mary12

American Airlines

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi! I need your advise please. My problem is AA's maximum baggage limit. Im flying to LA via PAL then connecting to Florida via American Airlines. The maximum baggage limit of PAL is 70 lbs and AA is 50 lbs BUT.... per AA's website, if its an international flight the allowable maximum VARIES. I asked two friends from US to call their toll free number and they give different response. ONe said that they honor the maximum allowable limit of PAL of 70 lbs at no extra charge since its a connecting flight. However, one said that its strictly 50 lbs and in excess i will be charged. Now im confused which is which coz i definitely dont want to pay extra and at the same time, i dont want to take out some of my stuff already in the luggage. Im more inclined to believe that they should honor the 70 lbs coz they said in their website it VARIES, but i just want to know from you guys if you have any experience on this. I guess I would believe you more than the staff of the AA who gives conflicting response to inquires.

I would appreciate your reply ASAP as im leaving very soon.

Thanks

yo! travel experts over on flyertak.

Ask in the American section

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=445

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I have flown AA all four times I flew between Thailand and the United States, and had no baggage problems at all. All I had to do was mention I was flying internationally and I was always able to get my bags through.

AOS, EAD and AP Journey

* Married on March 18, 2009.

* Papers mailed on May 8, 2009, arrived at Chicago lockbox on May 10, 2009

* Check cashed on May 14, 2009.

* NOAs for AOS, EAD, and AP issued on May 14, 2009 and received on May 18, 2009.

* Biometrics letter received on May 20, 2009.

* Biometrics appointment on June 4, 2009 at 8 am.

* EAD and AOS touched on June 5, 2009.

* EAD card production ordered and AP approved on June 17, 2009.

* EAD card received on June 25, 2009.

* AP received on June 26, 2009.

* Celebrating five years as a couple with much-delayed reception on June 27, 2009. What a journey it has been.

* Case transferred to CSC on July 14, 2009.

* Received noticed that case is pending at CSC on July 21, 2009.

* AOS touched on July 31, 2009.

* Card production orderd on August 12, 2009.

* Green Card received on August 21, 2009.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Generally a connecting airline honors the baggage allowance for the previous flight. I am 99% sure AA is the same way.

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Filed: Country: England
Timeline
My advise would be to not fly with them. They've had way to many problems lately.

errr... I think it's a little late for that... :whistle:

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony