GaryC

How much have the Democrats cost you at the pump?

151 posts in this topic

How much have the Democrats cost you at the pump?

Marc Sheppard

Senator Chuck Schumer claims that coercing Saudi Arabia to increase oil production by 1 million barrels a day would drop the per barrel price by $25, saving Americans 62 cent per gallon at the gas pump. Yet, somehow, that same amount of oil coming from Alaska's Arctic National Wildlife Refuge would only ease oil prices by a penny.

In a Senate floor speech he gave on May 13th, the New York Democrat insisted that:

"If Saudi Arabia were to increase its production by 1 million barrels per day that translates to a reduction of 20 percent to 25 percent in the world price of crude oil, and crude oil prices could fall by more than $25 dollar per barrel from its current level of $126 per barrel. In turn, that would lower the price of gasoline between 13 percent and 17 percent, or by more than 62 cents off the expected summer regular-grade price - offering much needed relief to struggling families. "

Schumer repeated these words almost verbatim when grilling oil company executives during yesterday's Senate Judiciary Committee hearings.

Yet Schumer's daily magic number of 1 million barrels is the exact increase experts believe we would today be pumping through the Alyeska pipeline had Bill Clinton not vetoed ANWR drilling back in 1995. And even the most rabid anti-domestic-drilling Democrats don't take issue with that figure.

So then, the increase he demands of "Bush's friends," the Saudis - which he claims would reduce prices by up to 25 percent -- is the exact amount he argued earlier this month would only "reduce the price of oil by a penny" were it coming from ANWR - eco-sacred breeding ground of the Porcupine Caribou.

It doesn't take a Ph.D in economics to know that both figures can't be right.

Nor one in Poli-Sci to know why they're so starkly different nonetheless.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2008/0...mocrats_co.html

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

Of course. There we come out of a decade or so of Republican majorities in the Congress, nearing the end of the second term of a Republican President and the high gas prices are, you guessed it, the Democrat's fault. Frankly, that's just an idiotic argument to make. It's interesting how those that preach personal responsibility are so reluctant to actually accept any. Quite typical for the Do-as-I-say-not-as-I-do party aka the GOP.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Of course. There we come out of a decade or so of Republican majorities in the Congress, nearing the end of the second term of a Republican President and the high gas prices are, you guessed it, the Democrat's fault. Frankly, that's just an idiotic argument to make. It's interesting how those that preach personal responsibility are so reluctant to actually accept any. Quite typical for the Do-as-I-say-not-as-I-do party aka the GOP.

Get used to it, Reinhard. Gary's dropped his anti-Global Warming crusade and is now focused on disseminating disinformation into the blogosphere. :jest: A sure sign of desperation.

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

We could also look at new technology and alternative fuel sources too.

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Shhh...that's crazy talk. Drilling in ANWAR is going to save us from our relentless appetite for oil.

Timeline

Shhh...that's crazy talk. Drilling in ANWAR is going to save us from our relentless appetite for oil.

Sorry. I'll go hug a tree now.

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

*gasp* that's a logical and rational statement that has no place in this discussion!

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Timeline

*gasp* that's a logical and rational statement that has no place in this discussion!

Sheesh, Cassie. I already said I'd go hug a tree and zip my mouth.

:devil:

penguinpasscanada.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

apparently tree-huggers type faster than I do :P

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Timeline

apparently tree-huggers type faster than I do :P

Yes, our fingers get great excercise with all that "embracing nature" ####### that we do.

hee hee

penguinpasscanada.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Aren't you talking apples and oranges?

One way was new wells? Costing lots of money?

The other way is getting more oil out of existing wells? Costing less money?

I'm not an expert, but isn't that the case, and doesn't it blow the authors point out of the water?

K1 Visa Process long ago and far away...

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

AOS Process a fading memory...

01/31/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD package for Olga and Anya

06/01/07 - Green card arrived in mail

Removing Conditions

03/02/09 - Mailed I-751 package (CSC)

03/06/09 - Check cashed

03/10/09 - Recieved Olga's NOA1

03/28/09 - Olga did biometrics

05/11/09 - Anya recieved NOA1 (took a call to USCIS to take care of it, oddly, they were helpful)

Typical. Clinton was the one that made Alaska off limits. The dem controlled congress shot down any attempts to open the area up. The reps tried to open those areas up and met with so much resistance from the dems in the form of filibusters they couldn't get it through. This is all on the door steps of the environmentalists and the dems whether you like it or not. But I am sure you will continue to deny it regardless of the facts. It's what your side does best.

Thats just the dumbest thing I think I ever seen you type. But I am getting used to it so carry on.