Mountain777

FEB. I-130 APPROVED ALREADY?... FOR AN IRAC SPOUSE???

47 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
Well I beg to differ. I dont think it was appropriate to use her case with the wording and dialogue you originally stated. I think she would be very hurt by that.

Doesn't really matter if YOU think using her case as an example was wrong. Or what you think might be appropriate words or not. Look, hurt about what? What do you think about approving Iraqis automatically? How can you think a through background check can be done on a person from halfway around the world in 11 days... or 42? huh? You tell me! Protect our borders? I think?

Besides all this.... Realistically... what would a 45 yr. old woman from South Carolina be doing marrying a man from Iraqi in the middle of a war zone??? Look, I don't know. That is not a question being asked by USCIS? It should be. Or maybe she flew to Iraq to marry him after meeting on the internet or something like this who knows.

Hey, I am married to Colombian woman and you know what... the US GOV wants to make damn sure that she is not married me just for a visa. And with good reason! Because this is what so many others do yes? Fraud their way into US illegally.

Colombia is a very dangerous place to be too. Ever been there? mmm... They have the FARC and narco-traficants and paramilitaries, groups of terrorists to worry about. 2 bombs went off in Cali just last week. How do I know? I am here to know!

If they US GOV can THOROUGHLY check a Colombian... they can thoroughly check out Iraqis all the more I think. Period. Now fight amungst yourselves on this, I'm finished.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
Mountain, I read what you wrote and the implication is clear. That it wasn't stated outright does not erase the motivation behind the posts. Using language that skirts what you are clearing implying does not change the implication. It is clear to most 16 year old girls and probably quite a few 13 year olds as well. Shall I ask my daughter her interpretation of what you wrote so we can get an actual 13 year old to call your post prejudiced? Then how would you insult her? Would you call her a 10 year old? Or maybe a 6 year old?

oohh yes... sshhh! It's a conspiracy against Iraqis don't tell anyone!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Wow, Mountain...you're really something. Its ok though, you know you're statementS were wrong. You're just too prideful to admit it. So its all good. Run on now, we know the likes of you.

Edited by Marlita

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Well I beg to differ. I dont think it was appropriate to use her case with the wording and dialogue you originally stated. I think she would be very hurt by that.

Doesn't really matter if YOU think using her case as an example was wrong. Or what you think might be appropriate words or not. Look, hurt about what? What do you think about approving Iraqis automatically? How can you think a through background check can be done on a person from halfway around the world in 11 days... or 42? huh? You tell me! Protect our borders? I think?

Besides all this.... Realistically... what would a 45 yr. old woman from South Carolina be doing marrying a man from Iraqi in the middle of a war zone??? Look, I don't know. That is not a question being asked by USCIS? It should be. Or maybe she flew to Iraq to marry him after meeting on the internet or something like this who knows.

Hey, I am married to Colombian woman and you know what... the US GOV wants to make damn sure that she is not married me just for a visa. And with good reason! Because this is what so many others do yes? Fraud their way into US illegally.

Colombia is a very dangerous place to be too. Ever been there? mmm... They have the FARC and narco-traficants and paramilitaries, groups of terrorists to worry about. 2 bombs went off in Cali just last week. How do I know? I am here to know!

If they US GOV can THOROUGHLY check a Colombian... they can thoroughly check out Iraqis all the more I think. Period. Now fight amungst yourselves on this, I'm finished.

right, because Colombians are being hunted down for marrying Americans, right? the situation in Colombia is SO much like the situation in Iraq. why didn't i see it sooner?

as for the background check issue, it doesn't take that long to perform a background check. you think your being held up because of a 5 month long background check? i cant honestly see a background check taking longer than 2 hours.

BTW, its Iraq, not Irac. good try though.

