✿Ice Rain✿

WITNESS AFFIDAVITS

128 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Loterly,

I'm sorry if I have embarrased you by linking to one of your old post. But I thought thats what you were referring to when you posted the quote below.

it doesnt sound like it is just an opinion, you stated a fact earlier, then restated that you dont know then now its just an opinion.

was it also an opinion when someone replied to a post that this "person" needs a psychiatrist more than a visa? it has nothing to do with this topic, but im just asking your opinion about this. is this a fact or an opinion?

What I didnt realize is that you actually hate me for something else. A post which you included in your latest post. Thanks for clarifying and I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings.

I'm sorry too if what I said is not what you wanted to hear. But a woman thinking about burning herself to cover scars caused by cuts she did to herself on her wrist, my initial reaction is that, that person needs help and should not be worried about a fiance visa. That person should be more worried about her mental state and physical health.

You asked for advice on a public forum. That's what I gave. Sorry if I offended you.

Noel,

I don't know you.. and it's far from me to respond negative to someone on this board.. since in reality.. this is a place for helping each other..

I don't believe I have a right to tell anyone what they can, and cannot post on this board..

But have you known anyone that has has a issue in their life concerning suicide?

To be honest.. it's quite sensitive issue in my view. no one had any idea how long ago the incident happened.. for all we know.. it could have been 20 years ago for anyones concern! he or she could be a Christian now.

I can see the concern in someones mind if the doctors see this what should I do? Should I be truthful and loose my chance at being with the person I love? I think in the Philippines that anything could happen.. So, I can see the worry that it could cause to think of doing something like that to cover it.

I can't see where thinking of something like that would cause anyone to think they need to see a doctor rather then a visa to be with their love one.

To me, I think if you don't have anything positive to say about a issue like that.. I think it would be best to not have any input at all if your going to throw out something as hurtful as that.

I know you may or may have not meant any harm with that post.. but, if you known my life.. I was also offended when I read that post.

I just didn't feel like my input at the time would have helped anyone.

I suppose that is my point.. if the suggestion is hurtful.. then why post it?

1_678006162l.jpg

x6myw1.jpg

1589m5i.jpg

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Noel,

I don't know you.. and it's far from me to respond negative to someone on this board.. since in reality.. this is a place for helping each other..

I don't believe I have a right to tell anyone what they can, and cannot post on this board..

But have you known anyone that has has a issue in their life concerning suicide?

To be honest.. it's quite sensitive issue in my view. no one had any idea how long ago the incident happened.. for all we know.. it could have been 20 years ago for anyones concern! he or she could be a Christian now.

I can see the concern in someones mind if the doctors see this what should I do? Should I be truthful and loose my chance at being with the person I love? I think in the Philippines that anything could happen.. So, I can see the worry that it could cause to think of doing something like that to cover it.

I can't see where thinking of something like that would cause anyone to think they need to see a doctor rather then a visa to be with their love one.

To me, I think if you don't have anything positive to say about a issue like that.. I think it would be best to not have any input at all if your going to throw out something as hurtful as that.

I know you may or may have not meant any harm with that post.. but, if you known my life.. I was also offended when I read that post.

Mike_Zandy,

You are right. You dont know me. And yes I have known someone who has an issue concerning suicide attempt. I told him the same thing I told Loterly... That person needs help.

And to be honest, when Loterly posted that twice, once under jom's account, and once under herself pretending it was a friend's issue, there was very little info included. She didnt say when it happened or what "religion" she subscribed to.

The only thing she asked was basically... Do I lie or not about it.

Back to topic.. Is it hurtful to tell someone that I thought was suicidal to forget about the visa and seek professional help instead? Maybe. I don't know. But I do believe thats the best advice I can give.

Funny though, for someone who dont believe they have the right to tell someone what they can and cannot post to this board, you are doing the exact same thing.

Is there anyone else out there who got offended with my response to jom or Loterly about a few weeks ago? Please come forward so I could apologize to you too.

