✿Ice Rain✿

WITNESS AFFIDAVITS

128 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi Dear Shape,

i have read ur post abt affidavit support yesterday and i just informed my husband we will use it as our guide din and i dont find it misleading but rather a positive approach on guiding and sharing us what you think is good for our visa process :thumbs: :thumbs: anyways just continue of what ur doing on helping and inspiring a lot of people here .... which includes me and my husband :)

keep it up shape :)

Perhaps you just want to say something nice but how could you possibly use these affidavit examples as a guide, given you already filed I-130 and I-129F last year?

yap, and we intend to use her witness affidavit of support format and include it then on our supporting documents once we have our interview.

Every part of me wants you, maybe because I was made just for you!

You are My Alpha and Omega

I-130 Timeline

Nov 21 2007 - Sent I-130

Dec 27 2007 - VSC receipt date

Feb 05 2008 - NOA1 received thru snail mail

Feb 09 2008 - Cheque has been cashed by USCIS

Feb 24 2008 - Updated in the system

May 07 2008 -Touched

May 08 2008 -Touched

Nov 05, 2008 - NOA2

Nov 10, 2008 - Received Approval noticed thru snail mail

Dec 10, 2008 - Medical Passed!

Jan 06, 2009 - Interview Approved!!!! glory to our GOD

Jan 12, 2009 - Visa received

Jan 24, 2009 - Flight to Jacksonville (POE @ Washington Dulles)

I-129f Timeline

Feb 22 2008 - Sent I-129f

Mar 25 2008 - NOA1

Apr 16 2008 - Touched

Nov 05, 2008 - NOA2

Nov 10, 2008 - Received Approval noticed thru snail mail

Dec 10, 2008 - Medical Passed!

Jan 06, 2009 - Interview Approved!!!! glory to our GOD

Jan 12, 2009 - Visa received

Jan 24, 2009 - Flight to Jacksonville (POE @ Washington Dulles)

To My Loving Husband Kenneth,

i-love-you.gif

Forever and a day....

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hi Dear Shape,

i have read ur post abt affidavit support yesterday and i just informed my husband we will use it as our guide din and i dont find it misleading but rather a positive approach on guiding and sharing us what you think is good for our visa process :thumbs: :thumbs: anyways just continue of what ur doing on helping and inspiring a lot of people here .... which includes me and my husband :)

Perhaps you just want to say something nice but how could you possibly use these affidavit examples as a guide, given you already filed I-130 and I-129F last year?

yap, and we intend to use her witness affidavit of support format and include it then on our supporting documents once we have our interview.

That's up to you but it would be highly unconventional, particularly if the content was limited to the wedding instead of the relationship. Unless you are short of other more conventional evidence of bona fides, I'd advise against it at the interview stage, regardless of the content in the affidavits.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I included affidavits because it was listed as one of the articles of documentation. Some of these affidavits were not from witnesses of the wedding but from people who are well respected in our community. Those simply stated who they were and in their words stated what they knew about our relationship and marriage. These are not cut and dry types of documentation like a marriage certificate but do give a more personal viewpoint of our relationship and marriage. A marriage license/certificate is certainly proof of a marriage but doesn't do anything to describe if the relationship is bonfire. I think the affidavits can help state the case that the marriage is bonfire and not just a route to immigration.

My wife is a Filipina and I once failed to agree with her in a disagreement she had with a neighbor. I will never make that mistake again. I agree with Shape on this one even though pushbrk is generally very knowledgeable on his advice.

K-3 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

Marriage : 2007-05-24

I-130 Sent : 2007-08-28

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-15 receipt date

I-130 NOA2: 2008-09-02 Hardcopy

I-129F Sent : 2008-02-29

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-03-03

I-129F RFE(s) : None

RFE Reply(s) : None

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-08-26 (email)

I-129F NOA2: 2008-09-02 Hardcopy

NVC Received :2008-09-04

NVC Left : 2008-09-04

Consulate Received :2008-09-12

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Medical: 2008-09-23,24

Sputum Test Passed, complete medical: 2008-12-08

Interview Date : 2008-12-22, White Slips, need current marriage index and CENOMAR

Visa Received : 2009-01-19

US Entry : 2009-02-01

I-130 Approval : 2008-08-26

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 179 days from your filing date.

