Dr. A ♥ O

Bush criticizes Arab nations for repression

109 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
It boggles my mind how W can even stand there and make such comments when he and his administration have done their own "repression of human rights". What in the he*ll do you call Gitmo?????? The fact that this administration has told lie after lie after lie and are not held accountable....... :angry::angry::angry::angry:

I cannot even stand to look at his picture without bile rising up in my throat.

It is a FACT that we have not had a worse president throughout history than W. AGH!

carter sure comes to mind......

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I don't think it's appropriate to talk about Bush like that. Anyone who has said something to mock bush, do you think you could've done things better? Your father would've been a better president? or could you have made all people in your country and all the world agree with you and your actions? He's still a person in my eyes who had the best interest for USA. There's alot of unknown factors that play into that type of job he holds. Too many brainwashing, pleading, difference of opinions, threats. I'm just disgusted with people of this country who don't respect who's in charge. Everything is mocked instead of taking a part in the country and doing their part. That's why society is what it is today. 1 Person a human being can't make things better for any of us other human beings- that's in God's hand.

You are right on some levels, and you are much more compassionate than me.

Could i have done things better?

No... but i'm not the president of the US. but do i think there are others out there that could be doing a better job than GW...? yes, absolutely.

Just because someone is in a position of authority does not guarantee that he/she will not abuse that privilege and use it for his/her own agenda. We see this all over the world.

And remember, when Bush won the 2000 election... many of us, backed with strong suggestive evidence, felt that the vote was corrupted.

One of the great things about America, is that we do have the ability and right to question authority and laws that we feel are unjust. Alhamdulilah.

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

I understand all points of view, so there's really no discussion it's just everybody's opinions on these kind of topics. I was actually just point blank saying that the 2 cultures are very different in my eyes and it would be a never ending story to bring the Middle east to peace. Including Israel's conflict. I doubt there will ever be peace because of the culture and religious history they keep into mind when fighting.

I don't think it's appropriate to talk about Bush like that. Anyone who has said something to mock bush, do you think you could've done things better? Your father would've been a better president? or could you have made all people in your country and all the world agree with you and your actions? He's still a person in my eyes who had the best interest for USA. There's alot of unknown factors that play into that type of job he holds. Too many brainwashing, pleading, difference of opinions, threats. I'm just disgusted with people of this country who don't respect who's in charge. Everything is mocked instead of taking a part in the country and doing their part. That's why society is what it is today. 1 Person a human being can't make things better for any of us other human beings- that's in God's hand.

You are right on some levels, and you are much more compassionate than me.

Could i have done things better?

No... but i'm not the president of the US. but do i think there are others out there that could be doing a better job than GW...? yes, absolutely.

Just because someone is in a position of authority does not guarantee that he/she will not abuse that privilege and use it for his/her own agenda. We see this all over the world.

And remember, when Bush won the 2000 election... many of us, backed with strong suggestive evidence, felt that the vote was corrupted.

One of the great things about America, is that we do have the ability and right to question authority and laws that we feel are unjust. Alhamdulilah.

I agree with you , I feel somebody else could be doing a better job than our current president

بحبك يا حبيبي اكمني بهواك و بحس انك مني

5474201_bodyshot_300x400_1214598846979.gif

5474626_bodyshot_300x400_1214601075246.gif

Leaving it to the Arab people (common citizens and leaders) isn't a good idea because most are young and a minority of these young people probably want to change to American lifestyle there to free themselves of that burden to follow "Cultural ways".

What, exactly, is the "American lifestyle" and if the people don't get to choose for themselves who do you suggest should do it? I'm not picking on you but I think you've opened the door for interesting discussion.

America's dealing with a people who see in black and white (I am one who sees black and white only in many ways) haram or clean it's from respect and usually Religious matters so it won't be easy to change Arab regions. I do hope Women's rights advance a little bit more because Arab women are not limited to anything if they study hard and remain respectable. It can help with the Arab economy if they let women work to help provide for their families also like it's done in Western culture. Maybe there won't be a need for prostitution (for those minorities) if there are respectable positions offered to Women and their rights.

Let's not forget that America freed itself from religious zealots in 1776 with the Declaration of Independence and the Bill of Rights. Prior to that, the only people with rights were white, Protestant, property owning men. Oh, wait. I forgot - those same men made the rules and they made the rules to benefit themselves. It took the turbulant '60s for those same rights to be afforded to anyone else (yes, women were still legal property of their husbands in the 20th century). Still, there is plenty of evidence to support the statement Americans don't have full equality, across the board. My point is we have just been through this all ourselves, and that's quite likely why, as you said, Americans appreciate the challenges the Middle East faces.

I think you should read my post again to understand my opinion better. I didn't understand how you came to all those conclusions. I'm honest I really don't see what you're complying with. Of course it's a clean conversation I won't take otherwise.

for those of us not fluent in gibberish, some clarification is needed. if you don't think arabs are best suited to decide what's best for arabs, who is best suited then? south africans? solomon islanders?

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Leaving it to the Arab people (common citizens and leaders) isn't a good idea because most are young and a minority of these young people probably want to change to American lifestyle there to free themselves of that burden to follow "Cultural ways".