Filed: Timeline
Noel,

Mike_Zandy,

You are right. You dont know me. And yes I have known someone who has an issue concerning suicide attempt. I told him the same thing I told Loterly... That person needs help.

And to be honest, when Loterly posted that twice, once under jom's account, and once under herself pretending it was a friend's issue, there was very little info included. She didnt say when it happened or what "religion" she subscribed to.

The only thing she asked was basically... Do I lie or not about it.

Back to topic.. Is it hurtful to tell someone that I thought was suicidal to forget about the visa and seek professional help instead? Maybe. I don't know. But I do believe thats the best advice I can give.

Funny though, for someone who dont believe they have the right to tell someone what they can and cannot post to this board, you are doing the exact same thing.

Is there anyone else out there who got offended with my response to jom or Loterly about a few weeks ago? Please come forward so I could apologize to you too.

WOW .. I suppose you have a degree in advice..

This is a waste of time.. You continue on with your advice..

enjoy.. I have a life outside of posting negative things on a message board.

1_678006162l.jpg

x6myw1.jpg

1589m5i.jpg

The pastor that married us has ZERO knowledge of my relationship with my husband apart from the fact that he knows my children and my ex-husband. That does not make him a very compelling person to provide bonifides of the relationship. Anyone could show up to my wedding and that doesn't tell anyone about the relationship, either. All they know is they saw two people get married.

I can't even believe this thread. It is so far past ridiculous it isn't funny.

Think about the INTENTION of the request for bonifides. It is to prove that the two people are not entering into marriage solely for immigration purposes. This is about FAMILY-related visas therefore a true and honest MARITAL RELATIONSHIP is what they are interested in. That there was a marriage is proven by a license. But that license doesn't prove jack in regard to the intentions of the two people that got married. Sharing a life, money, plans, time, resources, children, hobbies, etc. says what kind of relationship the person has.

It ain't rocket science people.

Sent I-130 to VT 25-Oct-2007

I-130 Moved to California 6-August-2008

My petition has been in 3 states (1, twice) in 9 months!

Rec'd by CSC 8/9, touched 8/11, 8/12, 8/15, 8/20, 8/25

Approved Tuesday, 25-August-2008

10 months since we mailed the petition

Rec'd NVC 9/3, Invoice Generated 9/10, DS-3032 emailed 9/11.

Rec'd AOS invoice 9/15, paid online 9/15, Accepted as Paid 9/18, mailed I-864EZ 9/19

IV Invoiced 9/18, paid online 9/19, Accepted as paid 9/22

DS-230 sent 10/2

Case complete @NVC 10/8 - 11 months, 1 week and 6 days

Interview in Montreal December 18, 2008 - scheduled 1 year, 1 week and 3 days after the start of our journey. Takes place 1 year, 1 month, 3 weeks and 2 days after the start...

[X] Passed [ ] Failed Interview

Thursday, April 2, 2009 Activated Visa - 1 year, 5 months, 1 week and 1 day

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello,

This is off topic from affidavit. But i would like to comment;

It is better that when we voice out our opinions or advises , most especially in public board like this , it is so important that we are being aware with how we are saying this, how we are delivering the words , by having say it in a nice way and not in disrespectful ways as to avoid offending others. If someone is not insensitive to others feelings, then, this is not hard to do. Having a good values is a plus.

Shape

Loterly,

I'm sorry if I have embarrased you by linking to one of your old post. But I thought thats what you were referring to when you posted the quote below.

it doesnt sound like it is just an opinion, you stated a fact earlier, then restated that you dont know then now its just an opinion.

was it also an opinion when someone replied to a post that this "person" needs a psychiatrist more than a visa? it has nothing to do with this topic, but im just asking your opinion about this. is this a fact or an opinion?

What I didnt realize is that you actually hate me for something else. A post which you included in your latest post. Thanks for clarifying and I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings.