Your I-130 was approved in 364 days from your filing date.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi Dear Shape,

Hi Kennethea,

Thank you.

I'm glad to know you guys appreciate what i have shared here about this "witness affidavits", despite of this thrown-up accusation here to me.

It's your choice already on what details you will put in the body of your affidavits.

Shape.

Timeline

Again, we opted to include this affidavits in our petition because we were only following what the instructions said in USCIS regarding filing the IR130 petition.

And if you find our affidavits "wrong detailed" , i don't think it is wrong as all the details i put were all true, Maybe it's better if you can just rephrase by saying "lacking some details". Wrong and Lacking are very different.

Timeline
Again, we opted to include this affidavits in our petition because we were only following what the instructions said in USCIS regarding filing the IR130 petition.

And if you find our affidavits "wrong detailed" , i don't think it is wrong as all the details i put were all true, Maybe it's better if you can just rephrase by saying "lacking some details". Wrong and Lacking are very different.

I'm sorry. My statement are intended to help people avoid mistakes. Your affidavits contained the wrong details. In a case where an affidavit would actually be needed, they should contain details about the relationship, not the wedding.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
I included affidavits because it was listed as one of the articles of documentation. Some of these affidavits were not from witnesses of the wedding but from people who are well respected in our community. Those simply stated who they were and in their words stated what they knew about our relationship and marriage. These are not cut and dry types of documentation like a marriage certificate but do give a more personal viewpoint of our relationship and marriage. A marriage license/certificate is certainly proof of a marriage but doesn't do anything to describe if the relationship is bonfire. I think the affidavits can help state the case that the marriage is bonfire and not just a route to immigration.

My wife is a Filipina and I once failed to agree with her in a disagreement she had with a neighbor. I will never make that mistake again. I agree with Shape on this one even though pushbrk is generally very knowledgeable on his advice.

Hi Cieloazul,

Thank you for stating that "I included affidavits because it was listed as one of the articles of documentation." That's also what we followed that's why we enclosed affidavits.

What Documents Do You Need to Prove Family Relationship?

A. A copy of your marriage certificate.

B. If either you or your spouse were previously married, submit copies of documents showing that all prior marriages were legally terminated.

C. A passport-style color photo of yourself and a passport-style color photo of your husband or wife, taken within 30 days of the date of this petition. The photos must have a white background and be glossy unretouched and not mounted. The dimensions of the full frontal facial image should be about 1 inch from the chin to top of the hair. Using pencil or felt pen, lightly print the name (and Alien Registration Number, if known) on the back of each photograph.

D. A completed and signed Form G-325A, Biographic Information, for you and a Form G-325A for your husband or wife. Except for your name and signature you do not have to repeat on Form G-325A the information given on your Form I-130 petition.

NOTE: In addition to the required documentation listed above, you should submit one or more of the following types of documentation that may evidence that bona fides of your marriage:

E. Documentation showing joint ownership or property; or

F. A lease showing joint tenancy of a common residence; or

G. Documentation showing co-mingling of financial resources; or

H. Birth certificate(s) of child(ren) born to you, the petitioner, and your spouse together; or

I. Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by third parties having personal knowledge of the bona fides of the marital relationship. (Each affidavit must contain the full name and address, date and place of birth of the person making the affidavit, his or her relationship to the petitioner of beneficiary, if any, and complete information and details explaining how the person acquired his or her knowledge of your marriage); or

J. Any other relevant documentation to establish that there is an ongoing marital union.

Timeline

I'm sorry. My statement are intended to help people avoid mistakes. Your affidavits contained the wrong details. In a case where an affidavit would actually be needed, they should contain details about the relationship, not the wedding.

I don't want to have any misunderstanding with you Pushbrk because i from the very start I respect you.

But, In the instruction at USCIS it was stated this;

I. Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by third parties having personal knowledge of the bona fides of the marital relationship. (Each affidavit must contain the full name and address, date and place of birth of the person making the affidavit, his or her relationship to the petitioner of beneficiary, if any, and complete information and details explaining how the person acquired his or her knowledge of your marriage);

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Okay

I gave up shape. You are trying to help not misleading. Sorry if I offend anyone. I am not USCIS neither anybody around

But I prefer just follow pushbrk. he seems to now things well.things well. So if others want o follow shape do it. Witnesses already have signed for the certeficate to be given to u. Relationship is for those who are living togrther, if they really live together. it doesnot concern for separated couples. my opinion only.

