVC~~~

10-01-2008 NVC Case Recieved/Numbers Assigned

10-02-2008 NVC IIN Numbers Acquired after 14 tries. (take the "call after 10p" tup) it WORKS

10-04-2008 Paid AOS $70 AND sent DS-3032 by email (.pdf) and by MAIL

10-08-2008 AOS SHOWED AS PAID - AOS Docs Sent out

10-08-2008 IV FEE GENERATED then PAID

10-08-2008 SDQ CONSULATE GRANTS EXPEDITE REQUEST AND REQUESTS CASE

10-27-2008 SDQ INFORMS MY WIFE, TO PICK UP "OPEN INTERVIEW" PAPERS

10-28-2008 INTERVIEW PAPERS AND MEDICAL INST. RECIEVED

10-29-2008 MEDICAL DONE

11-04-2008 MEDICAL RESULTS RECIEVED

11-05-2008 INTERVIEW (APPROVED)

#-#-#### VISA/PASSPORT(S) RECEIVED

#-#-#### POE

TOTAL DAYS FORM PETITION TO INTERVIEW-260 DAYS or 8 months, 17 days

PARIS,

I too agree that you shouldnt get discouraged. Think of this site as real life... there are ####### and there are nice people. You cant just end your life over a few #######..... Relax.. take some time and then re-post and keep the good guys posted.

mrc1330 and others.

Thank you for your kind words, I think I did it hastely, been under extreme pressure, mixed with loneliness equals melt down.

Im will take a few days and I will be back, and since my husband has finaly joined the forum after hounding him for weeks on end, I will be back.

Everyone have a safe and good Memorial weekend. See you all soon.

Mohand, "Paris' Husband" thanks Honey, XXX

Paris Heart

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

We are all in the same boat here. The only difference between us is in style: some are more emotional and others believe in facts only. We must not forget what the real problem is: this long and difficult process we are going through without any idea of when it might end. Something like being locked up with no idea for how long, and no answers from the prison system, just some info on the VJ, stories from the fellow inmates. Information is everything here, and I think that member Pushbrk has provided tons of useful answers to some tricky questions and we should be thankful for that. If someone wanted to share the happiness with the rest of us, that's fine too, what matters is sharing, the effort itself. In the end, I want you all to leave this forum because your visa journey is over :thumbs: . There's a beautiful life out there, outside these walls...

This sucks more than anything else has ever sucked before.

An October 2007 I-130, I-129F filer.

Should've played the Green Card Lottery instead - it's less random and more reliable.

"Inflammable means flammable???!!! What a country!" - Dr. Nick :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.