What, exactly, is the "American lifestyle" and if the people don't get to choose for themselves who do you suggest should do it? I'm not picking on you but I think you've opened the door for interesting discussion.

America's dealing with a people who see in black and white (I am one who sees black and white only in many ways) haram or clean it's from respect and usually Religious matters so it won't be easy to change Arab regions. I do hope Women's rights advance a little bit more because Arab women are not limited to anything if they study hard and remain respectable. It can help with the Arab economy if they let women work to help provide for their families also like it's done in Western culture. Maybe there won't be a need for prostitution (for those minorities) if there are respectable positions offered to Women and their rights.

Let's not forget that America freed itself from religious zealots in 1776 with the Declaration of Independence and the Bill of Rights. Prior to that, the only people with rights were white, Protestant, property owning men. Oh, wait. I forgot - those same men made the rules and they made the rules to benefit themselves. It took the turbulant '60s for those same rights to be afforded to anyone else (yes, women were still legal property of their husbands in the 20th century). Still, there is plenty of evidence to support the statement Americans don't have full equality, across the board. My point is we have just been through this all ourselves, and that's quite likely why, as you said, Americans appreciate the challenges the Middle East faces.

I think you should read my post again to understand my opinion better. I didn't understand how you came to all those conclusions. I'm honest I really don't see what you're complying with. Of course it's a clean conversation I won't take otherwise.

for those of us not fluent in gibberish, some clarification is needed. if you don't think arabs are best suited to decide what's best for arabs, who is best suited then? south africans? solomon islanders?

The officials who are already taking care of the country I agree with them. Most of the citizens are a younger generation who want to change to a more free country. I believe only women's rights should be increased. Nothing else.

And when talking to anybody I think you should be more respectful in attitude, rudeness shows the intelligence people hold. If you don't understand someone elses opinion ask politely and you will understand it more. Rudeness only breaks out into argument bc of ones lack of understanding.

No, actually I read what you wrote several times to make sure I understood it. I won't read it again. There's no need. But you might want to read what I wrote again because, for the most part, I WAS AGREEING WITH YOU.

Want to try that again?

No, actually I read what you wrote several times to make sure I understood it. I won't read it again. There's no need. But you might want to read what I wrote again because, for the most part, I WAS AGREEING WITH YOU.

Want to try that again?

sure I will read it again to try to understand better

sure I will read it again to try to understand better

Thank you. If you have any questions about what I've said, I'm happy to answer them.

What I was trying to do, and maybe I didn't do such a good job, is point out that - historically - the United States was founded by conservative (extremely conservative) Protestant Christians. It's taken a couple of hundred years to move away from that.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Sara, when someone holds an office such as Bush...say...leader of one of the most powerful nations...I would think that good ethics and some sort of honesty should be involved.

With just the Iraq War, he and his administration have proven to have lied and distorted the facts. I actually think alot of people could have done better...that is someone that didn't have an agenda before the war was even a thought!

The fact that the middle class has carried the burden of the cost of the war, while the wealthy continue to make more money is also insulting. And then there is the "No Child Left Behind Act"! Let's just say the bus has never left the station on that one. I think this country's education system is horrifying!

I don't care to mock Bush...I would much rather slap the ####### out of him for the lousy job he's done!

MoFlair.jpgbadsign.jpgfaris.jpgpassport.jpg

Timeline
It boggles my mind how W can even stand there and make such comments when he and his administration have done their own "repression of human rights". What in the he*ll do you call Gitmo?????? The fact that this administration has told lie after lie after lie and are not held accountable....... :angry::angry::angry::angry:

I cannot even stand to look at his picture without bile rising up in my throat.

It is a FACT that we have not had a worse president throughout history than W. AGH!

carter sure comes to mind......

Bad yes...but I honestly don't think he f*ed up to the degree Bush has.

Sara, when someone holds an office such as Bush...say...leader of one of the most powerful nations...I would think that good ethics and some sort of honesty should be involved.

<...>

I don't care to mock Bush...I would much rather slap the ####### out of him for the lousy job he's done!

Thank goodness there's only six months left of his reign.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
The fact that the middle class has carried the burden of the cost of the war, while the wealthy continue to make more money is also insulting.

Hey, have you guys read the latest Time magazine article about the economy and the Bush tax cuts and how the middle class is just getting hammered?

it is a pretty good read.

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Timeline

I'm of the opinion that as long as there are corrupt officials that are in power and control of a country, that these difficult issues will not be solved.

I also disagree that one country should be able to decide what type of government is best for another.

I am inherently mistrustful of ALL politicians and rulers!

Timeline
The fact that the middle class has carried the burden of the cost of the war, while the wealthy continue to make more money is also insulting.

Hey, have you guys read the latest Time magazine article about the economy and the Bush tax cuts and how the middle class is just getting hammered?

it is a pretty good read.

Oh jeez, don't get me started!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to add though, that this Congress has been OVERLY lame in protecting the American people. I just wish we could "clean" house and start fresh with a whole new batch, you know?

I honestly don't know how the corruption in Washington will ever be eradicated. I don't think it's possible. There are just too many special interest groups and too many favors going around. IMO, anyone that believe we truly live in a democracy are fool'in themselves. Just say'in! :angry:

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline
34hgfuh.jpg

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.