Anyway I am not a lawyer so do what ever u have to do. I guess this forum is about carifying and discussing and learning. not defending an opinion.

please dont try to calrify for me anymore.

BNM

USCIS

I-130 Sent : 2007-10-01

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-01-07

I-130 Approved : 2008-05-19

NVC

NVC Received : 2008-05-28

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2008-06-13

Pay I-864 Bill 2008-06-13

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2008-06-13

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I. Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by third parties having personal knowledge of the bona fides of the marital relationship. (Each affidavit must contain the full name and address, date and place of birth of the person making the affidavit, his or her relationship to the petitioner of beneficiary, if any, and complete information and details explaining how the person acquired his or her knowledge of your marriage)

it has been stated clearly here... :bonk:

and that is exactly the content of that affidavit.

1_280971304l.jpg

1_962753823l.jpg1_759630180l.jpg

1_812926551l.jpg

05-24-08 - POE JFK

06-10-08 - applied SSN (06-16-08 - received SSN card with maiden name)

06-21-08 - wedding day

06-24-08 - applied for SSN change of last name ( 07-02-08 - received SSN card with married name)

08-07-08 - AOS packet sent thru Fedex

08-08-08 - AOS packet received by USCIS

08-14-08 - NOA 1 date for AOS, EAD and AP

08-25-08 - Biometrics schedule received

09-05-08 - BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT

09-08-08 - TOUCHED (I-485 and EAD)

09-17-08 - I-485 transferred to California Service Center

09-19-08 - I-485 TOUCHED (received mail same day about the transfer too)

10-03/06/07-08 - I-485 TOUCHED

10-21-08 - I-131 AP APPROVED

10-22-08 - I-765 EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED

10-27-08 - RECEIVED AP in mail and I-765 touched again online

10-29-08 - Notice of Approval for I-765 was sent out today

10-30-08 - Notice of Approval for I-765 touched again then RECEIVED THE EAD CARD the same day

Timeline
I. Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by third parties having personal knowledge of the bona fides of the marital relationship. (Each affidavit must contain the full name and address, date and place of birth of the person making the affidavit, his or her relationship to the petitioner of beneficiary, if any, and complete information and details explaining how the person acquired his or her knowledge of your marriage)

No, the content of the example affidavits does not address "the bona fides of the marital relationship". Instead the content is limited to content addressing the legal marriage taking place. The marriage certificate is all that is needed to affirm that. The affidavits should contain information about the relationship, not the wedding. They should be from people who have observed enough about the relationship between the parties to assist in an adjudicator concluding not that they got married (Scam marriages have marriage certificates too.) but that the marriage is between people with a bona fide relationship.

The content should address the relationship, not the wedding. To think otherwise is to misunderstand the intent of the suggestion to include affidavits.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

if any, and..... so if there's any then include it, if there's none then dont.. :bonk:

1_280971304l.jpg

1_812926551l.jpg

05-24-08 - POE JFK

06-21-08 - wedding day

06-24-08 - applied for SSN change of last name ( 07-02-08 - received SSN card with married name)

10-30-08 - Notice of Approval for I-765 touched again then RECEIVED THE EAD CARD the same day

Timeline
Okay

I gave up shape. You are trying to help not misleading. Sorry if I offend anyone. I am not USCIS neither anybody around

But I prefer just follow pushbrk. he seems to now things well.things well. So if others want o follow shape do it. Witnesses already have signed for the certeficate to be given to u. Relationship is for those who are living togrther, if they really live together. it doesnot concern for separated couples. my opinion only.

Anyway I am not a lawyer so do what ever u have to do. I guess this forum is about carifying and discussing and learning. not defending an opinion.

please dont try to calrify for me anymore.

BNM

BNM,

Did i ever prohibit you to not follow Pushbrk? If Pushbrk seems to know things well, then THAT DOESN'T MEAN YOU have ALL THIS RIGHT TO ACCUSE ME PUBLICLY OF MISLEADING PEOPLE. Do you think i am that numb to be not offended with such easily thrown-up accusation?

And if you don't want to be clarified anymore, PLEASE,

I suggest before you make any comment or post in this thread, please do read then all the post previously until the latest in this thread. And not just because you see Pushbrk disagreeing me you are in every right to accuse me here.

