LaGreenEyes

does where you live affect when EAD/AP approved

10 posts in this topic

If everyone's AOS stuff is sent to the same place..how do they put it in order? Is it by

country of origin of applicant, what part of the country you are filing in or what?

I noticed the USCIS timelines were updated today, and we are now 32 days behind the AP

filing date..noticed others that filed the same time or after us have recieved theirs..and cannot figure out why. We are trying to get a letter from my husband's father's doctor regarding his medical condition

but that has been like an act of congress according to the hospital there (story in itself)

We are 1 week away from our 90 days for the EAD...so we have an infopass on the 91st day already..and we havent heard anything or gotten a touch on AOS app since April 22 biometrics..

SO to make a long story short...what gives?!

How can stuff filed at the same time have such different dates at this stage? It's not like Panama is a country with terrorists or extensive FBI checks or high levels of immigration ( legal or illegal) and fraud.

panama17xu.gif texas19sn.gif

pequen4io.jpg

Married January 18, 2006

08 JUN 2006.....AP document recieved :)

09 JUN 2006.....regular EAD approval

14 JUN 2006.....regular EAD recieved in mail

22 JUL 2006......AOS and EAD (?) touched...moving along maybe? :)

21 AUG 2006....Recieved interview letter!

26 SEP 2006.....INTERVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!

26 SEP 2006.....APPROVED WITH FLYING COLORS!

05 OCT 2006....Welcome letter recieved

11 OCT 2006....THE CARD ARRIVES!!!!!!!!!!

15 SEP 2008.....Sent for removal of conditions

24 SEP 2008.....NOA for removal of conditions

10 MAR 2009....Transferred from VSC to CSC

22 MAY 2009.....REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS APPROVED!!!!!! :) Citizenship here we come!

If everyone's AOS stuff is sent to the same place..how do they put it in order? Is it by

country of origin of applicant, what part of the country you are filing in or what?

I noticed the USCIS timelines were updated today, and we are now 32 days behind the AP

filing date..noticed others that filed the same time or after us have recieved theirs..and cannot figure out why. We are trying to get a letter from my husband's father's doctor regarding his medical condition

but that has been like an act of congress according to the hospital there (story in itself)

We are 1 week away from our 90 days for the EAD...so we have an infopass on the 91st day already..and we havent heard anything or gotten a touch on AOS app since April 22 biometrics..

How can stuff filed at the same time have such different dates at this stage? It's not like Panama is a country with terrorists or extensive FBI checks or high levels of immigration ( legal or illegal) and fraud.

Each District office has their own case load and schedule. The timelines differ greatly from office to office.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Filed: Timeline

LaGreenEyes,

Things are put in order by Received Date.

Your post subject line and content cause a bit of confusion.

- For EAD and AP, which are handled by the NBC, where one lives shouldn't matter much. Although the ASC might affect the EAD application.

- For AOS where one lives might make a significant difference since final processing is handled by the District and Sub offices, unless the interview is waived.

Yodrak

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
LaGreenEyes,

- For EAD and AP, which are handled by the NBC, where one lives shouldn't matter much. Although the ASC might affect the EAD application.

Though you do need biometrics, which is done at a local office. Depending on the backlog for this, it may be longer.

We are coming up on 90 days and still waiting on biometrics.

2004-08-23: Met in Chicago

2005-10-19: K-1 Interview, Moscow (approved)

2007-02-23: Biometrics

2007-04-11: AOS Interview (Approved)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline
I don't know about AP, but family based EADs all supposed to be processed in Missouri NBC, so you should be looking at their processing times for EAD. As for AOS, it's different in each local office, so it depends on where you live.

I wonder what kind of EAD local office process - because it shows in processing time for EAD.....so I wonder. So far I always looked for local office for my EAD - but it seems to be mistake, well.... they have much shorter times.

06 December 2005 - entered US on tourist visa

08 February 2006 - got married

06 March 2006 - 15 March 2006 - medical exam done

15 March 2006 - I-485 package sent to Chicago Lockbox

21 March 2006 - USCIS received papers

24 March 2006 - notice date for I-130,I-485,I-765 (28 March 2006 - received NOA for I-130,I-485,I-765)

01 April 2006 - I-130, I-485, I-765 touched

06 April 2006 - Notice date for biometrics appointment (received on 13 April 2006)

29 April 2006 - Biometrics done

06 May 2006 - I-765, I-145 touched

08 May 2006 - I-765, I-130 touched

03 June 2006 - I-765 touched

06 June 2006 - Interview letter arrived

07 June 2006 - e-mail received: EAD approved !!!

09 June 2006 - EAD card received in mail

12 June 2006 - applied for SSN

26 June 2006 - SSN arrived

25 July 2006 - Interview

APPROVED!!!

31 July 2006 - Welcome Notice arrived

4 August 2006 - GREEN CARD ARRIVED !!!!

I am back!!!

30 April 2008 - sent out form I-751 to remove conditional residence

12 May 2008 - extention letter arrived

.png

I know that AP and EAD go to the national center, but what I was wondering is once

it gets there, why would my husband's AP be now 32 days past the USCIS "working on" dates

when others that sent at the same time or after have recieved AP and also EAD?

That's where I'm wondering if they separate them there

I see Russ has already AP that was approved 2 months after receipt, and that was

1 day after ours...

I know AOS is local..we already got the Bio appt...it was back in april

Edited by LaGreenEyes

panama17xu.gif texas19sn.gif

pequen4io.jpg

Married January 18, 2006

08 JUN 2006.....AP document recieved :)

09 JUN 2006.....regular EAD approval

14 JUN 2006.....regular EAD recieved in mail

22 JUL 2006......AOS and EAD (?) touched...moving along maybe? :)

21 AUG 2006....Recieved interview letter!

26 SEP 2006.....INTERVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!

26 SEP 2006.....APPROVED WITH FLYING COLORS!

05 OCT 2006....Welcome letter recieved

11 OCT 2006....THE CARD ARRIVES!!!!!!!!!!

15 SEP 2008.....Sent for removal of conditions

24 SEP 2008.....NOA for removal of conditions

10 MAR 2009....Transferred from VSC to CSC

22 MAY 2009.....REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS APPROVED!!!!!! :) Citizenship here we come!

Filed: Timeline

russ,

Yes, that's what I wrote.

Yodrak

LaGreenEyes,

Though you do need biometrics, which is done at a local office. Depending on the backlog for this, it may be longer.

We are coming up on 90 days and still waiting on biometrics.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I know that AP and EAD go to the national center, but what I was wondering is once

it gets there, why would my husband's AP be now 32 days past the USCIS "working on" dates

when others that sent at the same time or after have recieved AP and also EAD?

That's where I'm wondering if they separate them there

Yeah, I noticed that too. But think about your 129F petition approved by your service center. It wasn't necessarily on a first come first serve basis. I think stacks of applications get put onto workers' desks and if you happen to get assigned to a slow worker or one on vacation, you could very well have to wait long after people whose applications arrived after yours.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.