nunyab

Muslims

2,650 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

Juliana you didn't say anything to offend me. I wasn't referring to you at all :)

Edited by S and S

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
OK, as I had a day off with Dh, I chose to ask him some things about this thread. He answered as such:

1. Laughed hysterically about the idea of not pouring hot water down a drain, then called me over when he was washing dishes and threatened to pour hot water down the drain, pretended to get socked in the face, then went totally straight-faced about his business.

2. Said the Sunnah is that if a donkey brays in the night, it is because the donkey has seen the shaytan. I asked why is it donkeys can only bray during the daylight hours. He said he's fairly sure they can bray at any time they want to bray in his opinion, but that that is what the sunnah says.

3. Does not give a flip about Israel. Doesn't care one way about Jews or the other. Equally not caring about the Palestineans. Says people are people and governments are governments and wishes more people would just realize that fact (this would be in conflict with my BIL who thinks all Jews and Americans (Americans= Jews in disguise) are in a vast conspiracy to rule the world.)

1. That pouring hot water down a drain brings out angry jinn is sourced in the concept of jinn possession, because hot water is one way to harm jinn.

2. The entire hadith: "It is reported that the Prophet said: "If you hear the braying of donkeys, then solicit Allah's protection from the shaytãn, for they have seen a shaytãn; and if you hear the crowing of the Rooster, then ask Allah of His Benevolence, for it has seen an Angel"." Not sure why donkeys often represent the negative in ahadith.

3. Neither of us are Jew-haters, even tho I'm Palestinian. I'm more biased against zionists of any stripe.

Actually, the start of the Israeli/Palestinian conflict can be rested on the shoulders of the Brittish. The US wouldn't hardly help Israel at all until the late 1960s. Now days you can put a lot of the blame on the US, but not the beginning. The most the United States did was vote for the creation of Israel which many other countries did the same or it wouldn't have passed. It was Brittain who lied to the arabs and promised them the land and then later promised it to the Jewish, so I hold the blame of the start of the conflict squarely on their shoulders.

So my husband has a really severe intense hatred to any and all Jews, and I don't know about ya'll but growing up I was taught to not hate anybody, especially not hating a whole group of people just for the actions of a stupid few, plus my family is extremely diverse so chances are if I'm racist against someone then I'd also be practicing racism towards one of my ancestors. I asked him if he's even met a Jew, no. I told him I know lots of Jews in California who don't support Israel or who just don't give a ####### one way or another, or who don't know enough to give a #######, but that didn't seem to have any influence on his thoughts. He swears that each and every Jew on the planet is part of a conspiracy theory against the Arabs, at which point I told him he's just going along blindly with what people have been telling him. I'm not asking him to go be best friends with them, I would just like that kind of discrimination to not exist in my nuclear family. I will not tolerate my children growing up to hate any group of people, period. I don't think "hateful" fits under the description of a "good Muslim". On another note, do you know how many Jewish converts there are to Islam? It's surprising!

sorry, but i am just having a difficult time understanding how someone winds up married to a bigot when they say they are so diametrically opposed to such a viewpoint. this isn't like leaving the lid off the toothpaste or leaving his dirty clothes on the floor-it's like a big deal.

this seems like an awfully big mountain to climb, especially after having already married him. best of luck with that!

I'm not "diametrically opposed" to his viewpoint as I too do not like neither the Israelis who actively participate in the occupation of Palestine nor anyone in any part of the world who supports the Israeli occupation. I was just wondering if ALL Arabs share this viewpoint and if it's instilled in them from an early age as it was for my husband and his family/friends/part of Morocco obviously, and how anyone came to take the "edge" off of it, if anyone has been successful with their SO. It's like how my grandma's generation hated black people, and there was an irrational part to it, that's what I want to get rid of. But I'm saying to forgive the GUILTY Israelis and to look the other way, absolutely not. I generally don't discuss things that I hate with my husband or anyone because I'm not a negative person, and it just never came up. This all surfaced when I wanted to go to the future wedding of a Jewish friend of mine and asked if Mohamed would go with me (that is, if we'll be living back in the States by then, if not, sorry friend!). It was as if I'd asked him if I could take a second husband. :bonk: He said I could go but don't expect him to go. That's fine, he doesn't know anybody anyways!

there's more to it than forgetting a word or two in your post.

you said my husband has a really severe intense hatred to any and all Jews and He swears that each and every Jew on the planet is part of a conspiracy theory against the Arabs

along with I was taught to not hate anybody, especially not hating a whole group of people just for the actions of a stupid few and I will not tolerate my children growing up to hate any group of people, period.