I'm sorry too if what I said is not what you wanted to hear. But a woman thinking about burning herself to cover scars caused by cuts she did to herself on her wrist, my initial reaction is that, that person needs help and should not be worried about a fiance visa. That person should be more worried about her mental state and physical health.

You asked for advice on a public forum. That's what I gave. Sorry if I offended you.

if that is how you replied to that post, then i guess u wont be hearing anything from me.. U DIG THAT?? im glad to know that u can say nice and good advice, but the fact still remains that was not how you said it on that post. it goes the same with your other posts, this is a public form,YES I KNOW THAT RIGHT, so YOU HAVE TO BE RESPONSIBLE WITH WHAT YOU WANNA SAY,YOU HAVE TO BE CAREFUL WITH YOUR WORDS, COZ IF YOU NOTICED, YOU CANT TAKE THEM BACK ANYMORE NOR EDIT THEM ONCE THEY WERE POSTED. THEY WILL BE POSTED THERE FOREVER.

i accept your apology as im sending now mine.

Edited by SHAPE OF MY HEART

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
The pastor that married us has ZERO knowledge of my relationship with my husband apart from the fact that he knows my children and my ex-husband. That does not make him a very compelling person to provide bonifides of the relationship. Anyone could show up to my wedding and that doesn't tell anyone about the relationship, either. All they know is they saw two people get married.

I can't even believe this thread. It is so far past ridiculous it isn't funny.

Think about the INTENTION of the request for bonifides. It is to prove that the two people are not entering into marriage solely for immigration purposes. This is about FAMILY-related visas therefore a true and honest MARITAL RELATIONSHIP is what they are interested in. That there was a marriage is proven by a license. But that license doesn't prove jack in regard to the intentions of the two people that got married. Sharing a life, money, plans, time, resources, children, hobbies, etc. says what kind of relationship the person has.

It ain't rocket science people.

It's not rocket science but this thread has gotten completely out of hand. Shape, the OP actually provided an excellent example of a well formatted affidavit. I suspect the misunderstanding of what the content should be was born out of a simple failure follow the "bona fide marital relationship" context, probably due to English as a second language or a common inability to follow the more complicated context of a government form written by an attorney.

She certainly didn't try to mislead anybody. All the other personal stuff is completely out of line.

Some readers of the thread understand any affidavits are to be about the relationship. Some misunderstand and think the affidavits are about the legality of the wedding. Anybody who still misunderstands is a lost cause, as to this subject matter, IMO.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Personally, I consider the affidavits described to be totally useless and of no assistance whatsoever.The affiants offer no information about the bona fides of the relationship. They only attest that an official wedding took place. That's what the official marriage certificate does.

i strongly disagree with your personal opinion.we have almost the same affidavit with shapes affidavit. no information about the bona fides of the relationship, but with the ceremony ,was prepared by the attorney signed by affiant with publicly notarization. affidavit need not to be a novel but brief. proving the bonafides of relationship is needed during the interview.

best of luck to you shape. we are with you.you posted an excellent sample here.

974627noyvyihpyb.jpg

I see. So rather than discuss or even entertain the intention of the requirement, it is more important to justify that what someone did before that in some way cost money and had the appearance of authority, is appropriate. The fact that it totally misses the point is of no consequence.

Sent I-130 to VT 25-Oct-2007

I-130 Moved to California 6-August-2008

My petition has been in 3 states (1, twice) in 9 months!

Rec'd by CSC 8/9, touched 8/11, 8/12, 8/15, 8/20, 8/25

Approved Tuesday, 25-August-2008

10 months since we mailed the petition

Rec'd NVC 9/3, Invoice Generated 9/10, DS-3032 emailed 9/11.

