J & Q

Does time really matter?

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Like everyone else, be prepared to demonstrate you have a bona fide relationship. There is no minimum "know each other" time except to have met in person in the past two years. Vietnam is a high fraud post, so I'd get to the appropriate regional forum for advice on what evidence to be ready with and how to prepare for the interview.

Would you happen to know where I could obtain this information?

By reading the regional forum here and also general research on the web about Ho Chi Mihn City consulate.

Some have found it advantageous if they attend the interview with their fiance. After researching you might want to consider that option.

I am going to put in a request to my employer on Monaday to take off so that I can be there with her so that she doesn't have to do it alone. Will I be allowed to actually attend the interview? I was reading on the Ho chi Minh Consulate's website that I cannot attend, only the one being interviewed.

Thanks for your help

I guess you haven't found the appropriate regional forum. Try here.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showforum=90

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Like everyone else, be prepared to demonstrate you have a bona fide relationship. There is no minimum "know each other" time except to have met in person in the past two years. Vietnam is a high fraud post, so I'd get to the appropriate regional forum for advice on what evidence to be ready with and how to prepare for the interview.

By reading the regional forum here and also general research on the web about Ho Chi Mihn City consulate.

Some have found it advantageous if they attend the interview with their fiance. After researching you might want to consider that option.

I am going to put in a request to my employer on Monaday to take off so that I can be there with her so that she doesn't have to do it alone. Will I be allowed to actually attend the interview? I was reading on the Ho chi Minh Consulate's website that I cannot attend, only the one being interviewed.

Thanks for your help

No, sadly, you will not be allowed in the consulate during your fiancee's interview. However, some think it is advantageous for you to be waiting outside so she can say that you are there to support her. I've never understood why they don't want to interview the petitioner as well. I think it should be a requirement.

As others have said, you need to post this on the SE Asia forum. There is a lot of Vietnam-specific information in there. Good luck!

Filed: Other Timeline

Thanks for your help

No, sadly, you will not be allowed in the consulate during your fiancee's interview. However, some think it is advantageous for you to be waiting outside so she can say that you are there to support her. I've never understood why they don't want to interview the petitioner as well. I think it should be a requirement.

As others have said, you need to post this on the SE Asia forum. There is a lot of Vietnam-specific information in there. Good luck!

Obviously I'm not personally familiar with this consulate but in the past I have read accounts of the petitioner accompanying the beneficiary. Has this changed?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Good Luck to you I hope it works out for you being able to be there for the interview

TimeLine

Consulate : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I-129F Sent : 2007-09-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-09-28

I-129F RFE(s) : none

RFE Reply(s) : none

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-10-30

NVC Received : 2007-11-05

NVC Left : 2007-11-06

Consulate Received : 2007-11-09

Packet 3 Received : 2007-11-17

Packet 3 Sent : 2007-11-23

Packet 4 Received : 2007-12-16

Medical Taken : 2008-01-03

Medical Passed : 2008-01-04

Interview Date : 2008-01-11

Interview Passed : 2008-01-11

Visa Issue : January 18th 2008

USA ENTRY : January 23rd 2008

POE Entry : Seattle Washington

Wedding : February 9th 2008

Social Security Card Received: February 19th 2008

Civil Surgeon I693 signed : April 14th Vaccinations Complete.

AOS: Sent on April 15th 2008 USPS Confirmed . April 17th 4:56 Am

AOS: Hard Copy Received NOA1 April 22nd all 3 arrived same day.

Biometrics : Received Appointment Letter Today April 27th = May 23rd 2008 10 am appointment

Transfered CSC June 4th

EAD: Approved June 13th 2008

EAD: Recieved Card June 18th 2008

AP: Approved June 13th 2008

AP: Received June 18th 2008

AOS:touched :Card ordered July 26th

Approval: AOS : Aug 4th

Green Card :Received : Aug 5th with Welcome Letter . 2 years Dated July 26th

Thank You USCIS

Thank You Visa Journey...........................

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline
I don't think the CO is going to deny you because of that. After all, you both fulfill the requirement! So, think positive and best of luck on your fiancee's interview!

Cheers :star:

Thanks, that is reassuring. I will tell my fiancée not to worry and to focus on preparing for her interview. :thumbs:

:thumbs:

“You need to be aware of what others are doing, applaud their efforts, acknowledge their successes, and encourage them in their pursuits. When we all help one another, everybody wins.” - Jim Stovall -

Our Journey

2008-08-15 .......... Married on K-1!!!!

2009-08-28 .......... Sent AOS (I-485 and I-765) Application to Chicago

2009-09-11 .......... NOA 1 for I-485 and I-765

2009-09-25 .......... Biometrics Appointment in Charlotte, NC (walk-in)

2009-10-08 .......... EAD Approved (CRIS update)

2009-10-08 .......... I-485 Touched, I-485 Case transferred to CSC (CRIS update)

2009-10-09 .......... Biometrics Appointment #2 in Charlotte, NC (walk-in)

2009-10-15 .......... I-485 Case transferred to USCIS office

2009-10-16 .......... I-485 Touched, EAD card arrived in the mail

2009-10-19 .......... I-485 Touched

2009-11-04 .......... I-485 Touched

2009-11-05 .......... I-485 RFE (CRIS update)

2009-11-06 .......... I-485 Touched

2009-11-10 .......... RFE arrived in the mail

2009-11-12 .......... RFE response sent back to CSC

2009-11-17 .......... RFE Received at CSC (CRIS update)

2009-11-18 .......... I-485 Touched

2009-11-23 .......... I-485 Notice that new permanent resident status has been registered

2009-11-24 .......... I-485 Card production ordered

2009-11-25 .......... I-485 Touched

2009-11-30 .......... I-485 Approval Notice sent, Permanent Resident Card in the mail!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.