cris.luiza

Request of further evidence

29 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Thanks Paris - wish you well too. This bull#$%^ cant go on forever. But I sure am hoping for a K3 approval soon. I-130 would be nice but the K-3 is much needed as (as we all know too well) being apart from our wife or husband is really hard and its just not fair that we are still waiting when K-1 get approved daily. We are married!!!!!

Good luck to you.

Cheers

Dave

Naturalization Process

1/17/2012 N-400 paperwork mailed

1/22/2012 N-400 paperwork delivered at USCIS Dallas, TX

1/23/2012 N-400 received, NOA issued

1/30/2012 NOA received in mail

3/8/2012 Fingerprinting

4/18/2012 Naturalization Interview

4/27/2012 Oath Ceremony - Philadelphia

Thanks Paris - wish you well too. This bull#$%^ cant go on forever. But I sure am hoping for a K3 approval soon. I-130 would be nice but the K-3 is much needed as (as we all know too well) being apart from our wife or husband is really hard and its just not fair that we are still waiting when K-1 get approved daily. We are married!!!!!

Good luck to you.

Cheers

Dave

Thats is exactly what I've been saying, what happened to family first??? USCIS motto is " Bringing families together"

and this may be very well and true, they just forgot the part in their motto, "But in our own good time!!!!"

Hang in there Babe.

Paris

Edited by Paris Heart

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

That really sucks about your lawyer. They get paid enough money so should know what they are doing. We have been lucky with our lawyer as they are pretty efficient. Anyway - I too had an rfe last week. Our lawyer got the paperwork on Monday and it was a request for a certified copy of our marriage certificate, we sent a photocopy of the original. Our lawyers office got the necessary paperwork inthe mail to Vermont on Monday so now we are waiting for touches or hopefully even the mythical 'approval'! I hope the I-129f gets approved. I dont get why so few are coming through Vermont right now when people have filed them and the whole idea is to bring spouses together sooner whilst the rest of the filing takes place. Please - approve my K-3!!!!!

Good luck all.

Dave

Hey Cornishman, just read your post about your RFE, and it makes me a little nervous as I only sent a photocopy of the marriage certificate too. In all the package guidelines it stated you needn't send an original. So why would they request one now?! I haven't heard any more after the two touches I had last week. Hope yours works out quickly.

I agree with your complaints about the K1's getting approvals ahead of K3's. It's crazy, especially as they don't tie together the dates we filed our I-130 with our K3 i-129F. The receipting delay has royally shafted us in this respect. I wish I had just sent the I-129F with the I-130 instead of waiting 3 months for a receipt!

My latest plan is to apply for a Cuban passport, wait for it to be annexed as the 51st state and then stroll on in to the States! I think this would be quicker!

Hey Cornishman, just read your post about your RFE, and it makes me a little nervous as I only sent a photocopy of the marriage certificate too. In all the package guidelines it stated you needn't send an original. So why would they request one now?! I haven't heard any more after the two touches I had last week. Hope yours works out quickly.

Hi Briff, I think whether or not you get an RFE for the same thing also depends on the adjudicator handling your case (whether he/she's laid-back or the more ####### type). So it's not sure you'll even get one. I wouldn't worry about this just yet, nothing you can do about it now anyway, except drive yourself bonkers in the meantime.

And if you get one, at least they'll be handling your case and an approval might come quite soon after they receive your additional info (read the interview on VJ with a former USCIS adjudicator, to see how he handled the RFE's).

Take care,

Cat

Edited by Catt

Website US Department of State, Consular Affairs Bureau: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1339.html

Timeline

Hey! So I just got an email from CRIS today informing me that they have received our evidence they requested and our case has resumed processing. So the whole RFE situation took 8 days for us. Not too bad really. I mean obviously it would have been better not to have got the RFE (they requested a certified copy of our marriage certificate, we sent a photocopy of the original) as I have not heard of anyone else getting an RFE for this. Oh well, it's done now and now we wait to see what happens next. Fingers crossed for an approval soon, hopefully a K-3 one!

Cheers

Dave

Naturalization Process

3/8/2012 Fingerprinting

Filed: Timeline
Hey! So I just got an email from CRIS today informing me that they have received our evidence they requested and our case has resumed processing. So the whole RFE situation took 8 days for us. Not too bad really. I mean obviously it would have been better not to have got the RFE (they requested a certified copy of our marriage certificate, we sent a photocopy of the original) as I have not heard of anyone else getting an RFE for this. Oh well, it's done now and now we wait to see what happens next. Fingers crossed for an approval soon, hopefully a K-3 one!

Cheers

Dave

Your 8 days certainly gives hope to those who are getting or have just got an RFE.

Shame you got one at all .... especially for something so silly which noone else gets one for.

Thankfully they've now resumed your processing ..... fingers crossed for an approval before the weekend .... hey, you never know :thumbs:

Timeline

Yeah fingers crossed, thanks. It did seem a pretty silly RFE but like you said it does give others hope in the event of getting one that actually they can be sorted quickly.

Take it easy!

Dave

Naturalization Process

3/8/2012 Fingerprinting

Yeah fingers crossed, thanks. It did seem a pretty silly RFE but like you said it does give others hope in the event of getting one that actually they can be sorted quickly.

Take it easy!

Dave

Dave,

Glad its now taken care of , NOW, next posting from you we want to see a Approval.

Good luck.

Paris Heart

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Timeline

I'll drink to that Paris so we can all get the heck out of the USCIS and back with our wife/husband.

When I hear anything I'll let you all know. But I am not allowing myself to get excited yet to save from being let down. Fingers crossed for all of us though!

Naturalization Process

3/8/2012 Fingerprinting

• 1 year later...

I got an RFE today. I'm quite distressed about it. I first thought it said approved, but then read it again then it was actually RFE. I don't know what they need. Annoying thing is that until we receive the letter, we can't proceed. With it being the weekend, it'll now have to wait until Monday, theoretically loosing 2 days. Please USCIS approve my petition!

Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Sent

On August 28, 2009, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the requested information. This case will be in suspense until we receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once we receive the requested evidence or information and make a decision on the case, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, call 1-800-375-5283 to update your address.

Best of Luck. Best wishes. Thank you.

I got the same:

I'm stressed, can anyone please advise further

Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Sent

On August 28, 2009, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the requested information. This case will be in suspense until we receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once we receive the requested evidence or information and make a decision on the case, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, call 1-800-375-5283 to update your address.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hindocha i'm sorry to see you got the rfe

but until you get the actual letter no one can really advise you

have you reviewed the package you sent to them to see if there is any possible thing you missed?

you can probably start there

it's not unusual for them to ask for stuff you sent already, maybe its a case of that

either way, though its not much consolation, at least you know they're working on your case which means an approval is around the corner once you send in the evidence

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

have you reviewed the package you sent to them to see if there is any possible thing you missed?

it's not unusual for them to ask for stuff you sent already, maybe its a case of that

either way, though its not much consolation, at least you know they're working on your case which means an approval is around the corner once you send in the evidence

You got a point there. Just have to wait and see. It's annoying though, you'd expect once you enter in the case number, it should display what they want.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

You got a point there. Just have to wait and see. It's annoying though, you'd expect once you enter in the case number, it should display what they want.

Yes, it would be nice if they would tell you in the email. Rather than waiting for the hardcopy.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.