TIMELINE(CR1)

10-15-03 -- Met Future Wife

12-10-07 -- Married

-USCIS-

01-10-08 -- Mailed I-130 to VSC

01-14-08 -- NOA1 Received

02-11-08 -- NOA1 Notice Date

02-15-08 -- Received Hard Copy

02-24-08 -- Touch(Updated Into System)

08-22-08 -- Touch(Transferred to CSC)

08-25-08 -- Touch

08-27-08 -- Touch(Received at CSC)

08-28-08 -- Touch

08-29-08 -- Touch

09-16-08 -- NOA2

NVC(Using Loto's Guide)

09-23-08 - NVC Received File and NVC case number assigned.

09-25-08 - DS-3032 / I-864 Bill generated

09-25-08 - E-Mail DS-3032

10-03-08 - Pay I-864 Bill (Online)

10-04-08 - I-864 generated

10-06-08 - Overnight I-864

10-06-08 - IV Bill generated

10-06-08 - Pay IV Bill(Online)

10-07-00 - DS-230 generated

10-07-08 - Overnight DS-230

00-00-08- Case Completed at NVC

Consulate

Almost There!

On top of all drama we go through with the USCIS we must read some illiterate guy's hate speech, such as Mountain's. In caps too.

This sucks more than anything else has ever sucked before.

An October 2007 I-130, I-129F filer.

Should've played the Green Card Lottery instead - it's less random and more reliable.

"Inflammable means flammable???!!! What a country!" - Dr. Nick :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Still awaiting a written apology to all Iraqis and people with the name 'Ahmed'.

Besides, if you think your wife's life is in danger and you have spent enough time waiting for the petition to be approved, why not try requesting an expedite? Apart from all the grilling you've been receiving and stubbornly trying to prove your point, READ. USCIS has all the information on the website. Stop Hating people and do something constructive like READ. You might be eligible for an expedite on humanitarian grounds if you have enough evidence. Read and save us all from the hassle of reading hateful posts here about people from tormented areas like Iraq. We all feel for them...You should too.

My Timeline

I-130:

Sent: May 19th 2008

NOA2: July 21st 2008

NVC

Received: July 24th 2008

Case completed: August 13th 2008

Interview: October 7th 2008

Green card received: January 20th 2009

I-751

Sent: October 6th 2010

Approval: January 28th 2011

Green Card received: February 3rd 2011

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

i think it's a waste of energy to reply and actually pay attention to this thread. i trust our government to filter out the terrorists whether they are named ahmed or pablo.

let's not give this any more importance by replying...let this be the last reply and be buried under the hoards of other useless discussions. only a shallow human being will reply to this...i can guess who! ;-)

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

LOL I dont know why Im justifying with what you wrote with an explanation but it appears the government is rushing the Iraqi visa so they can give them an option to come has a refugee therefore granting one less person a chance for a refugee visa since the spouses would come with or without a refugee visa we decided to forego the refugee visa in hopes that another person would be given the chance to flee Iraq and pay all the fees just like everyone else sorry the process offended you good luck and a speedy reunion with your loved one

Marriage : 2008-01-26

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-06

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-20

I-130 Approved : 2008-03-19

NVC Received : 2008-03-25

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2008-04-07

Pay I-864 Bill 2008-04-17

Receive I-864 Package : 2008-04-21

Return Completed I-864 : 2008-04-22

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2008-04-07

Receive IV Bill : 2008-04-20

Pay IV Bill : 2008-04-21

Receive Instruction Package : 2008-05-01

Case Completed at NVC : 2008-05-12

NVC Left : 2008-05-23

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-01

Packet 3 Sent : 2008-05-01

Packet 4 Received : 2008-05-31

Interview Date : 2008-07-15

result AP

2009-05-15 case returned to USCIS

2009-06-29 case received at USCIS

2010-03-12 letter from USCIS stating reason for case being returned and asking for additional info of a on going relationship

