SMOKE

older VJ members (vets, forefathers) dropping in.

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

i'm asking this question in off topic coz thats where Kezzie's thread is (where i've seen many former regulars).

in a different thread than Kezzie's thread...hopefully not...but incase it starts a torch war.

why does it take a tragic loss of a well known well liked member to get you to drop in?

granted you may have issues w/ some here. you may be busy. you may have moved on to another site. you may be finished w/ your journey.

but, does it really need to be like this? your knowledge & experience are needed here. you were once a clueless newbie too.

7yqZWFL.jpg

speaking for friends of kezzie, who posted...and who posted here in her honor and to say good-bye...

they have indeed decided to move to another site, which i am also a proud member....

it is their right and the knowledge is there, and they have not forsaken anyone ...

there are knowledgeable folks here too

submitted respectfully....

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Wow, demanding much? Posting here making demands on my time, like I owe you something? Like the help and support I gave others before you were here isn't enough?

The immigration process now, in 2008, is *nothing* like what it was for us in 2004. Hell, it was still called BCIS when we started. It's been *years* since there was a question I could answer about the initial visa process. I do still post in the citizenship forum, but even that's undergoing a radical change now.

But, y'know, I have a life. I'm sorry if that fact upsets you.

Bethany (NJ, USA) & Gareth (Scotland, UK)

-----------------------------------------------

01 Nov 2007: N-400 FedEx'd to TSC

05 Nov 2007: NOA-1 Date

28 Dec 2007: Check cashed

05 Jan 2008: NOA-1 Received

02 Feb 2008: Biometrics notice received

23 Feb 2008: Biometrics at Albuquerque ASC

12 Jun 2008: Interview letter received

12 Aug 2008: Interview at Albuquerque DO--PASSED!

15 Aug 2008: Oath Ceremony

-----------------------------------------------

Any information, opinions, etc., given by me are based entirely on personal experience, observations, research common sense, and an insanely accurate memory; and are not in any way meant to constitute (1) legal advice nor (2) the official policies/advice of my employer.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

smoke, i wondered the same thing. some posters i've not seen in a year or so.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

I looked in on VJ today for the first time in weeks and was saddened beyond words to see the thread and felt compelled to log in and leave some words of condolence.

In reply to your question it is as someone else said the advice I am able to offer now is so limited as to be virtually useless due to the many changes that have transpired since I did it in 2003/4 even the process in UK is different so for fear of giving false information I chose to keep quiet. Most of the people I knew way back when have like me got busy lives and so most of the names here are new. I frequented when I removed conditions last year but even in off topic its the same flaming and cats with different names (even half the people I knew have changed their ID's so it's all too confusing for an old woman!)

No doubt when I dare to see how much it costs to get citizenship now I will frequent again. Until then I drop by occasionally and if I veer thought I could give good advice I would.

LifeacrossthePond

Removing Conditions (here we go again)

July 27th I-751 sent to Nebraska

July 30th USPS delivered

Aug 22nd check cashed

Aug 23rd I797C received - case been transferred to California

Aug 29th Biometrics Appt Letter arrived

Sept 12th Biometrics Appt Pittsburgh

Sept 24th email notice of Approval - card ordered !!!!!!

I submitted my K1/I129F in 2003. My knowledge is several years out of date for newbies and I'd be a fool if I started dishing out advice.

Met the ole man in January 1998

Jan. 2004: K1 visa issued ~ April 2004: Got on a plane ~ Nov. 2004: GC in my mucky hands ~ Dec. 2006: Received 10 YR GC

September 2008 - US passport delivered!

Filed: Other Timeline

It's no different than a regular funeral or passing. Relatives and family you haven't seen in years show up to pay their respect. It's just life.

People posting in Kezzie's threads were doing so out of respect for her. I think trying to make something more than that out of the issue is inappropriate.

Filed: Timeline
It's no different than a regular funeral or passing. Relatives and family you haven't seen in years show up to pay their respect. It's just life.

People posting in Kezzie's threads were doing so out of respect for her. I think trying to make something more than that out of the issue is inappropriate.

I agree.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I absolutely agree, Becca. They post out of respect for a wonderful lady - whether they continue to post here regularly or not is irrelevant. The fact that they dropped in to post their respects says a HUGE amount about the kind of people they are - good people.

I understand that this thread is posted out of curiosity, however, I don't like the fact that Kezzie's name could be dragged into something that could turn bad. Therefore, I'm going to close this thread.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions regarding my decision.