feejo

Go to war

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline
I read that because of religion one can tell because his religion believes he can avoid going to war if USA is in war, what are they, is a Catholic apply for that. I mean in the commend it say "Do not kill"?

Actually, it is normally Jehovah's Witnesses who are exempt from going to war. Oddly enough, us Catholics have been known for war...just remember the Crusades, etc. If you take up the oath of the US and they declare war, you are obligated to fight...probably won't ever happen, but that is what the oath means.

Good Luck! :thumbs:

If you take up the oath of the US and they declare war, you are obligated to fight...probably won't ever happen, but that is what the oath means.

Only if they ever rely on a draft again which hasn't been used for a long time.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

The term is "conscious objector"

http://www.militaryfreeschools.org/conscienceobject.htm

Tells you how to become one, from previous experience, calling yourself a conscious objector does not void you from the draft, but may put you in a non-combative position such as in supply or as a medic. Actually only a small percentage of our military was put on the front lines, most were involved with support. For example if you joined the Navy and aboard an aircraft carrier with 6,000 other mates, only about one hundred of those are pilots that are subjected to risk in today's Navy. The marines are a different story where occupation is very hazardous to your health, even more hazardous than smoking a cigarette if you can believe that.

When I was drafted and my brothers, first thing they did was to divide us up by religion, that was on our dog tags, I just happened to be Roman Catholic at the time so was under a Roman Catholic Chaplin. Not a very long speech, just forget about what you were taught for the last 18 years, and it's okay to kill for your country. My closest buddies were in the military and we still stay in contact, can't say that about high school, college, or work. And if someone is kills or wounds your buddy, believe me, you don't have any problems shooting back.

And if we are attacked by terrorists, don't believe you will have any problems shooting back either if they are trying to kill your wife and kids. Providing they don't take our guns away, then you will have to throw stones. Or maybe just get on your knees and pray.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Tells you how to become one, from previous experience, calling yourself a conscious objector does not void you from the draft, but may put you in a non-combative position such as in supply or as a medic. Actually only a small percentage of our military was put on the front lines, most were involved with support. For example if you joined the Navy and aboard an aircraft carrier with 6,000 other mates, only about one hundred of those are pilots that are subjected to risk in today's Navy. The marines are a different story where occupation is very hazardous to your health, even more hazardous than smoking a cigarette if you can believe that.

When I was drafted and my brothers, first thing they did was to divide us up by religion, that was on our dog tags, I just happened to be Roman Catholic at the time so was under a Roman Catholic Chaplin. Not a very long speech, just forget about what you were taught for the last 18 years, and it's okay to kill for your country. My closest buddies were in the military and we still stay in contact, can't say that about high school, college, or work. And if someone is kills or wounds your buddy, believe me, you don't have any problems shooting back.

And if we are attacked by terrorists, don't believe you will have any problems shooting back either if they are trying to kill your wife and kids. Providing they don't take our guns away, then you will have to throw stones. Or maybe just get on your knees and pray.

I will chose the most powerfull one, the last you said. Pen is mother than the sword, so do prayers. Thanks for the link.

Edited by feejo

Timeline

Actually, it's, "The pen is mightier than the sword."

But this can be taken two ways: :blush:

He who fights with a pen will get ink on his opponent.

He who writes with a sword will cut his paper.

Timeline

The principle for a fighting a just war against evil comes from the some portions of the Bible (especially the Old Testament) and was particilarly articulated for Catholics in St. Augustine's City of God.

I am on a Draft Board.. if you are truly a conscientious objector against all war and violence and have lived your life in that manner, then you can present your evidence and your case to the board, if successful you will be asked if you would be willing to participate as a non-combatant in the armed services (a medic for example) or if you do not wish to served in the armed service at all, you will be placed in a civil service position. If you are only opposed to a particilar war for political or other reasons, then your request will be denied.

Edited by zyggy

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

Timeline

The principle for a fighting a just war against evil comes from the some portions of the Bible (especially the Old Testament) and was particilarly articulated for Catholics in St. Augustine's City of God.

I am on a Draft Board.. if you are truly a conscientious objector against all war and violence and have lived your life in that manner, then you can present your evidence and your case to the board, if successful you will be asked if you would be willing to participate as a non-combatant in the armed services (a medic for example) or if you do not wish to served in the armed service at all, you will be placed in a civil service position. If you are only opposed to a particilar war for political or other reasons, then your request will be denied.

Spiritual fight is more inportant, and amos are prayers. Like Fatima: peace will not come until people turn to my immaculated hearth. Peace can only come from a desire into the prayer, a good exemple is Martin L.K. he did alot with his faith, even have a fiest for him.