2010-03-29 sent next day air-2010-03-30 10:30 USCIS signed for package

2010-03-31 USCIS updated accoun

2010-04-10 received email case reaffirmed

2010-08-18 2nd interview

9/2/2010 Visa Received

9/16/2010 Entered USA

10/15/2010 received 10 year GC

:http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pGV...s4pIA&hl=en

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

This really makes me sick to see the post even started. I filed my I-130 back in September. I did not even get a NOA1 until January 7th. I will not feel bad that I got the NOA2 on January 28th. I have been married since May 28th and would have filed sooner if there hadn't been difficulties getting my husbands documents together because he had to flee Iraq for his life after he was threatened by a certain militia. I go to be every night praying he isn't kicked out of his country of assylum before this process is over. If he goes back to Iraq then he is good as dead. I will not apologize that the State Department and USCIS chose to speed up the case, though we are still waiting. The background checks at USCIS are only the beginning. There are further checks at NVC and the embassy. The ones at the embassy taking the longest so don't assume that because Iraqi cases were processed fast at USCIS that they will not have to wait later.

My husband lived a mostly normal life prior to 2003. He often didn't eat well and he had to be careful of what he said so as to not get in trouble with the Iraqi government, but other than that he was happy. He was going to college. His sisters were going to college. His mother worked as a teacher. They were free to wear what they wanted. Iraq was never an extreme Islamic state since Saddam really wasn't that religious. Now they have lost so much since 2003. They never did anything wrong. They didn't participate in extremist activities before or after 2003. You cannot assume they did! That is racism in its purist form and stereotyping. Also, all Iraqis are required to go through enhanced background checks. Far more than most people's spouses on this website. The United States occupies Iraq. Don't you think they formed some databases recording terrorist names and activity and use that when checking a possible Iraqi immigrant? I should hope so.

The person who started this thread is obviously ignorant and if his spouse's life was in danger I have no doubt he would be crying that he/she deserves to come sooner.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Timeline

S_and_S, you don't owe anyone an explanation of your choices or situation. Envy is such an ugly emotion.

MY HOT ARAB HUBBY!!

dreamy_Riyad-2.jpg2615261345_a42ed1904a.jpg

No one tell the hubby! Oh wait I already told HIM! :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline
S_and_S, you don't owe anyone an explanation of your choices or situation. Envy is such an ugly emotion.

Ignorant people drive me crazy!!!!!

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Timeline

Thanks together we stand

Marriage : 2008-01-26

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-06

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-20

I-130 Approved : 2008-03-19

NVC Received : 2008-03-25

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2008-04-07

Pay I-864 Bill 2008-04-17

Receive I-864 Package : 2008-04-21

Return Completed I-864 : 2008-04-22

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2008-04-07

Receive IV Bill : 2008-04-20

Pay IV Bill : 2008-04-21

Receive Instruction Package : 2008-05-01

Case Completed at NVC : 2008-05-12

NVC Left : 2008-05-23

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-01

Packet 3 Sent : 2008-05-01

Packet 4 Received : 2008-05-31

Interview Date : 2008-07-15

result AP

2009-05-15 case returned to USCIS

2009-06-29 case received at USCIS

2010-03-12 letter from USCIS stating reason for case being returned and asking for additional info of a on going relationship

2010-03-29 sent next day air-2010-03-30 10:30 USCIS signed for package

2010-03-31 USCIS updated accoun

2010-04-10 received email case reaffirmed

2010-08-18 2nd interview

9/2/2010 Visa Received

9/16/2010 Entered USA

10/15/2010 received 10 year GC

:http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pGV...s4pIA&hl=en

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Extenuating circumstances suck for those who don't fall under the criteria, aka people who are not movie stars, don't have a suitcase full of $100 bills to "wink wink nudge nudge" or citizens of "Country the US has bombed recently".

As far as hating the system, we have a full right to do that, especially since the system is messed up. K1s done in 1 month, H1Bs being ahead of K3/CR1, VSC and CSC being on different work loads...yeah. I'm tired of telling my wife, her family and my family and my friends "Nothing yet, I already sent everything to our Senator, haven't heard from him yet".

Except that USCIS has the perfect excuse...the "180 days plus 30", and every Senators' office knows that rule, and have it on their webpage. "If your case is within the normal processing timeframe do not contact us. We can not help you". So...we can curse and yell and argue all we want but it's not going to change the fact that for 7 months after receipt date we're stuck AND US GOVERNMENT CONSIDERS THAT TO BE ACCEPTABLE.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.