Rec'd AOS invoice 9/15, paid online 9/15, Accepted as Paid 9/18, mailed I-864EZ 9/19

IV Invoiced 9/18, paid online 9/19, Accepted as paid 9/22

DS-230 sent 10/2

Case complete @NVC 10/8 - 11 months, 1 week and 6 days

Interview in Montreal December 18, 2008 - scheduled 1 year, 1 week and 3 days after the start of our journey. Takes place 1 year, 1 month, 3 weeks and 2 days after the start...

[X] Passed [ ] Failed Interview

Thursday, April 2, 2009 Activated Visa - 1 year, 5 months, 1 week and 1 day

Timeline
I see. So rather than discuss or even entertain the intention of the requirement, it is more important to justify that what someone did before that in some way cost money and had the appearance of authority, is appropriate. The fact that it totally misses the point is of no consequence.

You guys dont still dont get it. This thread is not about affidavits anymore. 433965qzur0la2nd.gif

There's a certain click in certain subforum and this thread is what happens when you offend their cheerleader.433974gp1poj7g3d.gif

Yes, just like high school. You will suffer, be called names (tactles, insensitive, "girly", naive, hurtful), and the authorities will try to outcast you.

As I've said before, this thread had become ridiculous and should be closed. 570018w02xr7isn0.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I am astonished on how far this thread has come, just because ppl try to justify their affidavits submitted. Pushbrk, has detailed nicely what BONAFIDES of a marriage mean... this is clearly written on the I-130. They are asking for affidavits from ppl that can say that they've witnessed the bonifides and what they were specifically. That's all... not so hard, is it? The problem comes in when ppl that have already submitted their affidavits without stating anything about bonafides, then they feel they have to justify their choice. Affidavits clearly don't carry the weight of approval or not!!!

For those new and searching about affidavits.. u can follow Shapes outline (is very nice) BUT BE SURE THAT THE PERSON WHO IS COMPLETING IT ACTUALLY KNOWS BOTH OF YOU AND SAY IN WHAT SETTING OTHER THAN JUST WATCHING YOU GET MARRIED.

USCIS (Total 212 days)

05-15-08 Received call from VSC - I was Approved Yay!

NVC (Total Days: 00)

-----

05/21/2008 : NVC Case# Assigned

05/26/2008 : I-864 AOS Fee Bill invoiced in NVC system.

05/26/2008 : DS-3032 generated

05/31/2008 : DS-3032 emailed by my spouse

06/02/2008 : AOS ($70) Paid online

06/03/2008 : I-864 AOS Barcode cover sheet generated

06/03/2008 : I-864 AOS Generated

06/11/2008 : Choice of agent email accepted at NVC

00/00/2008 : I-864 AOS package delivered to NVC

00/00/2008 : I-864 AOS package entered into NVC system

06/11/2008 : DS-3032 email reply received from NVC to my spouse

06/18/2008 : DS-230 IV Fee Bill Paid online ($400)

06/20/2008 : DS-230 IV Fee Barcode cover sheet generated.

06/20/2008 : DS-230 Packet generated and mailed by NVC

00/00/2008 : DS-230 package mailed to NVC by USPS Express mail

00/00/2008 : DS-230 IV Package delivered to NVC

00/00/2008 : DS-230 IV package entered into NVC system

00/00/2008 : Case Completed at NVC

Beirut U.S Embassy (Total Days: 0)

--------------------------

00/nn/2008 : Case Forwarded to Beirut U.S Embassy by DHL

00/nn/2008 : Medical at Beirut

00/nn/2008 : U.S Embassy Interview

-------------

00/nn/2008 : Arrival at U.S Port of Entry

I thought I'd put a little perspective on what I think has happened in this thread. My wife is a Filipina, but not claiming to be any type of expert on Philippine Social customs. I think this has to do with the Filipino Social Custom of saving face. face is the measure of one's self pride, integrity, character and good name.

to me it seems that the ladies went into a defensive mode because of what they felt was public criticism, so they felt the need to "save face".

many of us here have an SO's from a different culture. we learn to integrate the other's culture into our live's.

hopefully we can all be tolerant to those who are, or will be transitioning to a new culture.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Yah this thread is about affidavit, so personal comments should not be included here,,, this is public forum... and everybody can see what u will post here and can't be erase...