Thank you,

Shape

Edited by SHAPE OF MY HEART

Im sorry but i just have to weigh in on this and in the words of the GREAT MISTA Rodney King. "Cant we all just getttt allllong???" and in the words of the late, great Mr Johnny Cochran... "IF it does not fit you must aquit!!!!"

Sorry i just had to add a lil comic relief to this discussion.

Edited by tzeksman

Married :...................06-09-2007

I-130 Sent : ..............11-03-2007

I-130 recieved:...........11-05-2007

NOA 1:.......................02-07-2008

I-130 Approved :.........03-13-2008

NVC Received :...........03-27-2008

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill :...04-15-2008

Paid I-864 Fee Bill:.....................04-18-2008

IV Fee Bill Generated:.................05-05-2008

IV Fee Bill Recieved:...................05-10-2008

IV Fee paid mailed USPS Xpress:.05-12-2008

Recieved AOS letter:...................05-15-2008

Sent AOS packet to NVC:..............05-20-2008

DS230 paket generated:..............06-02-2008

DS230 packet recieved:...............06-19-2008

DS230 sent to NVC:.....................06-27-2008

DS230 recieved by NVC:..............06-30-2008...................."It's all up to them now"

Case completed at NVC:...............07-09-2008...................."Thank you God"

Sons CRBA interview and approval at USE Manila............7-09-08

SLEC medical completed........9-3, 9-4, 9-5, 9-10-07......yes those lazys at SLEC took 4 days!!!!

Interview USE Manilla.................09-17-2008 APPROVED!!

VISA DELIVERED..........................09-19-2008

I FLY to fetch my family.................10-13-2008

We Fly back as a family FINALLY.....10-24-2008

P1011144-1.jpgP1010098-1.jpg1thumb.jpgP1010448.jpg

Timeline

No, the content of the example affidavits does not address "the bona fides of the marital relationship". Instead the content is limited to content addressing the legal marriage taking place. The marriage certificate is all that is needed to affirm that. The affidavits should contain information about the relationship, not the wedding. They should be from people who have observed enough about the relationship between the parties to assist in an adjudicator concluding not that they got married (Scam marriages have marriage certificates too.) but that the marriage is between people with a bona fide relationship.

The content should address the relationship, not the wedding. To think otherwise is to misunderstand the intent of the suggestion to include affidavits.

it was the judge himself/herself who witnessed the marital (marriage) that took place. he/she saw the marriage right before his/her eyes. she swore that he/she witnessed the marital union (marriage). becoz he/she was actually the one who "united" the 2. so the third party (who happens to be the judge who presided the marriage) gave her/his sworn statement (which is the affidavit) that there was really a marital relationship (the marriage-ceremony(wedding) that took place done in good faith (bonafide).

and the on-going relationship (which is the detailed information that u want to be included) you were referring here is written on the last part of the requirement (annex I), but u missed the word there IF ANY, AND complete information and details explaining how the person acquired his or her knowledge of your marriage. the highlighted part stated HOW THE PERSON ACQUIRED HIS OR HER KNOWLEDGE OF THE SAID MARRIAGE. and the answer would be.. that witness happens to be the judge himself/herself who knew ( acquired his/her knowledge) abt the marriage. SO THE THIRD PARTY (THE JUDGE) DOESNT NEED TO INCLUDE ANY DETAILED INFORMATIONS ANYMORE BECOZ HE/SHE STANDS TO BE THE GREAT INFORMATION HIMSLEF/HERSELF.

marital relationship is the marriage and wedding is the ceremony.

the requirement letter I only ask for affidavit.

the marriage certificate (which they also submitted) is one of the documents required to be submitted.

shape here just wanted to give everything that she has becoz it just happen that she doesnt have the following :

E. Documentation showing joint ownership or property; or

F. A lease showing joint tenancy of a common residence; or

G. Documentation showing co-mingling of financial resources; or

H. Birth certificate(s) of child(ren) born to you, the petitioner, and your spouse together

and she can only provide the letter I.

if anyone can provide from letter E to I then that would be so GREAT

1_280971304l.jpg

1_812926551l.jpg

05-24-08 - POE JFK

06-21-08 - wedding day

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.