there is a huge difference between disliking and protesting israeli policies in the occupation of palestine and possessing a "really severe intense hatred to any and all jews". i understand the difference and find the idea of people possessing "really severe intense hatred to any and all jews" or any other group of people on earth based on their ethnicity, religious beliefs, skin color, etc. to be completely and totally atrocious and repugnant, regardless of anything that happens in palestine or elsewhere. my arab moroccan husband understands the difference between the two as well, and is able to dislike those policies and be opposed to them without being an ignorant bigot who hates jews or anyone else. it's unfortunate, and rather sad that yours is not able to do the same.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Alrighty ladies and gentleman.... I really appreciate the interaction but please can we keep this thread as the intended supporting aspect we so often need in this day and age? I know I didn't write it but I assumed we as adults would understand and appreicate one another's differences, choose to agree to disagree and move on. This is the Muslim thread... I have to wonder how some of you are acting are you helping or hurting the Islamic cause to anyone non muslim reading this thread. So please if would refrain from the name calling and take it off the thread and in your PM I would appreciate it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

so rajaa how r u settling back in after just coming back from being with ur s/o? when ever i came back from seeing perviz it always took me a month or two to even be able to concentrate on anything lol....oh and by the way my brother in law is going to take pics of different hijabs in the market then we will tell him what ones we like and he will send them to us so maybe problem solved for a while lol...........

Timeline
so rajaa how r u settling back in after just coming back from being with ur s/o? when ever i came back from seeing perviz it always took me a month or two to even be able to concentrate on anything lol....oh and by the way my brother in law is going to take pics of different hijabs in the market then we will tell him what ones we like and he will send them to us so maybe problem solved for a while lol...........

Settling? I hate being away but I am sucking it up. My husband is having as difficult as a time as me so we both try to put on our tough faces on when we talk msn Im (with cam) lol. But i am trying to hang in there. It didn't help coming back to losing my job but... i started running today hoping it will help my mood.

I am glad you found an alternative to the hijab dilema... now if we can just open more stores thoughout the U.S. I think that would be more helpful....lol

Alrighty ladies and gentleman.... I really appreciate the interaction but please can we keep this thread as the intended supporting aspect we so often need in this day and age? I know I didn't write it but I assumed we as adults would understand and appreicate one another's differences, choose to agree to disagree and move on. This is the Muslim thread... I have to wonder how some of you are acting are you helping or hurting the Islamic cause to anyone non muslim reading this thread. So please if would refrain from the name calling and take it off the thread and in your PM I would appreciate it.

are you actually insinuating that i, as a muslim, am hurting the islamic cause by calling out bigotry as bigotry, and am hurting the islamic cause by saying myself and my arab muslim husband think such bigotry is atrocious and repugnant and wrong? sorry, but i can't morally and islamically support someone's husband being a bigot, when they've put that out there publicly. silence on the matter can be just as harmful as publicly making the statement in the first place. this isn't like agreeing to disagree over someone's taste in movies or music. it's just a little bigger than that.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

lol i guess you haven't had the chance to see all the drama on this mena forum!

بحبك يا حبيبي اكمني بهواك و بحس انك مني

5474201_bodyshot_300x400_1214598846979.gif

5474626_bodyshot_300x400_1214601075246.gif

Timeline

lol i guess you haven't had the chance to see all the drama on this mena forum!

I guess not?????

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I also wonder if you are aware of the fact that there are Israeli's and Jews who are reading this? How do you think they feel? VJ is a diverse community and members are free to read and post. This isnt some exclusive thread for Muslims Only when you, the OP stated in your title... ' or anyone

interested ' . Just my .02 shekels worth.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

There is nothing saying she can't post a muslim thread. Of course people of other faiths can read or comment, but your criticism is hardly constructive or welcoming to newer members.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
There is nothing saying she can't post a muslim thread. Of course people of other faiths can read or comment, but your criticism is hardly constructive or welcoming to newer members.

Neither is the bigotry contained in here constructive to newer members.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline

I also wonder if you are aware of the fact that there are Israeli's and Jews who are reading this? How do you think they feel? VJ is a diverse community and members are free to read and post. This isnt some exclusive thread for Muslims Only when you, the OP stated in your title... ' or anyone

interested ' . Just my .02 shekels worth.

I stand corrected (if that's what I said) I apologize.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Settling? I hate being away but I am sucking it up. My husband is having as difficult as a time as me so we both try to put on our tough faces on when we talk msn Im (with cam) lol. But i am trying to hang in there. It didn't help coming back to losing my job but... i started running today hoping it will help my mood.

I am glad you found an alternative to the hijab dilema... now if we can just open more stores thoughout the U.S. I think that would be more helpful....lol

yeah i would so love to see a affordable store open in the Salem area for all types of Islamic items not just hijab .......... :)

Filed: Country: Libya
Timeline
April, i understand what you are trying to say even if others don't. Your wording wasn't perfect, but I see where you were trying to go with your points.

so can i......

antisemite.jpg

Arabs are semites as well.... :star:

Muslimwoman-1-1.jpg

99GEAq-6owA

We need a Ramadan!! (part one)

VP's Blog

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.