cieloazul

Friendster account?

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello, I have a friendster account that was setup when one of my stepchildren added me as a friend (I received an email from Friendster and when I checked to see what it was, I added my account). My wife says guys don't setup friendster accounts and if they do it is only to talk to other women. I've never used it for that and never would. I have viewed my stepchild's friends and my wife's sisters photo album. One of her sisters has lots of pictures of family and friends which was interesting to see. My wife also said she didn't want some of longtime friends to find out about our marriage because it could complicate things with her ex-husband even though we will need his written permission when the children leave the phils. I'v seen other VJers list their friendster accounts here so maybe you can tell me if I am in the wrong here. Thank you in advance.

K-3 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

Marriage : 2007-05-24

I-130 Sent : 2007-08-28

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-15 receipt date

I-130 NOA2: 2008-09-02 Hardcopy

I-129F Sent : 2008-02-29

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-03-03

I-129F RFE(s) : None

RFE Reply(s) : None

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-08-26 (email)

I-129F NOA2: 2008-09-02 Hardcopy

NVC Received :2008-09-04

NVC Left : 2008-09-04

Consulate Received :2008-09-12

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Medical: 2008-09-23,24

Sputum Test Passed, complete medical: 2008-12-08

Interview Date : 2008-12-22, White Slips, need current marriage index and CENOMAR

Visa Received : 2009-01-19

US Entry : 2009-02-01

I-130 Approval : 2008-08-26

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 179 days from your filing date.

Your I-130 was approved in 364 days from your filing date.

Filed: Timeline
My wife also said she didn't want some of longtime friends to find out about our marriage because it could complicate things with her ex-husband even though we will need his written permission when the children leave the phils.

Im more concerned with this bit above. Good luck to you!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello, I have a friendster account that was setup when one of my stepchildren added me as a friend (I received an email from Friendster and when I checked to see what it was, I added my account). My wife says guys don't setup friendster accounts and if they do it is only to talk to other women. I've never used it for that and never would. I have viewed my stepchild's friends and my wife's sisters photo album. One of her sisters has lots of pictures of family and friends which was interesting to see. My wife also said she didn't want some of longtime friends to find out about our marriage because it could complicate things with her ex-husband even though we will need his written permission when the children leave the phils. I'v seen other VJers list their friendster accounts here so maybe you can tell me if I am in the wrong here. Thank you in advance.

Sounds like the issue is NOT that you have a friendster account.

It sounds to me that the issue is... your wife's ex-husband doesnt know she got re-married and your wife is afraid he is gonna make it difficult for her to take the children to the US when he finds out she re-married.

You'll need to discuss the real issue with your wife.

Having a friendster account or any other account does not indicate that a man is looking for women. These accounts can be used for different things, but mainly they are established to keep in touch with friends and even to make new friends. I have plenty of friends who have these kinds of accounts including my fiance. If a man is going to cheat, he doesn't need a friendster account to do that.

Sounds like your wife has trust issues.

Our K-1 Timeline

01/12/08: Attorney mailed petition to CSC

01/22/08: NOA1

05/27/08: NOA2

06/03/08: NVC received

06/04/08: NVC forwarded to Rio de Janeiro consulate

06/09/08: Consulate received

06/23/08: Packet 3 sent

08/19/08: Interview!! (Approved!!)

08/27/08: Visa in hand

09/12/08: POE (Washington DC)

09/25/08: Applied for Social Security card

10/06/08: Social Security card received

11/12/08: Marriage!!

AOS Timeline

03/21/09: Mailed AOS docs to Chicago

03/23/09: AOS packet received in Chicago

03/31/09: NOA1

04/03/09: NOA1 Received (His Birthday!!)

04/17/09: Received notice that our case was transferred to CSC on 4/13/09

04/17/09: My case has been entered into the USCIS system!!

04/23/09: Biometrics appointment

05/11/09: AP approved

05/12/09: Case arrived at CSC for further processing

05/13/09: EAD approved

05/13/09: AOS Touched

05/14/09: AP received

05/15/09: EAD card received

06/25/09: Card production ordered

07/06/09: Approval notice sent

07/06/09: Card Received!!!

Removal of Conditions

03/23/11: Will mail I-751

Citizenship

03/23/12: Will mail N-400

.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
My wife also said she didn't want some of longtime friends to find out about our marriage because it could complicate things with her ex-husband even though we will need his written permission when the children leave the phils.

Im more concerned with this bit above. Good luck to you!

ditto :thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

I looked up the definition and I think the following the definition fits the context of your post:

2 ausually disparaging : a weak or effeminate man or boy busually disparaging : a male homosexual

I've never been called that before either online or in person. I sort of doubt you would make that comment directly to me in person; you just seem like the type person who only enjoys confrontation from a distance (I'm not insinuating you are a coward). Do websites like friendster have anything to do with masculinity? If you somehow came up with that association, you really do have issues going on with your masculinity. Hopefully your controversial posts help you to make up for any inadequacies you have in that department.

