starrynight20

Does the Petitioner attend interview with Beneficiary?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I filed my 129f early Jan at CSC so not to interview yet, but had a few questions and appreciate any help.

My fiancée is from the Philippines. Am I required to attend the interview with her? If not, may I attend the interview with her (or I would be waiting outside)? Assuming we pass the interview is it likely that she will obtain the visa that day (i.e. is it risky to buy plane tickets for both of us back to US?)

Thanks in advance.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
I filed my 129f early Jan at CSC so not to interview yet, but had a few questions and appreciate any help.

My fiancée is from the Philippines. Am I required to attend the interview with her? If not, may I attend the interview with her (or I would be waiting outside)? Assuming we pass the interview is it likely that she will obtain the visa that day (i.e. is it risky to buy plane tickets for both of us back to US?)

Thanks in advance.

I think if you are there, you'll be waiting outside but somebody can clarify that.

Yes, it is too risky to buy plane tickets for both until the visa is in hand, IMO and no it will not be in hand that day. I suggest you do some reading and posting in the regional forum for the Philippines in preparation for the interview.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Thanks in advance.

You are not required to attend the interview but if you can it will help you fiancee a lot to calm her nerves. During my interview my fiance then husband now was with me and he was asked questions as well. It is too risky to buy tickets before interview since there are people who end up in AR. Just my thought.

Riza

God is Great .. God is good... all the time..

N_-400

12/13/2010- SEnt The packet

12/22/2010- The packet was returned due to missing page.

12/23/2010- Resend the packet with complete pages.

12/29/2010- Check cashed in

01/03/2010- Receive NOA

01/10/2011- Email from USCIS for the Required Evidence( Finger printing)

01/26/2011-Biometric Schedule

02/07/2011-USCIS online status update-

02/12/2011- Received Interview Letter Scheduled March 14

02/12/2011- Received Descheduled letter

02/17/2011- USCIS online Status update

02/22/2011-New IL arrived schedule for March 29

02/22/2011-Descheduled Letter Again ( 2nd Time)

02/23/2011- I called USCIS and I was told new schedule in the computer for March 22

02/23/2011-USCIS ONline update....

03/01/2011-Interview Letter for March 22 @ 7:15 AM

03/22/2011- Interview and Oath; US Citizen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

Email the consulate, they would know.

For me I can attend but they said they might want to question me as well. Financially I might not want to do it but I am so nervous that something bad will happen.

Our Relationship

(09-27-06)Met in Hungary

(11-25-06)Fell in Love

(11-24-07)Met again in Hungary

(02-19-08)Met again in Hungary

K1 Visa Petition

(09-27-07)Preparing to send K1 Petition

(12-03-07)K1 Petition Sent US Postal Service

(12-11-07)Received NOA 1

(12-28-07)Touched

(03-11-08)Recieved NOA 2

(03-21-08)Recieved at NVC

(03-27-08)Sent from NVC

(04-02-08)Received Packet 3

(04-27-08)Medical Completed

(05-15-08)Received Packet 4

(05-29-08)Interview Date

(05-29-08)Visa given 40 mins after approval

(06-02-08)Arrival at the JFK and EAD given

For me I can attend but they said they might want to question me as well. Financially I might not want to do it but I am so nervous that something bad will happen.

Better if the petitioner attends in most cases. Buying tickets shows confidence in getting the visa. Just be sure the dates can be changed with a small fee or none.

I flew PAL Mabuhay [business] and you can change the ticket date for no charge.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks for the replies. Just got my NOA2 unexpectedly yesterday, so getting closer to interview :thumbs:

I will check the Philippines section of the boards and email the consulate.

Sounds like I am not required, but attending of course will show support for Lea and I may be allowed in and questioned too. Of course it’s expensive and a long trip (and my vacation time is limited), so I’m trying to weigh that decision.

Edited by starrynight20

Buying tickets shows confidence in getting the visa. Just be sure the dates can be changed with a small fee or none.

If that's the case, then I will show at up at interview with my Fiance with luggage in hand and a tricycle parked outside waiting to take me to airport :devil:

My suggestion. Attend if you can, Not really needed. Woman in PI tend get treated poorly by authority figures.

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Better if the petitioner attends in most cases. Buying tickets shows confidence in getting the visa. Just be sure the dates can be changed with a small fee or none.

I flew PAL Mabuhay [business] and you can change the ticket date for no charge.

Can't speak for the Phillipines, but it should not make a difference if the petitioner attends the interview or not. Only in high fraud countries may it be of an advantage. Otherwise, the petitioner may or may not be allowed in for the interview, which should be a quick 5-10 minute process if everything is in order.

12-14-07 Sent K-1 petition

12-17-07 Received NOA1

01-06-08 Got engaged!!!

02-21-08 NOA2 Approved

02-27-08 NVC processed petition

02-28-08 Received NOA2 in mail

03-03-08 Consulate in Rio de Janeiro received petition

03-21-08 Received packet for interview

04-22-08 Visa Interview and Visa APPROVED!

05-06-08 Visa received in mail

07-28-08 Wedding Date (Reception was 26th, but forgot to reigster for MC...oops)

10-04-08 Applied for AOS (EAD and AP also)

10-09-08 NOA1 for I-485

10-27-08 I-485 transferred to CSC

11-04-08 I-485 Biometrics appointment

11-13-08 NOA1 for EAD

12-09-08 EAD Biometrics appointment

01-08-09 AP Approved

01-13-09 AP Received

Cost of 3 roundtrip tickets to Brazil in last 3 years...... $2,900+

Cost of filing petitions for K-1 visa & AOS.................... $1,465+

Cost of monthly calling cards to Brazil........................$20

Cost of marrying the woman of my dreams.... PRICELESS

.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.