Timeline

Joshua wasn't exactly nice killing every man, woman, and child in Jericho. The only problem I have with wars, is that we send our kids to fight other kids when we should be sending our leaders to do battle and somehow, government contractors seem to get awfully rich. And going to Harvard should not be cause to avoid the draft, now who did that? Certainly not Bush junior or Bill. Even Reagan got out of it by making war movies and so did John Wayne, my hat is off to Jimmy Stewart and Clark Cable.

So, exactly what does one do on a draft board since we don't seem to have a draft. Have that registration thing though that says we know you are there, but you better confirm it or we will send you to jail.

If there is a draft, should draft us old experienced guys rather than our kids, easiest to go there then to sit at home and be worried sick about that. Can't tell you how sick and worried I was when my younger brothers were drafted, that was far worse then going myself. Ha, and I wonder if I was as dumb and naive when I was 18 as my 18 year old kids are. But my memory tells me I knew a lot more then then I do now. And also a hell of a way to grow up.

And promising young girls a couple of bucks for college that can't even open a pickle jar by joining the guard, then sending them down to Texas for sevens weeks of MP school, sticking an M-16 that is too heavy for them to carry and shipping them off to Iraq! That is way too much for me, and I know of three tiny little girls that already happened to. And I do not feel giving up a golf game is justifiable compensation for that. Neither is screwing GI's out of college benefits, that is not new, also happened to me after my honorable discharge, but for some strange reason got a letter from the VA about three years ago that I am eligible for full benefits. Should go back to college and learn basket weaving since my high paying engineering job was moved to China. Or maybe I should learn how to grow rice.

Lot's of wonderful people in this world, hard working, moral, and good people, but can't say the same for our leaders. Why is that?

By the way, God helps those that help themselves was not in the bible. Benjamin Franklin said that and it was people like him that gave a new nation it's freedom, even George Washington suffered all the hardships with his troops and it was because of men like him the constitution made the president the commander in chief of the armed services. Wonder what our forefathers would say if they were around today?

Would you really buy a used car from Hillary? We finally got to the point where we could compete with the Japanese and Bill and Hillary got some huge campaign funds from the Chinese that was never investigated, makes a guy wonder whom they are really working for, and yes, people will say anything to become president.

Study your civics test and learn what a really great country this has intended to be. Take an interest in politics and help make it that way.

Timeline

If we are a permanent resident, we do not need to do the oath, so they can't send you to war until you are citizen? If I marry on a K1 I can wait 10 years to decide to get residency or am I obligated after 3 years?

Edited by feejo

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

As a permanent resident and under the age of 26, you still have to sign up for the Selective Service

http://www.sss.gov/FSwho.htm

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline
As a permanent resident and under the age of 26, you still have to sign up for the Selective Service

http://www.sss.gov/FSwho.htm

Ha, only if you are a male even though recently the ERA has joined the military with some women even serving in combat roles. Women make even better fighter pilots than men as their bodies can withstand much higher G's without passing out. I wouldn't worry about the selective service, does seem kind of dumb in that even as a permanent resident you have to register, but if the draft ever comes back, all of us will be fighting. Bush is not being very wise by cutting GI benefits and sending National guard people to Iraq that are suppose to be here protecting us, so enlistments are way down, but if he does bring back the draft, that would be the end of him. The riots against the draft in the 60's almost made a worse war here than in Viet Nam. But it was easy to avoid the draft back then, just go to Harvard like Bush and Clinton did or knock up a girl before you were 18 and marry her.

My younger brother enlisted at 18, took college courses at night, free, the conned the army into sending him to medical school for three years with pay and all tuition paid, became an MD and spent his remaining years all over the world patching rather than inflicting wounds safe behind enemy lines. Retired at the ripe old age of 43 with colonials pay and today can do anything he wants to. Also got married and had three daughters that had a world education. He tried one of those HMO clinics and was expected to see 24 patients a day, told them this is BS and quit after three days. Just works maybe 5 or 6 days a month on call where he loves to patch up severe accident victims and is doing quite well, thanks to the army.

Just saying, all aspects of the military are not bad.

feejo-

You don't have to ever get a US citizenship, you could continue on the green card for ages. So no you don't have to get it after 3 years after you are married.

