aspettando

What did I forget from Russia?

47 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

They are. One side is hard, rough, scrubby and the reverse side is soft. We had one in Kazan' but they are here too.

Are talking about a loofah? They have those everywhere here. Loofah on one side and spongy on the other. Any bed, bath place should carry them. :)

I misunderstood. I was thinking of a wisp as the small, mitten-looking thing you exfoliate your body with. It's kind of scratchy like sandpaper on one side and soft on the other. Lather up with one, scrape it off with another. Anyway, bring one of those things too (whatever they're called) as the stores in the U.S. don't really have them.

He means the really hard and scrubby one

not soft :)

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
They are. One side is hard, rough, scrubby and the reverse side is soft. We had one in Kazan' but they are here too.

Are talking about a loofah? They have those everywhere here. Loofah on one side and spongy on the other. Any bed, bath place should carry them. :)

I misunderstood. I was thinking of a wisp as the small, mitten-looking thing you exfoliate your body with. It's kind of scratchy like sandpaper on one side and soft on the other. Lather up with one, scrape it off with another. Anyway, bring one of those things too (whatever they're called) as the stores in the U.S. don't really have them.

He means the really hard and scrubby one

not soft :)

I think my wife's Russian wisp was made from nylon. I have bought her similar ones here in the U.S. but they aren't abrasive enough for her. When I went to Russia to visit my wife she scrubbed my back with her wisp several times. Each time she did it, it felt like she was rubbing my back with sandpaper.

Edited by CarlosAndSveta

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

lmao... ouch !

Removal of conditions

01.11.2011 Remove conditions GC I-751 ($590)

01.18.2011 NOA1

02.24.2011 Biometric

03.25.2011 Approved

03.28.2011 Notice sent

03.31.2011 Received new green card (and it's green !)

AOS/EAD/AP from K1

07.23.2008 Send AOS/EAD/AP

07.29.2008 Check cashed

08.01.2008 NOA1

08.08.2008 Biometric Notice received

08.21.2008 Biometric Appointment

09.22.2008 Approval notice sent for AP (CRIS email)

09.22.2008 Card production ordered for EAD (CRIS email)

09.25.2008 Card production ordered for EAD (CRIS email) and a couple of touch since (last one 09.30.2008)

09.27.2008 Reception AP

10.02.2008 EAD Received

02.23.2009 Notice for interview (1.5 month late compared to LA statistics)

03.16.2009 AOS Touch

04.01.2009 Interview in LA  // Approved 

04.06.2009 Welcome to the USA Letter

04.13.2009 Reception GC

Naturalization
06/2016 Request
03/2017 Interview

Almost at the end !

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline
Those are really bad for your skin.

Actually they are good for your skin. It helps your body shed of old skin flakes fast and revitalizes with new.

Here is my story. I've lived problem free life, payed my taxes. One day I decided to marry this girl. But to do so would require her to come to US of A, and so it started. My problem free live turned in to free problems from USCIS! Sure things turned to unsure, certain dates turned to aproximation within months. All logical thinking was out the door, as I filed my papers withing famous Vermont Centre!

I-130 Received

12-12-07

I-130 Approved

8-28-2008

NVC

Date Package Received By NVC : 09-05-08

-- Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 09-11-08

-- Pay I-864 Bill :09-11-08

-- Receive I-864 Package :09-15-08

-- Return I-864 Package :09-16-08

-- Return Completed DS-3032 :09-11-08

-- Receive IV Bill :09-17-2008

-- Pay IV Bill :09-17-2008

-- Receive Instruction Package :09-17-08

-- Case Completed at NVC :10-16-08

Date Package Left From NVC :10-31-08

Date Received By Consulate :11-05-08

Date Rec Instructions (Pkt 3) :11-05-08

Date Complete Instructions (Pkt 3) :11-05-08

Date Rec Appointment Letter (Pkt 4):11-25-08

Interview Date (IR-1/CR-1 Visa):12/08/08

Date IR-1/CR-1 Visa Received :12-11-08

Date of US Entry :12-17-08

Timeline

Exfoliation is good, but not with something so rough. You should not be using anything that people would compare with sandpaper on your skin. Something with the texture of a sugar scrub is far better and you really shouldn't exfoliate more than once a week. It's especially bad if you have skin problems, like eczema or acne.