K-3 Visa

Event Date

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2008-12-22, White Slips, need current marriage index and CENOMAR

Comments :

Processing

i think there is more deeper issues here than just a friendster account. My husband has his myspace account and i don't since most of my friends have used friendster.

if her past marriage has been legally terminated I don't see any reasons why she's scared of her friends or ex-hubby to know of your marriage and neither a future complications of filing a petitions for her kids...

bunbunard20090713_-6_ETHAN.png

I-751 Lifting Conditions Timeline

April 06, 2010 - mailed I-751 documents via usps express mail(overnight)with delivery confirmation

April 07, 2010 - packet delivered and signed

April 12, 2010 - check was cashed

April 13, 2010 - received NOA1 (dated 04/08/10)

May 07, 2010 - Biometrics

May 10, 2010 - Touched

June 23, 2010 - APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW!!!

DSC00770.jpg

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Having a friendster account or any other account does not indicate that a man is looking for women. These accounts can be used for different things, but mainly they are established to keep in touch with friends and even to make new friends. I have plenty of friends who have these kinds of accounts including my fiance. If a man is going to cheat, he doesn't need a friendster account to do that.

Sounds like you wr wife has trust issues.

you are probably right.i have trust issue regarding this friendster thing.. but you dont why. i didnt know why my husband had friendster acct. til i saw it. i know its too much for me to question him having an acct.there, but why would he want to?? he doesnt have any other pictures there and his profile is public. ,tell me why?i didnt sign up for one. i can send him pictures, he and i talk everyday. i guess he's bored,huh? ( i signed up after i saw his profile )

ive told him over and over about the reason , why i didnt inform only one of my friends about us getting/being married. thinking i was right. but i was. that was only the reason why. and now he's saying, i didnt want to be with him because im embarassed with my friends finding out about it.

we've talked about it, many times. and i thought he understood.even if i was posting hundreds of pics of our wedding. still he think that. today,ive deleted my acct there.i dont want to know anymore why he has a profile there....and why he logs in still, regularly.

i thought this issue was over. in the first place why would he need approval for this?

I LOVE MY HUSBAND VERY MUCH, if he really does too, why cant talk we about this? why cant we get through it? we should be talking about this alone.oh! i forgot,we dot agree about this friendster thing.

youre right, my husband can set up his profile n other sites,dating sites,without my knowledge.

thank you users noelandtintin, they undrstood the reason why. we should having one acct. for both of us. not a separate one.like in friendster site ,not like this. not feeling real oneness.

K-3 Visa

Event Date

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-15

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-08-26

NVC Received : 2008-09-04

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2008-12-22, whtie slip -asked for marriage index + annotated marriage cert.

Submitted Add'l Documents : 2009-01-08

Approved on 2009-01-12.....visas for printing

Visa Received : 2008-01-19

US Entry : ...........

Comments :

Processing

The Friendster account appears to be a non-issue.

Despite the other comments here, it appears that you are aware of the requirement for the written permission of the children's father, in order to have your SO's children leave the Philippines.

With that in mind, forget about the other Friendster concerns.

Timeline

Sounds like your wife has trust issues.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

My son named Zac

"My son's smile makes my day complete"

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

06.17.2010 - submitted our papers

06.19.2010 - papers arrived at Chicago lockbox

06.24.2010 - Check cashed

06.28.2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy received (9 days from the day they got our papers)

07.05.2010 - Received Biometrics Schedule (July 26)

08.05.2010 - Biometrics done! (had to re-schedule from 7/26 to 8/5)

08.13.2010 - Got my interview letter

08.20.2010 - EAD card on production

09.06.2010 - Got my EAD Card (62 days)

09.07.2010 - Applied for SSN

09.14.2010 - SSN Card received

09.16.2010 - Interview schedule (APPROVED)

09.20.2010 - Welcome Notice Received ("Welcome to the USA")

09.25.2010 - 10 yr Green Card received! (98 days)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline

I think she is just trying to protect her kids because of their ex. You know in any races whether US or Philippines, some couples end up in bad separation. Some think of revenge and some wanted their kids back to them.

Trust your wife.. Talk to her, there should be things that you and her need to discuss. You should know her fears and the things from the past so you know what to expect..and She should tell everything..

jamesfiretrucksg2.th.jpgthpix.gif

Timeline
I think she is just trying to protect her kids because of their ex. You know in any races whether US or Philippines, some couples end up in bad separation. Some think of revenge and some wanted their kids back to them.

Trust your wife.. Talk to her, there should be things that you and her need to discuss. You should know her fears and the things from the past so you know what to expect..and She should tell everything..

We've discussed her ex some and I don't want her to contact him directly about the permission papers we'll need for our children to travel outside of the phils. Based on what she has told me and the the information in the annulment docs, the guy could be a problem. I'm not sure how other applicants have dealt with exs, but I thought it would be better if a lawyer contacted him about obtaining the notarized letter allowing travel. I wonder if anyone has been delayed because an ex hasn't wanted to give that permission? What are the recourses if that happens? This is off the original topic but I'd appreciate any advice.

K-3 Visa

Event Date

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Comments :

Processing

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

We've discussed her ex some and I don't want her to contact him directly about the permission papers we'll need for our children to travel outside of the phils. Based on what she has told me and the the information in the annulment docs, the guy could be a problem. I'm not sure how other applicants have dealt with exs, but I thought it would be better if a lawyer contacted him about obtaining the notarized letter allowing travel. I wonder if anyone has been delayed because an ex hasn't wanted to give that permission? What are the recourses if that happens? This is off the original topic but I'd appreciate any advice.

Reading this might help ease up your mind Travel Clearance for Minors