If you were the side with Ate Loterly, you will feel what she felt now..

Personal comments should be out here... because ate lot is not asking advices here in this thread, and perhaps it's not nice to bring up her past here.

Giving opinion is good, but be sure u will not hurt someone..

Shape just want to share and answer & try to help to other people who asked her... it's up to the people who read to use it, or as guide or additional or just ignore it. She stated that's her affidavit, and she was approved, so that's why she posted it here..

Timeline
Yah this thread is about affidavit, so personal comments should not be included here,,, this is public forum... and everybody can see what u will post here and can't be erase...

Funny though coz most of Shape's friends have only mostly personal comments to share, including you.

One even metioned she will use Shape's affidavits exactly the way it is, even though her case have long been approved

Personal comments should be out here... because ate lot is not asking advices here in this thread, and perhaps it's not nice to bring up her past here.

If you read the thread again, without bias, youd probably realize that Loterly was the one who initially brought up personal issues here.

To be honest, when I gave that advice to Loterly, I really thought I was helping and not hurting her.

I mean she was thinking of burining herself to cover cuts she did to herself. I really thought she needed professional help. What kind of advice do you think I should have given her?

Shape just want to share and answer & try to help to other people who asked her... it's up to the people who read to use it, or as guide or additional or just ignore it. She stated that's her affidavit, and she was approved, so that's why she posted it here..

I know Shape meant well and always try to help. But she did get a little defensive and her friends jumped in like people were attacking her personally when all some people really wanted was to do was to inform everybody else... "the format is good, but it needs modification."

'I luv my chappara' , I hope you dont take my response to you as an attack on you personally. It is not. Good luck on your soon to be journey to the US. Congrats!

Edited by NoelandTintin

Funny though coz most of Shape's friends have only mostly personal comments to share, including you.

One even metioned she will use Shape's affidavits exactly the way it is, even though her case have long been approved

I understand that maybe shape's affidavit is lacking, but some people are accusing her that it was wrong? I don't think so, they are not the USCIS.

If you read the thread again, without bias, youd probably realize that Loterly was the one who initially brought up personal issues here.

I read the thread, she was hurt by ur comments and specially when u posted the link, it makes her upset,

To be honest, when I gave that advice to Loterly, I really thought I was helping and not hurting her.

I mean she was thinking of burining herself to cover cuts she did to herself. I really thought she needed professional help. What kind of advice do you think I should have given her?

That time Ate Loterly is very worried about her situation, that is why she think of it (burning the scars) because she really want to be with her fiance soon, that's why she asked advices from others, and when she saw advices that it seems that she don't have to worry about visa, instead her mental health? of course she was hurt, coz she asked... to lie or to admit it...? But we knew now that she did the right thing, and passed the counseling.. so this issue is past.. and be happy for her..

I know Shape meant well and always try to help. But she did get a little defensive and her friends jumped in like people were attacking her personally when all some people really wanted was to do was to inform everybody else... "the format is good, but it needs modification."

Thats her affidavit, so she thinks it is really right coz she was approved without RFE. There were people who said that it is useless and wrong, it is hurtful comments u know.. when u try to help and then u will hear something like that..

'I luv my chappara' , I hope you dont take my response to you as an attack on you personally. It is not. Good luck on your soon to be journey to the US. Congrats!

No, i don't think that you attacked me personally.. we just both want to voice out what we want to say... :) thanks

Timeline

I luv my chappara, you must be less than half my age and yet you talk with gentle maturity. And I completely understand everything you said. Perhaps it is because you explained without calling me names. :-)

Ryan is a lucky guy!!

Loterly, please accept my apologies again. I will be more careful with my post.

Shape, Please accept my apology. Perhaps we could have used better words than using words like "useless, etc"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.