nunyab

Muslims

2,650 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
nope u still have to wash ur face coz its exposed to the elements. yeah ur feets are fine if u've been wearing socks and have not gotten them dirty (aka going outside sock footed etc).

Ah well, I dont' wear makeup anyway - was just curious ;)

What I really want to know is if there is a place I can order those sleeves online.

I have some, but they are white and I wear them 5 days a week to work and they are slowly turning a greyish color and it's been almost 1 yr. I'm about to switch jobs so maby I could get another 2 white ones and some colored for when I have to wear office clothes and business suites (wearing a chef's uniform right now)

U can prolly find'em cheaper than I got mine. Mine were 5 dollars for 2 pair. There's a shop about what...10 or 15 minutes from my place and I'm all sortsa happy to have been led to it via VP. Thanks

I'm sure u can gettem online but can't remember where exactly. Mine go up to the elbows, not all the way up the arm.

I paid about the same price and mine go to the elbow but have lace around the wrists... and yes I have found that covering does keep you cool.. how is that possible??? I think it's all up to Allah. :star:

Timeline
My thought is this. I want my husband to be proud that I am his wife. If I were to go out with no make-up and didn't dress nice I can see people saying my husband is with a ugly woman. When I make myself look nice (and I do dress very modest and I don't wear a lot of make-up) it's not that I want other men to look at me, but it's that I want them to think my husband has a nice looking wife.

that's right Alhamdulillah. The only ppl that *need* to see u all "purtiefied" is ur family and especially ur husband since he's the one that gets the joy of looking at you without u being fully covered. Think of it this way... what sense does it make to get beautiful for the world and make ur husband look at you looking like a horses butt? (disclaimer: I wasn't aiming that phrase towards anyone here or insinuating that any of us look like an actual horses butt)

To me it makes more sense to be appealing to ur husband and less appealing to the outside world since u want ur husband to be attracted to u and not anyone else...right?

I want to look good for my husband regardless of the location. If I go out with my husband without my make-up I'm sure my husband will be 50 feet away from me! :jest: I would think that a man would want their wife to look good when he's out with her.

eta: in islam that is one of the reasons a woman is to cover. It hides her beauty (or the lack thereof) from everyone so they don't know what u look like. this preserves you for only your husband. Does that make sense?

That made me laugh!

You know I used to think the same too until my husband explained to me how proud he was to have a women that didn't do those things for others.... he prefers me to not wear makeup and wear hijab cause I am only for him. If anyone thinks I am pretty or not is none of their concern nor should that even be a relevance. My husband loves when I put lipstick on and do my hair and face just for him. And loves it even more when he sees me taking it off before we would go out.

Talk to your husband is the best thing I can suggest. What makes mine happy won't necesarily make yours happy.

Also, found some blistex chapstick feels like lipstick but no color or shine. hehe Hamdolah :star:

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline
Also, found some blistex chapstick feels like lipstick but no color or shine. hehe Hamdolah :star:

Hehe...there you go Rajaa...I'm glad for you. It is nice to just feel a little girlie sometimes - which can be done with much modesty. :thumbs:

Timeline
CrazyinEgypt- ofcourse u wdnt let urself go out with ur husband looking messy lol.... i dress modestly;But not UGLY lol i make sure colors of what im wearing match n that they r clean n its how my carry urself that makes the impression on ppl really.

Ganjagirl- Allah says in the quran that He has created all things that we know of n that we dont know of.... they re just like any other creation.....

Just for info; i never felt i was half worth of a man, al hamdulillah i ve always had equal opportunities n my religion never got in my way n it always opened so many roads for me to achieve my goals. Other countries make it difficult on women out of tradition and cultural beliefs IMO.

:yes:

Timeline
Hijab and modesty aren't only for women. What do your men do to not be attractive to other women?

Great question... prior to our marriage my husband and I agreed on several things this was one of them.. not only is he supposed to wear lose fitting clothing from waist to knee but a shirt too. He thought it was weird how I asked that of him when to me it made perfect sense. He couldn't imagine we women would be or could be attracted to a bare chested man. I replied and what about my bare arms could attract a man??? He conceded.

But again that was one of our "agreements" we made prior to marriage. We also have a "hijab" behavior we follow the both of us.

Timeline

Hehe...there you go Rajaa...I'm glad for you. It is nice to just feel a little girlie sometimes - which can be done with much modesty. :thumbs:

lol Thanks.. it's silly but did the trick. :blush:

Timeline
Hijab and modesty isn't only for women. What do your men do to not be attractive to other women?

True so true...I find that if a wife is going to cover completely, her husband should display his modesty too...cover up as well - doesn't have to wear a head garment, but he should be covered from neck to toe. He should make himself the most presentable as possible. What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

As you all know, we're not Muslim, but oddly enough, my husband and I try to dress similarly for all occasions. If I want to wear sneakers or jeans, he will too. Whenever we have any festive party, whatever it is...we always dress accordingly. I also try never to wear anything revealing, nothing low-cut, nothing that he would find objectionable. I actually find that by doing this, it keeps things very peaceful in our home. Also, I never really wear any makeup except for lipgloss to keep the lips hydrated - I prefer the natural look. There is one thing that I do enjoy that my husband does regularly - he loves cologne and I like that.

Timeline

lol Thanks.. it's silly but did the trick. :blush:

You're welcome...and it's not silly, sometimes we just need to feel like a woman again. :innocent:

Filed: Country: Libya
Timeline
Hijab and modesty aren't only for women. What do your men do to not be attractive to other women?

He cuts all his flippin curls off!!!! :angry::ranting:

You're right though and this ticks me off about a lot of men.... you'll see women covered up head to toe at the store and her husband wearing shorts and tight tank tops! That really gets my goat!

My hubby doesn't wear shorts outside, even though most of his shorts come below his knee anyway. When I asked him why he doesn't wear the long shorts outside he said because it isn't fair to me when I'm all covered up and he's in shorts. He also wouldn't be caught dead outside or in front of anyone other me with no shirt or in a shirt with no sleeves. He also doesn't wear short shirts anymore because I gets jealous :innocent:

He likes to wear his traditional clothes and I like when he does but he's shy to wear it in public here unless we're going to the masjid. I guess he's scared the American men will tease him about wearing a dress....

He also leaves his beard and doesn't shave.

Edited by Alhamdulillah

Muslimwoman-1-1.jpg

99GEAq-6owA

We need a Ramadan!! (part one)

VP's Blog

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

He cuts all his flippin curls off!!!! :angry::ranting:

You're right though and this ticks me off about a lot of men.... you'll see women covered up head to toe at the store and her husband wearing shorts and tight tank tops! That really gets my goat!

agreed! :thumbs:

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Timeline

my habibi is a typical moroccan (from my understanding) lol so some days we have a beard others nope.... I love it when it gets past the "ouchy" phase of his beard and get a little ticked when he shaves but like it smooth too...

Filed: Country: Libya
Timeline
my habibi is a typical moroccan (from my understanding) lol so some days we have a beard others nope.... I love it when it gets past the "ouchy" phase of his beard and get a little ticked when he shaves but like it smooth too...

I can't stand mine to shave.... he used to before he got here but he stopped once he was here because he knows I hate it. He's made it into a goatee once since he's been here and I was like.... ummmm NO so now it's back to a full beard.

Muslimwoman-1-1.jpg

99GEAq-6owA

We need a Ramadan!! (part one)

VP's Blog

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.