286 posts in this topic

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Oh. Well don't I feel stupid :P

Well, don't I feel stupid for making a joke that apparently wasn't as funny as I thought.......

actually, it's funny you got one over on the troll :lol:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: England
Timeline
350 for a wallet.... you guyz are crazy....

(i feel bad just getting one that cost 30$!... and my max would be around a 100$ one!)

And this is whatever i am earning !

It would be funny to compare what we would consider as average for certain items...

let me start... (various i am thinking about...add yours as you wish too)

wallet : 30$

new computer (screen and windows include) : 3000 $

vacuum cleaner : 200$

A good pair of shoes : 80/100 $ (need to be very good at that price)

A trip to the hairdresser : 250 $ (cut, colors with highlight, brushing)

A pants : 30 to 80$ depending on quality

A bikini wax : 50$

what is yours !

Ok, sounds interesting...

Wallet - $20

Purse - $50

Shoes - $50 - $100

Hair color with highlights and cut - up to $300 with tips

Pedicure - $50

Computer & monitor - Just bought for $1000

Eyelash tint - $20

Eyebrow shaping - $20

Groceries per week - $100

Jeans - up to $75

Casual tops - up to $50

Rent - less than $1500

I guess that's a good start...

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

Filed: Timeline

Also, how often do you buy those items? That matters too. In the end, just how much you spend for an item isn't the only thing that matters, how long you can make the money spent actually last matters just as much.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: Timeline

Wallet - $75

Purse - $200

Shoes - $75-125

Hair color with highlights and cut - up to $300 with tips

Pedicure - $50

Computer & monitor - $1500

Eyelash tint - never done it

Eyebrow shaping - never done it mine are perfect

Groceries per week - $100

Jeans - $125-150

Casual tops - up to $75

Rent - around here average rent is like $700 for a 1br

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

Lots of takes on this but mainly the point is, people have lost their faith in love these days. Its always about something else ... anyway we have a age gap too, though he is older and is a more traditional age gap I have heard a lot of ####### about it as well. Really love knows no age. Back to the topic, YES, I have lost friends, virtually all of them throughout these past 3 years, more due to my part because I got tired of explaining to myself but also the fact that 5 years down the line THEY aren't gonna be worrying about my love life, my LOVER will! (durrr) Anyway I have endured a lot of problematic situations, many of my friends don't know I am married but I don't mind having it that way. There's a lot more than us that you think! We VJ'ers should get together and have a reunion and u'll see how many of us there are! it really feels good to be here, to come home after a long day to a place where people know EXACTLY what you are going through.

Thanks VJ.

Tammy

AP: Over 1 year.

Visa: Nov 2

US Entry: Nov 13, Alhamdulillah.

BelieveButterflyfortile.jpgPrayerisPower_Cover.jpghello.gif

Filed: Other Timeline
"Have you seen "Not Without My Daughter"?" *sighs* Anyone heard this comment?

Oh my... i got that one... and some others about being sold into slavery in Morocco!! :blink:

It was crazy for a while.

Hey, all this money talk has made me sad... i agree with you guys, that a lot of people are making bank in Manhattan... but i'm not... i'm the worst. i'm like stretching a penny into a dollar the worst.

Well, at least no one can say that Habibi is marrying me for my money. :thumbs:

Ditto - Govi's standard of living will actually be decreasing while he is looking for work - we will not be able to have a room to ourselves where we can really have privacy 24/7 until we have two incomes coming in - at his parents' in KTM at least we will have a room to ourselves... Also I cannot afford the family plan insurance at my job - dunno what we are going to do...

but hey, you can drink the water here without getting Giardia! woohoo!!!!! America- fck yeah!!!!! :rofl:

Edited by Pattu Rani

thkirby-1.gifpetblink46.gif
BuddhaEyesGlobe.gif1433707c1j51myzp6.gif

Wallet - $3(in KTM)

Purse - $5(ditto)

Shoes - $45(summer) - $85(winter)

Hair color - $3 bag of henna, do it at home. Don't really cut my hair but a trim, SIL does it for free

Pedicure - $0 - do it at home

Computer & monitor - $1200

Eyelash tint - never had it done

Eyebrow shaping - $15 in Jackson Heights but my SIL does it for free

Groceries per week - $50-75 including household stuff and that's stretching it, probably it's less than that. Being veg and cooking at home helps.

Jeans - up to $75

Casual tops - $10(KTM)

A night out - $8-10 ($5 masala dosa, mango lassi, soda and a few bucks for donation at the Ganesh Temple)

Rent - currently paying $400 but could go up to $800(comfy-$1000(hurting))

Vacation - $3,000 ($1600 r/t ticket KTM-JFK plus $1400 spending money)

Now you see my priorities... :D

Edited by Pattu Rani

Filed: Country: Pitcairn Islands
Timeline
Also I cannot afford the family plan insurance at my job - dunno what we are going to do...

but hey, you can drink the water here without getting Giardia! woohoo!!!!! America- fck yeah!!!!! :rofl:

Good news when you can`t afford health insurance. :dance:

Also, how often do you buy those items? That matters too. In the end, just how much you spend for an item isn't the only thing that matters, how long you can make the money spent actually last matters just as much.

Very true - amortization. If you buy an outfit for $150(a couple of my fancy silk salwars cost about that much) but take care of it and wear it for 10 years the cost per wear is minimal, where if you go to H&M and buy a cheap outfit for $25 and only wear it once or twice before the seams fall apart then the cheaper outfit ends up being much more expensive, especially since H&M stuff is trendy and will likely look outdated in 2 years, where salwar or a classic suit will never really go in or out of style.

Also I cannot afford the family plan insurance at my job - dunno what we are going to do...

Good news when you can`t afford health insurance. :dance:

Yep, we'll save money on Cipro at least, LOL :dance:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
Lots of takes on this but mainly the point is, people have lost their faith in love these days. Its always about something else ... anyway we have a age gap too, though he is older and is a more traditional age gap I have heard a lot of ####### about it as well. Really love knows no age. Back to the topic, YES, I have lost friends, virtually all of them throughout these past 3 years, more due to my part because I got tired of explaining to myself but also the fact that 5 years down the line THEY aren't gonna be worrying about my love life, my LOVER will! (durrr) Anyway I have endured a lot of problematic situations, many of my friends don't know I am married but I don't mind having it that way. There's a lot more than us that you think! We VJ'ers should get together and have a reunion and u'll see how many of us there are! it really feels good to be here, to come home after a long day to a place where people know EXACTLY what you are going through.

Thanks VJ.

Tammy

marriage and life are hard all by themselves and family and friends should want to support you. After they voice their concerns they should move to the phase of support and get passed their concerns.

MY HOT ARAB HUBBY!!

dreamy_Riyad-2.jpg2615261345_a42ed1904a.jpg

No one tell the hubby! Oh wait I already told HIM! :)