javaman

missing some food ..

47 posts in this topic

It's funny how touchy Americans are about all of this. We are the people that eat tons of Hot Dogs, Chitterlings, Fried Chicken, Pork Rinds, and even Deep Fried Snickers bars. Not to mention Twinky's, and all kinds of other processed and fatty foods. MSG, anyone? That stuff is so good!

We obviously don't care about the quality of our food. But yet, the idea of eating something that comes from a certain animal grosses us out.

That's part of our mentality. Something doesn't make sense to us, so we don't like it. But yet, all the crazy stuff that we do is OK, and everyone else should just deal with it. Welcome to America!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
It's funny how touchy Americans are about all of this. We are the people that eat tons of Hot Dogs, Chitterlings, Fried Chicken, Pork Rinds, and even Deep Fried Snickers bars. Not to mention Twinky's, and all kinds of other processed and fatty foods. MSG, anyone? That stuff is so good!

We obviously don't care about the quality of our food. But yet, the idea of eating something that comes from a certain animal grosses us out.

That's part of our mentality. Something doesn't make sense to us, so we don't like it. But yet, all the crazy stuff that we do is OK, and everyone else should just deal with it. Welcome to America!

we reguard horse as a domestic animal- its our friend, we dont eat our friends right?

I feel like i am talking to my dog about not chasing after ducks.

shon.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline

hello guys, there are several cultures in the world who eat horse meat,mostly in nomadic cultures and some europian cultures(french) and these cultures appreciate a lot horse as a animals and pets and personally i adore horses as a saint animal and i eat them too,why not..it is my culture and it is not something strange for americans and other nations who travel a lot overseas and visit horse consuming countries ..by the way my american friends tried horse meat in kazakhstan and they like it !!! we are all different and have different tastes..wish for everyone be happy eating what they like, :no:

best,

Alma

Alma, Almaty, Kazakhstan & Scott, Horse Cave, Kentucky

Been in the meat business for 22 years I can tell you the USDA doesn't allow horse meat to be sold for human consumption here in America. There are several well know slaughter houses here in America who sell horse and buffalo meat to other countries. You can research the web, there is a company in New Zeland who would ship you some horse meat through FedEX. I don't know the cost but I have heard it is very expensive. I have also heard that goat meat taste just like horse meat. :whistle:

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Been in the meat business for 22 years I can tell you the USDA doesn't allow horse meat to be sold for human consumption here in America. There are several well know slaughter houses here in America who sell horse and buffalo meat to other countries. You can research the web, there is a company in New Zeland who would ship you some horse meat through FedEX. I don't know the cost but I have heard it is very expensive. I have also heard that goat meat taste just like horse meat. :whistle:

I love goat met especially curried, but I would never dream of eating horse meat. I am too scared of them . I wont say I never will because before I ame to the US I was adament about eating cat well to my surprise a few chinese restauransts serve up cat instead of chicken. Horse in the US are domesticated animals and banned for consumption, goats on the other hand are raised as livestock.

I dont think anyone should knock the thought of at least trying something. It is what I tell my son how do you know what vegetables ( brocolli beans cauliflower etc) tase like if you never try it before. I am not trying to offend anyone this is IMO.

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

i ate hirse meat once in kazakhstan...sanita got it for you to let me try the kazakhs uzbeks etc dishes..that was enough..sanita does not eat it or drink mare's milk..i am lucky in that aspect...being chechen..but there are people they do eat horse meat in america...as one of her friend's from atlanta told her ..she ate soem and it was bought in america...

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline

JME 3584, thank you for information

wow..i found out that so many horsemeat consuming countries in the world:France,Belgium,Italy,Switzerland,Japan

:star:

Alma, Almaty, Kazakhstan & Scott, Horse Cave, Kentucky

I just noticed that you guys live in a place called Horse Cave. That's ironic!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Yes, eating horse is common in Italy. I know around here there are lots of Italian butchers. Maybe you could ask one of them if you have access?

BTW, what's so gross about it? Many people feel it's gross/wrong to eat veal, or lamb, or even cow or chicken for that matter.

Edited by jenn3539

I love goat met especially curried, but I would never dream of eating horse meat. I am too scared of them . I wont say I never will because before I ame to the US I was adament about eating cat well to my surprise a few chinese restauransts serve up cat instead of chicken. Horse in the US are domesticated animals and banned for consumption, goats on the other hand are raised as livestock.

I dont think anyone should knock the thought of at least trying something. It is what I tell my son how do you know what vegetables ( brocolli beans cauliflower etc) tase like if you never try it before. I am not trying to offend anyone this is IMO.

Goat meat is delicous. thats ok you can get chivo any place. I dont know about resturaunts serving cats!!

I am knocking it!!! I will try other flavors but cat and horse is not one of them!

shon.gif

Meat is meat. Just ask anyone from PETA!

Русский форум член.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.