Those are really bad for your skin.

Actually they are good for your skin. It helps your body shed of old skin flakes fast and revitalizes with new.

Первый блин комом.

I have to say that whatever it is (just asked, it's called a mochalka ruka'vitsa) it works for her. She uses it quite often and it scrapes off all the old flaky skin and the soft new stuff grows in it's place. Works especially well with Dead Sea salts.

She tries to use it on me every-now-and-then and I immediately squirm out of it, jump out of the shower and go running. It amazes me the amount of pain women will endure to be beautiful. I'm lucky, I'm just naturally so pretty.

I was looking yesterday at our shower, and there are 12 bottles of personal products in there. 11 of them were hers, the bottle of AXE shower gel, that I use to wash everything from top to bottom, was the only "manly" product to be seen in there. Maybe that's the real "axe effect." On the commercials they show guys being swarmed by women but what really happens is your lone bottle of shower gel gets swarmed by all those girly products. Those commercials, although true, are metaphoric only.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

Maybe it's ok if you don't have any issues with your skin to begin with, but I know that if I used it i'd probably get scarring. I still maintain that it's not necessary to sand your skin away, though. Especially if you're doing it every time you go into the bath.

I have to say that whatever it is (just asked, it's called a mochalka ruka'vitsa) it works for her. She uses it quite often and it scrapes off all the old flaky skin and the soft new stuff grows in it's place. Works especially well with Dead Sea salts.

She tries to use it on me every-now-and-then and I immediately squirm out of it, jump out of the shower and go running. It amazes me the amount of pain women will endure to be beautiful. I'm lucky, I'm just naturally so pretty.

I was looking yesterday at our shower, and there are 12 bottles of personal products in there. 11 of them were hers, the bottle of AXE shower gel, that I use to wash everything from top to bottom, was the only "manly" product to be seen in there. Maybe that's the real "axe effect." On the commercials they show guys being swarmed by women but what really happens is your lone bottle of shower gel gets swarmed by all those girly products. Those commercials, although true, are metaphoric only.

Edited by eekee

Первый блин комом.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Very, very good. We have as #1 absolutely necessary Russian item: wisp = mochalka ruka'vitsa. :ot2: Let's move on. What else is #2 absolutely necessary Russian item? :blink:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

It depends which state she is going to..since i moved to California,i never brought with me any coats,all furs stayed in russia..No regrets...

Just tell her to bring also clothes that she wears at home,like hoodies and pants...every time i go shopping here,i would rather buy something to wear out than in...

Very, very good. We have as #1 absolutely necessary Russian item: wisp = mochalka ruka'vitsa. :ot2: Let's move on. What else is #2 absolutely necessary Russian item? :blink:

Let me be more clear here, I'm not saying the wisp/mochalka is #1, I'm just saying it's up there. I just reinquired, and the #1 answer is Russian books/music/movies, etc. and Russian medicine.

(If you're going to an area with a good Russian market or you're pretty computer savvy, this stuff may not be necessary. However, if you're going to a place where there's not much available, bring something with you.)

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

Let me be more clear here, I'm not saying the wisp/mochalka is #1, I'm just saying it's up there. I just reinquired, and the #1 answer is Russian books/music/movies, etc. and Russian medicine.

Of course. I just put as #1 because it created a good exchange of replies. I will call Masha today and ask her about it. I don't think she uses it but I will not be surprised if she does. Thank you again and please continue sharing :thumbs: .

Timeline
It depends which state she is going to..since i moved to California,i never brought with me any coats,all furs stayed in russia..No regrets...

Just tell her to bring also clothes that she wears at home,like hoodies and pants...every time i go shopping here,i would rather buy something to wear out than in...

Excellent advise. She is coming to beautiful Bakersfield :rofl: where sunshine is plentiful... Thank you.

Fashion-Able clothes; especially shoes and boots and things that are form-fitting and have nice shape. Clothes here are a little more, uh, "loose" and definitely can't be described as "fashion-Able."

Русский форум член.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.