26/02/2005 Married in London to South African with UK Residency

28/02/2005 Sent off I-130 to London Consular

08/03/2005 Charge posted on Credit Card

14/03/2005 Sent off DS-230

15/03/2005 NOA of I-130

24/03/2005 Received Packet 3

18/04/2005 Sent in Form 169 (notice of readiness)

10/05/2005 Received Packet 4

06/06/2005 Medical at 10:00am in London

15/06/2005 Interview at 9:00 am (108 Days) -Approved

16/06/2005 Noon - Recieved Papers and Visa from Embassy

21/08/2005 Wife entered US on green Card

Conditions Removed +/- 1 year

??/06/2007 Submitted I-751

??/07/2007 Biometrics

02/04/2008 Application transferred from TSC to VSC

01/July/2008 Card Production ordered

N-400 process-3 months & 8 days

16/June/2008 Sent in packet of N-400

18/June/2008 NOA Priority date

20/June/2008 Check cashed

26/June/2008 NOA recieved

12/July/2008 Biometrics

08/Sept/2008 Interview- passed

24/Sept/2008 Oath (Cancelled due to Hurricane Ike)

29/Oct/2008 Oath & Passport Application (not expedited)

07/Nov/2008 Passport Received - Done with the Process

applicants can't just declare he's Jehovah's witness or buddist and change oath, USCIS require tonns of proof that applicant attends regularly from church etc etc.

plus even if there is such a draft, women, older men and people with useful professions and skills most likely will be used for noncombattant things from cooking\nursing to translations and highly professional tasks, like surgeries, engineering, biochem, programming etc,

the only guys in real danger of being drafted and sent to battle are young healthy males up untill 32 with no other army-applicable qualifications.

My PAST Timelines:

10/2004 - Conditional GC

08/2006 - 10/2007 - Lifting Conditions timeline

10/2007 - 6/26/2009 Citizenship, Los Angeles DO timeline

auBam7.png

CSC i-130 for my Mom

06/30/09 - delivered

07/06/09 - NOA date (rec'd - 07/10) #WAC 09xxx3, touched.

07/08/09 - check cashed, #WAC 09xxx2 (not online)

08/29/09 - APPROVED!!!

NVC

09/14/09 - NVC case # assigned, emails registered

09/17/09 - email AOS bill received and paid online, ds3032 received and returned

09/21/09 - AOS bill status "PAID", FedExed out AOS, 09/24/09 delivered to NVC

09/28/09 - AVR:AOS acknowledged

10/02/09 - 3032 was acknol. by NVC, paid IV Bill online

10/05/09 - emails: 1 pm -RFE for 3032, 3 pm - IV bill, 5 pm - status PAID

10/09/09 - ds230 delivered to NVC at 9am

10/14/09 - AVR: Checklist response was received

10/20/09 - login failed! - between 5 pm and 9 pm PST, at 5 pm it was still working

10/21/09 - case complete! (AVR updated after 10 pm) = total NVC 37 days

10/28/09 - interview date email came at 6.30 pm, no AVR changes yet

10/30/09 - AVR: "Case sent to embassy on Oct 29" = total 4 months from delivery of i130 to USCIS

11/02/09 - Medical

11/20/09 - Interview - PASSED!!!

11/28 - POE: LAX

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

The correct interpretation of the Commandment is "Thou shalt not lie in wait for innocent blood", or in other words, dont murder someone. Killing in defense is perfectly acceptable in the eyes of God. For more on this see Timothy 5:8 "If anyone does not take care of his own relatives, especially his immediate family, he has denied the faith and is worse then an unbeliever." Put simply, we are not second class citizens. If someone breaks into your home to do harm to your family, you are fully authorized to correct that person as to the error of his ways. This correction can range anywhere from words, a baseball bat, or a 12-gauge shotgun.

As far as a draft, please see the Universal National Service Act of 2007. This "draft" will include females and males aged 18 to 42...no deferments. This bill has been cruising through congress since 2003 and is waiting for the next "attack" on America. The Selective Service System has also been fully activated, staffed, and funded and is ready to spring into action at a moments notice. If you are a citizen, register as an objector ASAP. If you are not a citizen, be prepared to return to the nation you came from. And everyone, regardless of status, should be prepared to renounce your American citizenship when America begins to recall all subjects abroad for military service.

May 27, 2009: N-400 Window Opens

June 2, 2008: N-400 Sent

June 3, 2008: N-400 Received at Nebraska Service Center

June 13, 2008: NOA1

June 16, 2008: Biometrics letter

June 24th, 2008: Biometrics Appointment

July 7th, 2008: Called FBI, verified that biometrics check has been completed and returned to USCIS

August 26th, 2008: N-400 Interview Passed

September 18th, 2008: Swearing in, Billings Montana

Send Expedited 14-day passport paperwork???

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.