Keith&Jessica

The Interview

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Well my Jessica's interview date had finally arrived, I was there at the Embassy with Jessica during her interview, we arrived at the Embassy around 6:45 am, at 7:00 am Jessica entered the Embassy, the guard would not let me go in with her, US Citizens could not enter the Embassy until 8:30 am, at that time I entered and waited with Jessica to be called for her interview, about two hour later she was called to the window, were she gave all the document, proof of relationship, dated pictures, letters, emails, more than enough to prove our relationship, well after about a hour, Jessica was called for her interview, I sat and watched as she was talking with the CO, it seem to be going well, than after about five minutes she ####### to me and called me over to talk to the CO, what had happened is Jessica became nervous because she did not understand one of the question the CO asked, and asked the Co for a interpreter, the reason Jessica wanted an interpreter, because the CO ask her, this question, Does your finacee have any sibling? and she did not know what the word Siblings meant, so here's the unusual part of the interview, when I went over to talk to the CO, he seems to me to be angry, and began to tell me that Jessica does not understand English well enough for us to have a relationship, but she proved him wrong, when I told him to slow down a little when he speak to her and she will understand everything he say, here's what makes this interview unusual, to be satisfied that we have a relationship, he said he would interview me as well is her, after interviewing us separately about our knowledge of each other and our families, he was satisfied of our relationship, but it did not stop there, he wanted to know how I can afford to travel to Ghana two time's this year and with the affidavit of support, the two supporting income tax returns, needed w-2 forms to support what was entered on the income tax forms, so the CO gave Jessica another Interview date of July 28 to bring the documents requested, it want be a problem to get those document, I have already have them, I am confident, that she will get her Visa, when she bring all the document needed.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Keith, sounds like the CO we had. I know that once Jessica goes back with the documents she will get the visa.

Thanks for keeping us posted :)

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

:angry: Why are the CO's in Ghana giving people such a hard time?

Keith, it was a good thing you were there. I am sure Jessica will get her visa in July. I am continuing to pray for you.

Thanks for posting.

Erika

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
:angry: Why are the CO's in Ghana giving people such a hard time?

Keith, it was a good thing you were there. I am sure Jessica will get her visa in July. I am continuing to pray for you.

Thanks for posting.

Erika

It's a high fraud post and not a particularly highly sought after place to work.

How is it the OP has been a member here for over a year and didn't know the W2's needed to be included as part of a complete tax return? Answer: Because they didn't learn the process by reading far more than posting. Let this be a lesson to all readers. If you don't learn the process during the process, you are likely to face disappointment.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
How is it the OP has been a member here for over a year and didn't know the W2's needed to be included as part of a complete tax return? Answer: Because they didn't learn the process by reading far more than posting. Let this be a lesson to all readers. If you don't learn the process during the process, you are likely to face disappointment.

I think Push should write a guide for all new members - so they can do what will help them. I think these people could have gotten their visa already instead of waiting for 3 more months! That's quite insane.

I tried to read everything twice and read as many posts as I could before I even started the process and had very good success with it. I nominate Push to come up with a 'beginners guide to VJ' that can be a must read for all beginners (and some of us long timers too). :thumbs:

Edited by motu

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I think Push should write a guide for all new members - so they can do what will help them. I think these people could have gotten their visa already instead of waiting for 3 more months! That's quite insane.

I tried to read everything twice and read as many posts as I could before I even started the process and had very good success with it. I nominate Push to come up with a 'beginners guide to VJ' that can be a must read for all beginners (and some of us long timers too). :thumbs:

Already done but nearly universally ignored.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...page=newmembers

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I can't believe the CO after interviewing you and your fiance seperately still needed to know why you can afford to come to Ghana two times in the same year....isn't it obvious you came so you can be with your fiance?

I am more scared then anything now for my interview, because it seems like the Ghana CO's are requesting second interviews based on anything right now. I know they are doing their jobs but my goodness to what extent!

I know everything will work out for the best come July. I am so glad you shared your experience. :( So sorry to hear what happened.

TIME LINE

09/2007 - Gathered all documents for I-129F petition.

11/09/2007 - Sent I-129F

11/21/2007 - Package sent back to me( I forgot to sign one of my G-325A forms) I cried my eyes out but sent it next day delivery back to USCIS.

11/27/2007 - Received NOA1

02/13/2008 - Received NOA2

02/20/2008 - Package left NVC

02/22/2008 - Case uploaded into Ghana consulate data system

04/08/2008 - Packet 3 & 4 sent to fiance

04/16/2008 - Packet 3 & 4 received by fiance

06/24/2008 - Interview date (God blessings on this day)

06/24/2008 - DENIED visa at interview

06/25/2008 - APPROVED visa at 2nd interview with senior consulate

06/27/2008 - Picked up VISA

07/03/2008 - Fiance entered USA at JFK POE & Got EAD Stamp in passport

07/18/2008 - Married

08/07/2008 - Mailed AOS application

Check out pics K&A pics from Ghana: http://missymoet.hi5.com

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

so sorry to hear about the delay... Appreciate you sharing and I will pray all goes well the "round". It seems like Jessica did well but the CO was being difficult. I hope the next major post is GOOD news!

8262.gif

JACKIE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.